WTF Anyone ever had a water bed? Your experience?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MilkyDischarge, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    how was sex on it? Anal or vaginal, feel free to share stories. Here's some history ,

People were also eager to try a new spin on something as boring as a bed. Kids, especially, loved the squishy, gurgling weirdness of a waterbed. If you were a child of the '80s, it arguably was as close to a status symbol as you could get. Manufacturers, meanwhile, fed the demand with novelty frames, bunk beds, circular love nest beds, and even waterbeds for dogs. They also improved the experience with innovations like “baffles” that cut down on the wave motion many beds created, thereby addressing the one-of-a-kind problem of people getting seasick in their own bedrooms. As waterbed mania swept the nation, specialty outlets like Waterbed Plaza, Waterbed Emporium, and the Waterbed Store opened up shop, and wave after wave of cheesy local television ads followed.

By 1984, waterbeds were a $2 billion business. At the height of their popularity, in 1987, 22 percent of all mattress sales in the U.S. were waterbed mattresses.

[​IMG]
    Ranger232, YouTube
    Here’s the thing about waterbeds, though: They were high maintenance. Installing one meant running a hose into your bedroom and filling the mattress up with hundreds of gallons of H2O—a precarious process that held the potential for a water-soaked bedroom. Waterbeds were also really, really heavy. In addition to the filled mattress, the frame—which had to support all that water weight—could be a back-breaker. When the mattress needed to be drained, an electric pump or some other nifty siphoning tricks were required. Waterbeds could also spring leaks (as Edward Scissorhands showed), which could be patched but, again, added to the cost and hassle.

In the '90s, it became clear that the novelty of waterbeds couldn’t overcome the additional work they required. By that time, competitors like Tempur-Pedic and Select Comfort were also coming out with mattress innovations that offered softness and flexibility without making customers run a garden hose through their second-floor bedroom window.

These days, the waterbed market is still going, albeit on a much, much smaller scale. Mattress models are lighter than the models of decades past, and come with nifty accessories like foam padding and interior fibers that further cut down on the wave effect. They’re also outfitted with tubes or “bladders” that take in water rather than the entire mattress, making the experience less like filling an enormous water balloon. Most models are quite sophisticated, in fact. The Boyd Comfort Supreme mattress has all the technical specs of a household gadget: three-layer lumbar support, four-layer reinforced corners, “thermavinyl” heat resistant bottom layer, five-layer wave reduction system. That’s a lot of layers! There are also airframe waterbeds that stand firm on their own, and sophisticated temperature-control devices that keep sleepers warm. Marty Pojar, owner of The Waterbed Doctor (which takes mainly online and phone orders), told The Orange County Register that most of his orders come from customers in the Midwest and Northeast, where customers want to hop into a warm bed on cold winter nights.

Like those who still play Sega Genesis or prefer a flip phone to an iPhone, waterbed customers are fiercely loyal to their retro trend. But their enthusiasm alone won’t likely bring waterbeds back to the mainstream. Indeed, even the name “waterbed” carries negative connotations, retailers note. Pojar prefers to call them “flotation” beds. A Washington D.C. furniture salesman interviewed by The Atlantic said he oftentimes doesn’t tell customers when they’re lying on a waterbed. "Everybody who tries the ones we have on our floor is very happy with the feel, but some people won't get it just because it's a waterbed," he said. These days, the most promising market for soft, squishy waterbeds may, oddly enou

sstressed, jaw_belize and Mr Cachexic like this.
  2. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    waterbed's are 10/10

never had sex on one though, i had one up until around 7ish so not many chances

3. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    My parents had one when I was little. I think they had it before i was born, too. Anyway, I loved that thing.

4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sure as fuck not reading that novel and no.

larryluncg and RonHeinzkaboot like this.
  5. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    it's a whole thing

Mulletude and Stretch5000 like this.
  6. Hamster

Hamster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I guess there were different types..... When I was a teen I got sea sick on my cousins it moved so much.

Then one girl I dated had one that was supposedly less wavy and it was fantastic.

Mr Fantastic and meanredhed like this.
  7. meanredhed

meanredhed Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I've had a water bed until about 3 years ago when we got a tempurpedic. I loved it! We never had a leak, we just had to use a broom to get the air bubbles out once in a while. It was so nice cuddling into a heated water bed on a cold winter night. It was a full motion one.
    Unfortunately my husband's back wouldn't let us have it anymore so we had to switch.

8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...yes ive had a water bed and theye pretty cool you have to buy a good one tho. if you want it wavy as hell leave an air bubble in it, if you want a wave that doesnt keep sloshing push the air bubble out with a broom handle or other appropriate tool.

monsoon, sstressed and meanredhed like this.
  9. ninifunkhauser

ninifunkhauser Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sex on an old school waterbed is difficult and not fun. There's no grounding. My friend has a waterbed with the tubes instead. She says she has no difficulty.

10. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe that bed is why you were born!

11. Pill Queen

Pill Queen Elegantly wasted Gold

Reputations:
    I had one in the 80's & 90's. Of course, as a kid, I wanted the full motion mattress. As I got older & sexually active, that mattress was a nightmare because it would move counter to however we were moving. If I got on my hands & knees to get it from behind, my knees would sink way down & it was hard to keep balance. I finally switched to a firmer mattress & it was much more comfortable to sleep & get nailed on. The biggest issue is if your heater goes out- it's impossible to sleep on unheated water, brrrrrrrr!

12. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    Had one. Hated it. Will never go back. I need rock solid.
    Was dating a healthy Hispanic girl at the time. The waves were not our friend and it was near impossible to pull off any complicated maneuvers - spinning, jackhammering and things of this nature.

13. meanredhed

Reputations:
    When the heat went out, I immediately put blankets on top of the bladder and slept on them. I didn't have any problems getting it from behind because I would just hang on to the head board.

14. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
    Had one for a few years. Don't miss it.

15. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    I had one growing up and up through college. Loved it

16. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I had a regular big bladder one in Jr high and didn't do any banging on it but then got a tube one in high school and had a great time on it!

Pooh bear and Pill Queen like this.
  17. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    My parents had one. It was a bitch to move.

18. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...it takes a red headed woman to get a dirty job done. :yes:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and meanredhed like this.
  19. meanredhed

Reputations:
    There's always a way!!

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  20. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    I banged my high school girl on one. Made me seasick. Fucker ended up popping and water ran down to the first floor. Yeah, real fun time with her parents...