Anyone ever blow a job interview.?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TeeDonkey, Dec 31, 2015.

1. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'll try and make this as short as possible. I could use some advice....

Currently I am a union electrician here in Maryland for almost 20 years. The work outlet for the union looks really grim, Baltimore has changed and it's not the industrial town it once was...chemical companies, Bethlehem Steel, General Motors etc, all gone.

I've seen a lot of my friends, good electricians get laid off. So while I was/am working, I decided to go back to college (community college), and give myself some more options if a layoff was to happen. It could take a year before the union could send you back to work locally. The unions answer is to travel to other states and work.

After 2 years, I just finished my Associates Degree in Construction management. So I have that, and 20 years in the field.

I saw a job opening at a union electrical contractor in my area, for an assistant project manager.

I sent my resume in, and got called in for an interview about a month later.

I was a little nervous, never been on a job interview before. Plus I felt like I didn't meet every requirement they wanted for the job. They were looking for a Bachelor's degree (or equal experience).

During the interview, I tried to stress what I learned in school. That I understand the principles of project management, and I am familiar with all the software, etc. We ended the interview, and I felt it went well.

Got a call 2 weeks later, hey would you come back in, we would like to talk more. I said sure man no problem.

I sit down, and they told me they felt I was too nervous the first time and couldn't see my true personality. What? They told me they weren't overly concerned with my technical skills in P management, they wanted to see what kind of personality I had. I was told they could teach a monkey how to do estimating, and p management, but what they can't teach is personality.

I was like, ah ok....um, um, yeah i have a personality, um.....I totally fucking froze up!!!! I was not expecting that. I researched how to interview, spent hours prepping, and BAM a curve ball.

Personality, man I'm fun on the job, and get shit done too, that's why I am still working. Never had a problem from an owner, or other contractors. I understand how to calm a situation, and treat my crew with respect.

But man, I really don't feel like that came across in the interview......I just froze up. I can't believe it. I think I really freaking blew it!!! I would have liked that job, i think.

IDK, it has me really bummed out for new years, and the wife is all happy to be home from work, and I am just depressed.

Ok, this is a long shot, flame suit on....... :chair::chair:

2. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    I thought union tards just got themselves on a list and got jobs based on seniority. :scratch:

Wangold, KDK12, Birddog and 1 other person like this.
  3. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Holy shit I want to post a food pic.

Pitzarea and TeeDonkey like this.
  4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    but what they can't teach is personality??????????

wow cock suckers

next time have a dick joke on stand by

5. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

:doh:

AcquiringSignal likes this.
  6. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    No, OP. I've never given a blow job at an interview.
    (But seriously. Sorry)

7. DJ Retardo

DJ Retardo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've bombed a couple of interviews myself, it's a shitty feeling, usually if you feel uncomfortable during the interview process you probably don't want to work there anyway, you'll get more opportunities, just be patient and don't beat yourself up too much...

8. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

:winner:

I was wondering who would be the first to say, you blew who for a job....:bj:

close enough.... :giggle:

9. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let them know your Likes to Message ratio is better than 1:1 here at Dawgs. Don't tell them what goes on here.

10. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    Get a good friend who is senior to you in your field and have him mock interview you a few times until you have a comfort level with anything they throw at you! It helps to practice, and good luck!

11. TeeDonkey

Reputations:
    I felt like telling them, look at this mug I got, and I've gotten laid, and I am happily married.....you don't think that takes some personality, because I sure ain't hung like madingo!

12. DJ Retardo

DJ Retardo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the last guy in the position was probably too much of a dick or not enough of a dick....

RONNIE THE CLAW, sino8r and TeeDonkey like this.
  13. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Shouldn't that already be listed as an accomplishment on the resume?

14. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

That is great advice, but I have to be careful there. Any one hears that I am job hunting the union will lay me off in a heartbeat, and tell me they have 500 guys waiting to take my job.

I am in a private sector union, not a Gov't union where it takes an act of god to lose your job.

Every friday my job is in question.

It sucks living friday to friday....who got laid off, are they looking for me, etc etc...it's gotten that bad

cetiya and wife is a whore like this.
  15. Pitzarea

Pitzarea Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Memorize this joke and you'll never have to give a blow job at an interview again:

Three women apply for a job in a bar. The manager asks, "If you found $20 on the floor of the bar, what would you do with it?"
    First one says, "I'd pick it up and put it in the till."
    Second one says, "I'd check to see if anyone close by had lost it. If not, I'd pick it up and put it in the till."
    Third one says, "I'd put my foot on it and when no one was looking, I'd pick it up and put it in my pocket."
    Which one got the job?

The one with the biggest tits.

16. TeeDonkey

Reputations:
    After 10 years with this current company, no one's job is secure.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  17. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    A few things - don't sweat it. You're human we all fuck up. If they don't know how good you are - fuck 'em. They missed out.

If they really wanted to know you're personality they would have taken you out to lunch or dinner. Sounds like some kind of test - which I hate.

Congratulations on going back to school - not easy to do man. I don't think I could now.

Interviews are a bitch. I tell my friends, always take an interview when offered even if you have little interest in that job. It's the best way to practice. That way when you find the job you're really interested in you'll be well practiced for that interview. There's no substitute for practice/experience.

There are all kinds of curveball questions that interviewers have. There are many websites dedicated to helping you prepare for those. You don't know if the personality they were looking for was more formal or less formal, etc. So, you're at a disadvantage - don't sweat it. There will be other jobs. Look at it this way - you got an interview for something that you may have been under qualified for (on paper) which is a huge acomplishment.

For this position - I recommend you contact the hiring manager and HR person - write them a letter separately - (Type it) and send it separately via Express Mail - or some other "important" mailing method.

In the letter - you tell them how much you really enjoyed the company/position/opportunity - and also remind them of why you're great for the position. And volunteer to meet them again or maybe offer to meet with them for lunch (you pay). You can say, something like, "Even if this position doesn't work out, I greatly really respect your opinion and would like to get candid feedback about my interview."

ALWAYS write thank you letters after an interview where you think you want the job. It really helps if you send hard copy of a (well proofread) letter view express mail to them.

Maybe they're on the fence about hiring your and the letter will put them back in your camp - you can also say something like, if this opportunity isn't a fit you'd like to be considered for the next opening.

The trick is to get in front of them again - maybe for lunch or coffee.

If you're really super bummed about this - Message me. I know a headhunter in your field (ironically). Maybe I can hook you up with her - but she's in NY.

18. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

:hilarious:

Can I call them back on monday and tell them I want a 3rd interview because I have new material to try out....idk maybe send an email?

nutzbaby, IfTheyOnlyKnew and Pitzarea like this.
  19. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Didn't you learn anything, in a sense, from listening to endless hours of the Wig interviewing different people ?
    When they ask you a question your reply should be asking how big their cock is.
    Then ask them if they have ever done hash oil and Quaaludes.
    You will be starting your new job before you know it. :up:

20. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    :up:

Pitzarea likes this.