Anyone think Artie made up 95% of his drug use and was/is just a heavy alcoholic?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Apr 2, 2014.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;9XDwhfF05z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDwhfF05z4[/video]

@30:10-31:40- Artie says he ran out of heroin at midnight and fell asleep. Wakes up at 4:30 and runs around doing things and takes a Subutex before plane trip at about 5 O'Clock and then turns green and gets sick. Says it's within 3 hrs of his last hit. 12am-5am is five hours, not three.

[video=youtube;T6QL2M_dn50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6QL2M_dn50[/video]

@6:35-7:00-
    Artie says to Dr. Drew he did lines of heroin before plane trip and it was 4 hours after he took a Suboxone(before bed I guess) and tuned green and got sick. Total different story. I think he just drank like a fish and was sick as hell to get up and on plane.:dontknow:

He sounds very awake and clear minded in both YT videos, so its not like he's telling a story in a haze. One story he's saying he was doing heroin for two days and ran out at midnight and took a Subutex when he woke and got sick. The story now is he did heroin after waking up after taking Suboxone and got sick. Two totally different stories of what things he took first, time frames and even different drugs. They are not the same or used for the same thing. I think Artie has dabbled in prescription drugs and that's when he's was sleeping and rolling his eyes but I think 95% of the time he was just a massive alcoholic who called in sick and missed things with huge hangovers and sickness but it's cooler to be Belushi, Farley, etc to him so he makes up a lot of drug stories.

I could be totally wrong but hearing the new Dr. Drew interview just now, I was like wait that story is now totally different.:wtf: He's done this a lot.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  2. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Mmmmmmaybe? But explain the suicide attempt? Im an alcoholic and have no desire to kill myself.

3. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah but some alcoholics do get severe depression from knocking their serotonin and dopamine levels out of whack for so many years. They are so depleted from the abuse, that they are in full depression. That's the disease. It takes half the time you drank of soberness to get your levels back to before you drank. Drank heavy for 10 years. Takes 5 years of sobriety to regulate the levels back to before drinking, they say.

As I said, I might not be right at all but it seems so weird to always get huge details wrong and change a story that much. Even him saying he had to buy his friend all new teeth because his friend was a coke head and lost all his teeth. Smoking crack cocaine can knock out your teeth but from what I read, snorting cocaine does not make you lose all your teeth. Also the story of the woman shooting him up changes from YT videos I have watched. One story he told of a binge on the Stern Show totally changed in his book Crash and Burn. Too many things. Seems weird.:dontknow:

He also said he'd go to bed at like midnight a lot after doing heroin all night. How was he in heavy detox and vomiting after just 5 hours when he'd call in and leave an email? They say first heroin withdrawal symptons start at 6-12 hours. I say alcohol withdrawal and puking.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe he's just a fuck up.

5. JameGumb

Reputations:
    I agree. It could just be a bit. The stories did provide great Stern material and 2 books. I guess I just have a hard time giving baby gorilla that much credit.

6. Psyche

Psyche Freethinker

Reputations:
    Nah. He be a fiend. He's just a piss poor liar, so he fucks up his own "stories".

7. LaserT

Reputations:
    Probably right, Datch. Again, I was just shocked because I have heard that Saget roast story so many times on Youtube and it's always interesting and then to hear the recent interview and it totally changes from what drugs, time, prescriptions, etc. I was like what the.....

Oh well:dontknow:

8. JameGumb

Reputations:
    Well if youre right, and he compulsively lied, how the fuck can he ever be respected in any field again? To me, personally I think Arties a piece of shit as a human being already. If hes found out as a fraud and youre a fan of his/ friend of his youre a fucking sap.

9. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm not positive about anything Jame, just my thoughts. Who knows the real truth. But even him saying he had to drive to Delaware every day to get heroin because he didn't want to get it in NY or NJ because someone might notice him and he was too nervous. People in Delaware don't know Artie Lange or The Stern show or Mad TV? He couldn't find a quiet heroin dealer in NY or NJ with all his comedian connections? Did his friend Geraldo drive to Delaware everyday? He had to drive 2-3 hrs to Delaware and then back every day?? Are no NY comedians or stars using NY/NJ dealers? I think Artie has used coke and snorted heroin but has exaggerated the stories.

10. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hes an actor/comedian

He lies for a living, just like a junkie would.

11. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would believe it especially since he was the world's fattest heroin user.

12. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie exaggerates when he tells stories, but it makes him an entertaining story teller. Clearly, he's not going to be consistent each time he tells it, because he's adding things here and there differently each time (if you want to call it lying - i won't disagree, but i think it's for entertainment purposes).

13. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    No. He never sounded drunk to me on the air (not including Vegas shows of course).

14. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Artie was pretty good (for him) in that piece with Dr. Drew.

Sadly, he's still a mess.

15. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    I want to know where that supposed 911 call is, how come it was never released? These calls are usually put up practically the next day for entertainment.

16. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I grew up with a couple junkies. None of them were as fat as Artie. They all looked like walking skeletons during the peak of their drug use.

17. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    you cant consistently fake nodding off like that

18. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He might have embellished stories but I believe he was a heavy drug user.

19. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
  20. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Elvis, John Belushi, Chris Farley and Philip Seymour Hoffman weren't exactly svelte looking fellows.

This.