Amazon Prime

Anyone think the former N&A execs paid attention to the chatter here & fired R/Nick?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Salmo, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Salmo

Salmo Member

Reputations:
    Just wondering.

Anyone with half a brain and the slight ability to filter out extreme opinions would have caught on to a strong thread here. Ditch Nick or get his ass in line with Artie. Now he's gone.

-S

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At eBay
  3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Very possible, but we'll probably never know.

4. ltd86

ltd86 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Pretty sure Artie spelled out pretty clearly last night that it was b/c of Nick's politics.

5. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree with this. And that I really think Nick and Artie were not getting along behind the scenes and like I've said, it boiled over onto the show on the 12/21/12 show during the Bonnie Bernstein interview when they went to due the weekly football picks. I think it came to a point where the two of them could not work together anymore, and the higher-ups picked Artie over Nick due to more people just knowing who Artie is. The fact that Nick's politics were not what they show was about, and Nick wanted more if it was a factor too.

6. Salmo

Salmo Member

Reputations:
    My initial post was inarticulate as hell. What I had meant to say is do you think internet chatter (like here) contributed. Even if you are talking about the politics angle, that was mentioned here and elsewhere many many times.

Not for nothing, but the "politics thing" is quite a convenient blanket to toss on this mess. In my opinion, Nick had no clue how to milk anything that was moving the show in the right direction.

Art needs a good co-host. Night #2 guy is not that.

-S

7. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    There isn't a whole lot of traffic here. I bet Directv can give them the exact numbers and podcasts and streams can give mostly exact numbers (save the bone or other sites, but they could always call them too and get an exact number) of listeners/viewers of Artie/No Artie shows. Plus Dipaollo just sucks.

8. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The podcast thing is definitely more likely because of traffic, like you said, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep tabs on fan reaction. A lot of radio shows measure the number of phone calls as well, maybe no one wanted to talk to Rick?

9. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure they keep tabs on EVERYTHING. One of my friends used to have a job working for a company that would research consumer reaction on behalf of other companies. He got paid to listen to radio, watch TV, scour the internet... all to report on any mention of certain companies/products.

10. IllegalSearch

IllegalSearch Active Member

Reputations:
    Rick needs to hang w/Dennis Miller, Hannity, Malkin etc. and hope they use him to fill-in when they go on vacation. Rick carved his own niche with his regularly stated policital positions. Career suicide unless you're really, really good at it. Rick made his bed and he has to lie in it. Sadly for him, he's not strong enuff to to do RightWing commentary, he may be good with his standup act but that's very different than a radio or TV format that requires hosts to go back and forth. Why grieve for him? I just don't get it, for a middle of the road performance.

11. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    No, dipshit, it wasn't because of his politics......................it was, among a few other things, I'm sure, because of the way he presented them; cranky old man, rolling his eyes back into his head like a bitch, basically telling the audience what's wrong with America, etc.

Nobody wants to hear that shit on a comedy-sports radio show!

And nobody really cares if he's a republican; just don't cram it down the mic every 2 seconds, you jerk-off!

He had such an easy gig and he shot himself right in the cunt. There's your fuckin' answer: he shot himself in the cunt.

The funny thing is Nick probably thinks he's a smart guy, even though he was completely unable to figure shit out well enough to keep the job.

12. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's not like he was "Chris Rock in his prime"-funny.

But one thing I'm finding out about stupid is that it's un-figure-out-able.

Maybe to a dumb person Nick is great and awesome and hysterical. :dontknow:

13. shitba

shitba Active Member Gold VIP

Reputations:
    Understatement of the year. Nick FEELS his politics. Nick KNOWS nothing.

14. shitba

shitba Active Member Gold VIP

Reputations:
    Oh, that's signature-worthy.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  15. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    :D