Anyone else here suffer from anxiety?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Aug 5, 2011.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I hate to type this out but I'm hoping talking about will make me feel better tonight.

I have been suffering with panic and anxiety since I was 8 years old. Tonight I am at the lowest point I have ever been. With this sickness that I have anxiety and panic have set in. I cant seem to get a hold of myself, I am at the bottom and cant stop crying.

I have read many many posts on other forums by many people that suffer from this but it doesn't make it any easier.

I have been treating my anxiety with herbs and it does help but when I get an extreme attack like tonight nothing helps.

I just want to rest.

2. Doug Masters

Doug Masters ok

Reputations:
    go for a walk...sitting around will only make it worse

it helps me

3. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    Yes, one of the reasons I was on Effexor, which I am just quitting. Do research on any of the drugs a doctor would prescribe for anxiety, some have nasty drawbacks.

4. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know dawg, I normally don't recommend medicine but in extreme cases it could be helpful. This might be one of them. You could try seeing a psychiatrist first. Doesn't sound like what you're doing is helping.

5. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    i have very bad social phobia and suffer from anxiety.

For short term, acute anxiety, xanax is tops. Highly addictive tho. but you feel better. it takes the edge off of things.

Read, watch a movie, TV show, sing a song. You need to distract yourself. That's what works for me. If i start thinking about how anxious I am, it makes it a million times worse.

Do you live alone?

6. Doug Masters

Doug Masters ok

Reputations:
    my worst attack was at work a few years ago...out of the blue my body went numb...all the muscles in my body tightened up and I was really weak. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want anyone to notice. I bolted for the stairwell and barely made it down the stairs and outta the building. I walked it off but that shit was fucked up

7. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah Dawg you might want to get professional help that sounds pretty serious

8. dawg

Reputations:
    I have been taking passion flower for anxiety which is herbal but as i say it doesnt help with extreme episodes.

The thing is, my whole life I cannot live in the moment, all i do is worry about the past and the future. I never just live for the moment. I also suffer from OCD which triggers the anxiety.

When i get a real illness like i have now anxiety kicks in so i have to deal with both.

I dont want to have to take real medication for anxiety because all the nasty side effects.

9. Doug Masters

Doug Masters ok

Reputations:
    I heard Paxil works pretty good....doesn't have to be permanent...just until you get better

10. Bye You!

Reputations:
    another brother from another mother for me tonight. I have never been able to just plain old BE HAPPY!!!

always regretting the past and fearing the future. It sucks.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    I live with my son but i dont want to trouble him with this. He doesnt suffer from this and i am so thankful.

12. Doug Masters

Doug Masters ok

Reputations:
    I don't have OCD...but I deal with it everyday.....

:nag:

13. dawg

Reputations:
    I knew as soon as I posted someone would understand. So many people suffer from Anxiety and OCD but never discuss it. also, trying to talk to someone in real life is very dificult because no one understands. I have been told to toughen up and get over it. God how i wish it was that simple.

14. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    smoke more weed.

15. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I understand but I think the side effects can be better than what you're going through.

Listen, I had medication but sometimes it is the best option.

16. dawg

Reputations:
    Ive heard it helps but with my luck i would just panic more. I think im better off sober lol.

17. Bye You!

Reputations:
    oh that's a stupid thing to tell someone. I am on meds, mostly for depression and OCD, but twice in the last 8 months or so i found it necessary to take Xanax. It really helps. It's not like an anti-depressant where you have to build up blood levels. Works within 45 minutes, and hopefully you can snap out of the cycle. i take 1/2 of the smallest dose they make in the morning, which is half of what the dr says i should take. I just need something to help me actually walk out the door in the morning.

I used to be so bad, that i would go to work, come home, and never left my house except for that. If i had no food in the house, i would go hungry. I do worry about that happening again, but this time not get over it, because i can get anything delivered to my apartment.

and there is no shame in being medicated. I know men worry about the side effects more than women, but i haven't had any. maybe i'm just lucky :dontknow:

tons of people suffer from this. You are so not alone. I am sure you have to follow up on this infection. mention it to the doctor. Any MD can prescribe xanax.

18. dawg

Reputations:

Thank you for the words of encouragement. You know your right, anything that can snap you out it for a while can be effective for months. I have had that happen where i take some passion flower for one or two days then im ok for months. But it seems to return when you least expect to.

19. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    That's what it does to me.

20. Doug Masters

Doug Masters ok

Reputations:

:rolleye: