Sports Anyone Else Have NHL Center Ice?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Roland Schwinn, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    So they re-did the whole deal over the allstar break and the streaming is STILL shit for me. I watch movies on netflix, no problem, movies on ps4 stream no problem. Fucking NHL Gamecenter which was streaming fine before the all star break, now works fine for 10 minutes then starts stuttering ones or twice a second. It is fucking infuriating me!

I know there were lots of issues when they launched this new platform, Mid-fucking-season. But i was just curious if anyone here has the the deal and if so, are you still having trouble. :hat:

ARM and check1 like this.
  2. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    I don't like the changes, and yes, I've noticed streaming problems.

3. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    Well at least that makes me feel better. I keep thinking, must be my shitty ass, old ass, laptop. But then i think about the netflix HD shit that streams flawlessly. And NHL worked fine before the break! BAAAAAA!

scoobyla likes this.
  4. Mojopin

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, the NHL rarely gets things right.

Robert Higgins and John Mahlin like this.
  5. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    Well i have been pleased with this service for the last 2 or 3 years, but this shit is pissin me off!

6. Mojopin

Reputations:
    I'll still buy it every year though. I can't miss my Flyers.

deadbeat likes this.
  7. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Saw that game 2 Saturday's ago when Simmons decked McDonough with one smack. Dropped him like a prom dress.
    Turns out McDonough went to my high school.
    Gosh I love NHL.

Stretch5000, LaserT and Mojopin like this.
  8. Gear Jammer

Gear Jammer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ive got Rogers Gamecenter and it BLOWS since the update. Lost all the classic stuff and some games are blacked out.

9. Mojopin

Reputations:
    I love Wayne.

10. FlatTimmy

FlatTimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I had Center Ice for half a season about ten years ago. I liked it. Then I took a job at night and it just didn't make sense to continue it. Most nights I didn't get home until 11:30. Even the west coast games halfway through by then. I realized I only got to see games on two nights a week. So I didn't bother continuing after that. I liked that the NHL network used to show both CBC games on Saturday nights. First they pulled the 10 PM game and now it seems like they don't even carry the 7 PM game anymore. Center Ice is free this week and I think it costs $50 for the rest of the season. I'm thinking about it, especially now that the NHL network isn't carrying that many Canada-based games. Plus now that I'm on days, at least I'd get to see it.

11. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah they have some glitches. They messed up a bit with the change. Hopefully they work out the glitches soon. I need my three games a night when I'm in.

check1 likes this.
  12. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    oh shit.........
    and NHL DID hire MLB Advanced Media last yr too.......both my brothers work for MLB AM

The six-year deal announced on Tuesday with the NHL, in which MLBAM purchased the rights to distribute live out-of-market games, including through the NHL GameCenter LIVE and NHL Center Ice subscription services in the United States and certain international markets is for $100 million annually ($600 million total). MLBAM will operate NHL.com, including the League’s seven native language sites, and each of the NHL club websites. MLBAM will operate NHL apps and be available to develop apps for the Clubs. The NHL and MLBAM will partner on the design and development of new digital products and platforms with the league and its clubs retain editorial control across all platforms. Along with the digital aspects, MLB Network will provide studio space and production resources for the NHL Network for distribution in the United States and certain international markets. On top of this, the NHL will become a 7-10 percent equity owner in BAM Tech.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...beginning-for-bam-tech-spin-off/#9aca1bd39704

13. Gogol Boobdello

Reputations:
    At MLB Advanced Media there is a push to stay ahead in the streaming arena

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-advanced-media-20150930-story.html

By January, BAM Tech will be operating the NHL's Gamecenter Live, the site and app that streams TV broadcasts for out-of-market games, and will get the revenue for the ads sold in that online content.

This year the league swung a deal with the PGA Tour to produce and sell exclusive coverage of early rounds for nonmajor golf events not seen on cable or broadcast TV. Several hundred thousand users have signed on for $4.99 a month to get the coverage, which is available only through the PGA Tour Live app.

14. Gogol Boobdello

Reputations:
    “Transitions are tough, no matter when you do them,” said MLBAM CEO/President Bob Bowman. “Doing them midseason is a high-wire act. It takes a lot of cooperation and a lot of faith.”

NHL.TV Offers Robust Live-Streaming PlatformIn perhaps its biggest video change, the league says goodbye to its GameCenter LIVE streaming service and takes a page from MLBAM’s portfolio, introducing NHL.TV, which will debut on Feb. 1.

[​IMG]
    New NHL.TV’s interactive timeline highlights scoring plays and provides DVR-like control.

In addition to the big jump from 30 fps to 60 fps, NHL.TV offers more team-customization tools, six-camera mosaic layouts, unique alternate angles, and an interactive timeline that highlights scoring plays for easy DVR-like control.

Bowman noted that it took an investment on the backend to boost streaming quality to 60 fps but added that it was worth it to give fans the quality they need, especially for users who typically throw a stream from their device onto their home television.

“It’s got to compete against HDTV, and we don’t want to see a degradation,” he said. “It is more expensive. The throughput is more expensive. The hardware is more expensive. But it’s what fans expect. In other games, you might be able to get away with it but not in this game: the puck moves fast, and it moves often.”

http://www.sportsvideo.org/2016/01/28/nhl-mlbam-set-to-reboot-hockey-leagues-digital-portfolio/

15. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Gamecenter was very hit and miss before the change for me, but no problem since.

16. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:

So weird! When it was center ice, i had the DVR like timeline that showed all that stuff. Now that it is NHL tv, i dont! BAAAAA!!1

Oh well. I am sure it will all get worked out.

17. rockstarhair

rockstarhair Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It works great for me but I'm with Directv.

18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you think maybe an XBOX operating system would help?

I know all the contemporary video game systems have streaming Apps for every sport now.

I personally have NBA LEAGUE PASS and occasionally it refuses to carry HD for certain games but that's the extent of the problems THIS year.

But, if it makes you feel any better in the past years - it would flicker out as if a signal wasn't strong enough to carry a Trailblazers vs Kings game and annoyingly toggle back and forth the whole game.

Roland Schwinn likes this.
  19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We are INDEED in 2016 where ANY of this shit shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I had a friend, who in the early 2000s got a fucking pirate descrambler for his DIRECTV. It unlocked EVERY national/local feed for every channel in the nation - as well as every PPV thing that aired in every time zone. Every single sport in every single market - just overwhelming.

To this day - it was the best set up I've ever seen and tech has advanced 15 years.

20. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:

Yeah there are other streaming options I havent tried the ps4 app since the i update, I just use my laptop for 90% of the streaming i do.