Anyone have a mystical experience like Sal?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dorb, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I had a nearly identical experience at the same age.
    I remember leaving my body and floating 4 or 5 feet above it and feeling the presence of a divine entity.
    I think Sal may have had the same experience but was embellishing it by saying the bed also went up.

2. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you spit out pea soup afterward?

3. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only when I was tripping on mushrooms.

4. rawsterdam

rawsterdam Member

Reputations:
    Saw shadow people when I was a child. They didn't bother me, probably didn't even notice me, but scared the shit out of me.
    This one place I used to house sit, had an eerie feeling, I sometimes felt cobwebs all over me while there wasn't any there. Tried to shrug it off, hoped it was my imagination. This one night, while I was doing the dishes, the stove started clicking and turned on, on its own. I tried to ignore that too, but when I turned the faucet on I felt a heaviness pressing the faucet down, turning the water off. I left and quit that job.
    When visiting London last month, I stayed at a refurbished hotel and felt something pushing the mattress which woke me, before I could figure out if I was dreaming it, something sat down next to me, I could feel the indentation in the mattress, but was alone in the room. Tried to sleep with the light on the rest of that night.

5. Jet

Jet Active Member

Reputations:
    I love hearing stories about this stuff. :munch:

6. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My husband is convinced that a ghostly woman in white used to visit him when he was like 3 or 4 and levitate him at night. I tell him he was probably dreaming...mostly because that stuff freaks me out.

7. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    There was a compilation book written about haunted houses back in the 80s and my dead Aunt was in it. She swore that she lived in a haunted house and people who visited would swear that they saw some intense shit.
    I don't remember all of the stories, but one that stands out is whenever she and her family went out for the evening they would turn off all the lights when they left the house. The whole family would be loading up the car ready to pull off and suddenly, every light in the house, room by room would turn back on. The scary part was that behind the curtains you could see the shadows of people 'shaking' like they were laughing, and peaking out.
    I fucking hated visiting my Aunt. I wouldn't sleep for weeks after.
    Not exactly spiritual I guess.

8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    The only thing that ever happened was when I was a small child, maybe age 7, in bed at night. I swore there was a ghost in my room and it terrified me so much I could not scream. I could hear the "hooooooo" going around my under-the-covers head.

I think it was my imagination, though.

9. rawsterdam

rawsterdam Member

Reputations:
    My bf doesn't believe in this stuff and I too think a lot of ghostly things can be proven to be the wind, our imagination, electrical faults, etc.
    This one time he stayed at his great-aunt apartment in Tel Aviv. Without a tv, he was reading and at one point felt someone watching him. He saw a floating older lady curiously looking at him (not his aunt :-b), he didn't feel frightened, so when he tried to approach her she vanished in thin air.

10. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    My uncle reckons that he would see a ghost at night at my nanas house many years ago growing up, i'm kinda convinced that people have seen them...maybe because his my uncle :jj:
    One of the best interviews was when Sammy Hagar said he was sleeping when he heard the door bell, he woke up and his father was at the door that he had not seen in years.
    He told him to leave cause they couldn't get along, he went back upstairs and crawled into bed then his phone rang.

His sister was on the phone saying that dad had just died and they were in a different location far far away. Creepy.

If anyone wants the audio of that interview i can upload it...

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I don't buy the stories. I think the people telling them are bullshitting.

12. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    My son was 3 when we were in the accident. when he was 5 my uncle came over with a year book that ws my dads from high school. Inside was a polaroid picture of him from a year or so before he died. My son saw it and said, Dad, that's the man that was in the car with us after the accident.

My wife was in the kitchen, I was in the livingroom. We both saw a person take the laundry down stairs at the same time. We thought it was each other until I walked in the kitched 15 seconds later and we both said instantly, "How in hell did you get up here so fast without me seeing you"? Then we realized we had both seen the same thing from opposite sides.

