WTF Anyone had dental work in Mexico?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Triple835, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Nice!!!

2. MeTed

MeTed Member

Reputations:
    I had dental work done in Costa Rica...very good work for 1/2 the price including the vacation!

Triple835 likes this.
  3. SuzanneFromSeattle

SuzanneFromSeattle New Member

Reputations:
    I cannot speak to dentists in the Cancun/Playa Del Carmen areas but I have been to Los Algodones a number of times. If you Google "suzannefromseattle" you'll see that I've responded to many people asking about "Dental Work in Mexico."

When people write to my Yahoo.com address (suzannefromseattle@), I send the journal of many pages (30) I wrote after my first trip in October, 2006. Too long to post here, I also include this summary from succeeding trips when I send the journal:
    2006, October: you know from the journal

2007, March: four implants, one mini-sinus lift

2007, September, two-week trip (this will always be the case when completing the implants):
    First Week: Dr. Bernal "discovered" the six implants (cut open the gums to display the implants), placed "gum-trainers" (I think they're called healing abutments) over the implants, preparation for seven regular crowns in lower jaw

Second Week: crowns for the six implants and crowns for the seven teeth in my lower jaw

2008, June: In 2006, there wasn't enough tooth left on #11 to place a crown so the lab created a combination crown for #11-#12. After almost two years, I decided that having to use a special flossing tool to work between the combination crown and the gum wasn't working for me...or maybe I was just lazy. I had a root canal to make way for the post, a post and buildup, a temporary, and then the crown. And a new crown for #12 that wasn't attached to #11.

Note on cost in June, 2008: Because I didn't need a lot of work, I checked with a Seattle dentist. I was quoted $2,400 just for the root canal, post, etc. By going to Dr. Bernal, I spent $1,200...and that included round-trip airfare on Southwest, car and hotel (Priceline) for a week, AND the dental work mentioned in the last paragraph.

2016, October: Over the past two years, I had two crowns fall off (not implants). I'd had crowns fall off in the past with my old Seattle dentist so I wasn't particularly concerned with the work; it happens. Because there wasn't much tooth left in either case, Dr. Bernal said I really needed implants. I was 70 then and told him I might live another five years. I asked him to do root canals, post/buildups, temporaries, and new crowns. He kept telling me that he couldn't guarantee the work. I said I was fine with that. January, 2018, still great!

2016, June: By the way, because I hadn't been to Los Algodones for eight years, I made an appointment with a new dentist (I moved from Seattle in 2013) in case I needed work in addition to the new crowns. I had a cleaning, X-rays, and exam and the dentist made two comments: 1) you sure put a lot of money into your mouth 2) you need two implants but the rest of your teeth look like you really take care of them! I didn't tell him that my dentist is in Mexico because I do not want him to "find" additional work that he "needs to repair." What surprised me was that the exam was so good because I stopped flossing about six years ago! Don't tell Dr. Bernal...

This is the contact information:
    Bernal Dental Group
    928-328-8237 (Arizona phone number)
    Monday thru Saturday, 8:00am - 3:00pm

Juan Macias
    Juan is the receptionist and appointment facilitator. He'll know all current prices.
    JoJuanMac@hotmail.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    People who think going to Mexico for dental work will end up in a disaster are alarmists. There are good dentists in Mexico and in the United States. There are not-so-good dentists in both places. Don't just walk into a dentist's office in EITHER COUNTRY. Get reviews and referrals.

Dr. Juan Bernal and assistant, October, 2016:
    [​IMG]

Bernal Dental Group, 2016 (since 2006, they've doubled the size of the office and have five dentists):
    [​IMG]

4. jwblue

jwblue Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Immediately after eating foods with sugar I brush, floss, and use a Waterpik. If there isn't any sugar I just chew gum. Cleaning every six months.

I haven't needed any dental work in five years other than a minor filling since starting that regimen.

If anyone wants a reference for the best dentist in San Diego I can give that. My dentist does my cleaning. Not a hygienist. That is how awesome he is.

Wangold likes this.
  5. JOHN DENVER

JOHN DENVER floating around

Reputations:

nice tits

Wainegro likes this.
  6. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Welcome to my underground lair.

Reputations:
    Can I email you?

babybear likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace VIP Extreme VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Next time you go, tell that assistant Ace said "wassup".

wife is a whore likes this.
  8. Wainegro

Wainegro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    We have money to go fiddle-fuck around in Mexico but we're not going to arrange for our treatment to be finished where it was started because there's a chance we could save a couple of bucks, or PERHAPS we just wanted to let everyone know we'll be traveling to Cancun next month for some reason. I would ask for dental advice here, about as soon as I'd search Backpage for someone to Christen my kid. I can't believe the number of serious replies you got, I see one of them wrote you War and Peace, wants to see your travel itinerary, and swap emails. The healthy, normal fuckers broke your balls. I don't appreciate your ruse, sir. I have to leave it at that for now, I'm busy on Craigslist in the Rants-n-Raves section, I'm soliciting the well balanced individuals that post there, for opinions regarding Oncology and my aftercare.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  9. tjinla

tjinla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Many of my friends go to Tijuana and they swear by dentists. Of course, most are poor white trash and have no choice. I think the teenage prostitutes are a better deal.

10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen New phone who dis? VIP

Reputations:
    Penny wise, raging staph infection foolish, they say.

wife is a whore, Wainegro and Wangold like this.
  11. ILOOKLIKEBETH

ILOOKLIKEBETH skunk patrol Gold

Reputations:

all this over 400 bucks , give your head a shave.

12. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live in LA and know a few people who go to Mexico for dental work. One had a dental implant and the other had his entire mouth done. Both had great experiences for half the price. They say most of the people at the dentist office were from America. So do some due diligence and you should be fine. Good luck!

13. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    I feel like Suzanne just goes around the Internet filling people in on Mexican dentistry.

14. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    If the difference between Mexico and the US is ONLY $450 and you can't afford/ have trouble affording that, then you shouldn't be fucking vacationing in Mexico to begin with.

15. Artie Laugh

Artie Laugh **** VIP

Reputations:
    She's one of those people @Schmoopy calls a shit mult.:grad:

wife is a whore likes this.
  16. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    Artie Laugh likes this.
  17. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    That’s o c flipping d

18. Tovahund

Tovahund Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fixed.

Walygatr likes this.
  19. Tovahund

Reputations:

Thailand not Mexico. You don't got to Mexico for anything.

20. Tovahund

Reputations:
    Forgive me if I missed the elephant in the room, you're traipsing around but can't afford decent insurance?

[​IMG]