Anyone ever edit Wikipedia pages?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MrPACS, Jul 26, 2015.

1. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Curious if anyone ever has and what it entails? Thanks.

2. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I thought about doing a serious edit to Howard's page to do a legit explanation of the fallout with his fan base. Too much over the top Beth stuff and it would get deleted quick. You have to make your IP public or make an account and I haven't committed yet. @Benjamen could probably do a great job.

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I think Howard and Beth's page are locked from edit now.

MrPACS likes this.
  4. al pacinos baby

al pacinos baby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I kept putting shit on Lena Dumbhams, but they kept removing it. Fucking liberal fascists.

5. Dave Jones

Dave Jones Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I edited my Grandfathers info (was an English Rugby player). It listed his kids and where they were born. My mom being one of his kids didn't want her name and birth date listed so I went in and deleted it. It was put back on the next day.

MrPACS likes this.
  6. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I'm not logged in but I clicked the edit button and it appeared to take me forward. There are two separate pages. One for Howard the person and one for the show. The one for the show would be much easier to edit. If it gets legit sources like the GP radaronline article it should be able to stick.

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah the show one is open to the public. Their personal pages were locked down a long time ago for well know reasons haha.

Slow likes this.
  8. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Yes, you need an account, and it's easy, however if you add shit that is untrue it will be deleted quicky.

MrPACS likes this.
  9. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They probably assumed it was vandalism, might not be a bad idea to go to the talk Page and say why you want it removed, of course Wikipedia editors are fucking autists who have no sense of reasoning.

The only editing I did on Wikipedia was vandalizing with very plausible misinformation and seeing how long it'd take for someone to correct it, fun times for a bored youngster.

10. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    I've contributed to some organized crime pages and my edits have withstood the test of time over 6-7 years since I source the comments to the newspaper archives.

To maintain some privacy by not having your IP address public, establishing an account is recommended. It only takes a few minutes.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  11. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  12. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know how to edit, but i have put a few things in the "Talk" pages when i feel something might be nice to add.

On most 'talk' pages, the response to this sort of thing is "yeah,go ahead insert that into the article your damn self" but a real good edit seems too challenging

always check the Talk pages for added facts/rumors/controversies!

MrPACS likes this.
  13. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In trade school we put one of the guys in class as the mayor of his little hick town. I never really checked if it ever was changed.

14. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    I edited the whack pack page a couple of times to say that a pretty popular theory was that Dr Remulack was just some friend of Stuttering John's that would call in and "only talk to John" as a way to get John more airtime. There were several times in the show where John would want to come into the studio for something, Gary would say no and then suddenly within five minutes Dr Remulack would mysteriously call in so John would have to be let into the studio. Then as soon as he hung up John would bring up whatever he wanted to come into the studio for in the first place

Coincidently Dr. Remulack called in exactly ZERO times after John left to work for Leno. I'd be willing bet if we knew anyone in the Leno writing room they could probably tell you a story about a John pitching it as a Leno bit.

It was always reedited out within a day.