13. SEGA

Reputations:
    Who really knows, some sound they could be true and some sound really off the wall.
    Guess will never know :dontknow:

14. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    when i was 3yrs old my grandmother died of bone cancer across the country.

the day she died my parents came to pick me up from the babysitter early , they told her my grandmother had died and we had to go right away out there. the babysitter turned white she said during the afternoon i had quit playing with a toy looked up to the sky and started talking to someone. the babysitter asked me what i was doing and i told her my grandmother was here to tell me goodbye. my parents asked me to explain what i saw, i told them she was "floating" in the sky in the back yard and she was talking but not out look but more like in my mind and that she wanted to tell me she loved me and she wished she could have come to visit one last time and to say goodbye. i explained she was wearing a white dress with flowers on it and she had blood on the corner of her mouth.

the next day we arrived at my grandfather's house where all my relatives had gathered my parents related the story to my aunt who had been there when she died. now my aunt turned white she said i was correct she was wearing a floral pattern hospital gown and moments before she passed she was bleeding from her mouth because they had broken her skin doing an intibation .

despite all this i dont believe in any after-life or any of that. i have no explanation for the story beyond that it is absolutely true, several different people who were there verified it to me later and there was no way i could have known some of those details.

15. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:

Here's a quick primer in AP. Sal just experienced an involuntary projection. Another common experience people have is sleep paralysis, which happens when you have trouble re-entering your physical body and temporarily get "stuck" while your body reintegrates. Basically what happens with AP (remote viewing is similar) is your energetic body begins to separate from your physical body. There's actually a number of increasingly subtle "bodies" that we all have and each one corresponds to a different level or dimension. It's kind of like those wooden Russian dolls where there's a big one, then a smaller one, and an even smaller one and so forth. But the most crude body we have is the physical, then the etheric, which is always connected to our physical body until we die, then the astral, then the mental, buddhic and so forth.

The etheric body exists in the etheric plane which is just an energetic copy of our physical world. That's what people report when they see themselves floating above the operating table (or sal floating above his bed) - he was out of body and floating in the etheric plane. You can visit any physical place on earth (or space) by learning how to astral project and exploring the etheric plane. It's the first stop when you project out of body, but usually you end up moving into the astral realm automatically after a certain amount of time, so staying in the etheric for long periods takes practice. The astral real is the next dimensional level up, and there's sub-levels within it. There's higher levels which are very much the way you'd think of heaven, and oppositely lower level which are very dark and resemble the lower realms of consciousness, much like hell. You end up projecting to the area which you're most naturally in tune with. But there's plenty of levels in between, most people don't naturally go to either extreme.

Anyone can learn to project - it's a little like trying to watch yourself fall asleep. I used to try to do this as a kid before I knew what projection was - you remain aware, but keep your mind peaceful and still. Just stare at the darkness behind your eyes, and after a few minutes go by you'll start to feel your body start to fall asleep. You'll feel "floaty", you might feel your arm or leg lift up even thought you know you're lying there still. Exiting is the hardest part because there's a lot of vibrational movement which can cause you to break focus, and it's easier for some than others. But this is the gateway to all ancient mystical knowledge, you can find out things that you'd never be able to see in normal life. This is also what Carl Jung based a great deal of his work on. Read up on it and see for yourself - the best sources I think are Robert Bruce (he wrote a great book called Astral Dynamics, it's the ultimate comprehensive book on AP) and Robert Monroe, who founded the Monroe Institute. He's the father of modern AP studies.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  16. SEGA

Reputations:
    wow i got goosebumps reading that!

Yeah exactly, i mean some people claim they see ghosts/figures and some don't see them at all. For you and your wife to both witness what you saw is hard to not believe.
    Interesting stuff :grad:

17. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    no offense this sounds like a temporal lobe seizure ,sometimes people can have minor seizures and not exactly know it because they arent tonic-clonic seizures (Where you are flapping around pissing yourself) but can cause weird feelings like floating or having a ecstatic/religeous experience. also deja vu, jasmie vu and certain kinds of manic or terrifying reactions can be caused by minor "events" or partial-complex seizure in the temporal lobe.

18. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    One day I thought I was visited by extra-terrestrials, but it was just a few buddies who'd come by with their Sirius Stilettos :rolleye:

19. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    According to my sources, the world will end on February 14, in the year 2016.

I received this information from an alien. I was at the Paramus Holiday Inn, I was having a drink in the bar when he approached me and started talking. Then he must have used some sort of ray or a mind control device because he made me follow him to his room and that's where he told me about the end of the world.

It may have been a room on the spacecraft made up to look like a room in the Holiday Inn. I can't be sure.

20. SEGA

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

That was Daft Punk :grad: