Anyone Hear Nick D on Boomer and Carton?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    They were asking him bout N & A (not by name) but said they knew they couldn't name the show so they called it that "other sports show." Nick was saying the show wouldn't allow him to integrate talk about sports with race or other social issues. I guess we mostly knew this but still, Artie can talk about sports and homosexuals every night, but if Nick wanted to integrate anything about society with sports (from the opposing point of view), they kick him off/buy him out.

Here's the link if anyone's interested/still visiting this forum

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03...-up-comedian-nick-dipaolo-stops-by-for-a-few/

They start talking about the show at about the 5:00 mark.

2. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I'll have to give this a listen! He was also on Opie and Anthony this morning and said he couldn't discuss it.

3. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That F'n Nick Dip. with his attitude, political views, etc.

That is why I loved him on N&A Show.

Good to hear the split with DirecTV was over content (i.e., Nick wanting to do more than talk just sports) and that Nick and Artie are on good terms personally.

Wow, what a great 1+ yr of Nick and Artie.

And here Nick was the one always "towing the line" on sports talk and hard breaks for the show.

Man I miss Nick.

Gunnar,
    Just Like people will miss old Gunnar soon.

4. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    By "integrate" i'm guessing he means "crowbar".

5. Brew

Brew Member

Reputations:
    Exactly.

Also, if he's saying they wouldn't let him do something HE wanted to do, and HE left, then there's no way DirecTV's payed him for the rest of his contract.

6. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    i just listened to the whole thing around the last two minutes (prob around 17:00 mark) Boomer and Carton asked Nick if he and Artie are on speaking terms and Nick says yes but it sounds like they might have had some problems too based on some of the follow-up comments.

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Contrasted with Artie seamlessly "integrating" an hour and a half of talk about gay NFL players into every single show. 30 seconds of criticism of Obama twice a week=unacceptable; 90 minutes of talk about the "gay Jackie Robinson" five shows a week=perfectly fine.

8. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Right On!

Nick is not into being the most likable person in the world. Just one of the funniest. Him and Artie together: GOLD.

Boy it was great hearing Nick again on the radio.

G.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  9. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Glad to hear they're still buds. TBH I was a little relieved to hear that. They were so good together.

10. Potamoose

Potamoose New Member

Reputations:
    I can see how someone could feel that the day is inundated with one kind of view - and they might feel urged to speak up, even in humor.
    I can also see how someone would hear any these comments and feel it was crowbar'd in. Does it stands out like a sore thumb because it didn't line up with the other 98% of the day?
    Iunno. Maybe I'm just old. : D

11. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    So all you Mult whining artie's on drugs mental patients where completely wrong about Artie using drugs...

Figures...

Fake cops who pretend to be internet tough guys aren't the most reliable of sorts...

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    OK to mix in politics as long as it is pro lefty.
    Early on during a N&A show some (lefty) guest on the phone made a crack about republicans.
    Nick took a jab at democrats. The guest was speechless. You would have thought Nick kicked his wife in the cunt.
    Leftys love to dish but can't take it.

The good news is now Artie stays awake during his show.
    The bad news is the fans fall asleep.
    Check out the VIEWS on his YouTube page......not good....:jj:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtieLangeShow/videos?view=0

13. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Bingo, that's why all these crybaby liberal fags here were happy Nick got the axe...these cunts don't like when conservatives throw shit back their way. Couldn't handle nick shitting on their precious liberal agenda.

14. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a liberal, and I love Nick, and miss him on the show...because he was funny.

15. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    I loved nick on the show but would cringe every time he went on a political diatribe. Sorry, but I didn't listen to this show to hear everything turned into politics. We get enough of that everywhere else. I just want FUNNY. There were times where he could have fun with it, and then there we times where he just got way too serious and the jokes stopped.

Still though, Nick would have some gem one liners every show that went unnoticed because of how fast the show moves. I wrote a lot of them down and wanted to call in and say it to him but he was gone already.