ANyone here get down with Binaural beats ?? What are your experiences??

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Super Mario, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Im going to do it in about ten minutes Ill tell you how it goes. Im deciding if I should do the one for energy or Lsd.......:bigthink:

[video=youtube;dX_xgkv9MT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_xgkv9MT8[/video]

2. Super Mario

Reputations:
    WARNING:
    -DO NOT listen to Binaural Beats while driving, operating equipment, or any other task that requires concentration.
    -DO NOT listen to Binaural Beats if you have experienced seizures in the past or have epilepsy.
    -Those with heart disorders or taking mood-altering pharmaceutical drugs should consult a doctor before trying.

How It Works

When two tones of specific frequencies are played through headphones, the brain can become confused and produce its own, imagined tone—a three-dimensional audio hallucination heard only within the head of the listener. The frequencies that produce this phenomenon are known as Binaural Beats.

What is happening is that the brain is not used to hearing frequencies in each ear so close together and with such intensity—these sounds do not occur in nature and so a mechanism in our brains has not evolved to understand them. Instead, the superior olivary nucleus, the area of the brain which controls aspects of three-dimensional sound perception, bridges the difference between the varying frequencies in Binaural Beats with a common "third tone" in an attempt to normalize this audio into something we can understand. What's weirder is that each person hears the "third tone" differently: People with Parkinson's disease can't hear it at all; women will hear different tones as they move through their menstrual cycle.

NOTE: Use headphones while listening.

Binaural beats affect our brainwaves directly and can alter moods, behavior, even consciousness. A binaureal beat is created by playing a different tone in each ear, and the interference pattern between the slightly differing frequencies creates the illusion of a beat. It's intended to be heard through headphones, so there's no cross-channel bleed across both ears.

3. Harry Gibbs

Harry Gibbs the boss of all men

Reputations:
    i have a binaural beats app on my phone and i got a tell you, it doesn't do shit. sory homey. i wanted it to be real.

4. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    wtf :jj:

5. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    White people wasting time. :secret:

6. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Don't believe the hype

7. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits

Reputations:
    sounds like a scam Mario

8. Super Mario

Reputations:
    I have just finished my first binarual beats sessions and I have Just got done talking to Telluh the Alien. I was one with the God and the GOdess and have seen the Alpha And OMega of life and the circle and the oneness. I will now use the whole universe to answer any question I ever have. Thank you Telluh.

9. Super Mario

Reputations:
  10. wicked smaaaht

wicked smaaaht New Member

Reputations:
    No idea what he's talking about. I'm happy about this

11. Super Mario

Reputations:
  12. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Oh, that's a nice headlock, sir. VIP

Reputations:
  13. Super Mario

Reputations:
  14. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Oh, that's a nice headlock, sir. VIP

Reputations:
    EMDR is also very trippy and sometimes after a session I would walk out of there going, "What the hell just happened?"

15. Chris

Chris New Member

Reputations:
    I do, I love them.

Even though I'm all Mac these days, most of my clients (I write software, mostly database and reporting stuff but some web and analytics) are on Windows. There is a GREAT program called Neuro Programmer (http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/index.php) that I use (and have for years) as well as a program to insert beats into music called Mind Stereo (http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/mindstereo/) that I love.

If you would like me to create some sample stuff for you to try out, just let me know via PM - I'd be happy to show you how the app works. It's a steal for the cost, as I've had to redownload over the years many times and they never give me any shit, I just reauthorize it FOR FREE.

Best regards
    Chris

16. Chris

Chris New Member

Reputations:
    There's a similar technique called EFT (emotional freedom technique) that seems to work for a large number of unrelated problems. If I had to guess, I'd say it works by distracting one's consciousness and limiting the ability to focus on problems.

You can learn everything you need to use EFT yourself for free and there are apps that also help with it. http://eft.mercola.com

Personally, these are all simplified rapid self-help techniques that come close to hypnosis and NLP - neither of which is really effective (to be done by yourself) when addressing significant conscious problems. However, if you want to learn more about these things, I highly recommend Dilts' Sleight of Mouth. It covers excellent ways of using your own self-talk to make life a little less stressful and more enjoyable.

Sorry if I'm covering other stuff already addressed in the thread, I'm just taking a micro break from working and didn't read everything :(

17. Chris

Chris New Member

Reputations:
    LOL LOL LOL

Agree COMPLETELY, except for this: whatever works is fine by me. Lots of people have transformative life experiences at a Tony Robbins (basically old school Bandler NLP) seminars. If it makes them happy, it's cool by me. I personally think there are less expensive ways to do it, but I have first hand experience and knowledge of others who have used various techniques like these (and things like binaural beats) to improve their lives. The biggest danger = paying money to scammers for "training" or "certification" - most of the knowledge you need can be read freely online or in low-cost books. If you want professional treatment using EMDR, EFT, NLP or hypnosis, make sure the person has years of training and experience plus a ton of references. Anyone good at these things will be happy to provide this information. The best in these fields started out with a background in psychology or medicine - there was a great NLP practitioner (who passed away) in Dallas that had a master's in social work and went back to med school

18. Super Mario

Reputations:
    I'm keeping an open mind to it. This is my second day doing it. My aunt and Uncle stopped smoking twenty years ago from hypnosis. I'll keep your guys updated I'm using the binaural beats therapy app