Entertainment Anyone Watching 60 Days In?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by buried20kleague, Apr 1, 2016.

1. buried20kleague

buried20kleague Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    On A&E. It's fucking crazy.

They have a handful of regular people that come from different walks of life that go undercover as inmates in prison for 60 days and no one knows they're not really inmates. No guards even know. EVEN THE PARTICIPANTS DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER OR KNOW THEY'RE UNDERCOVER. Only the TV producers and one guy on the jail staff know.

They justify all the filming by saying they're making a documentary on first-timers... And since they interview a lot of the real inmates it doesn't raise suspicion.

The thought behind the show is that the new warden is trying to cut corruption and drug use in the jail, and the only way for him to really see how it's all happening is like this.

But it's crazy, seeing life inside a prison. It's incredible TV. People actually talk about the show in my office here, and that hasn't happened with a show for years.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/60-days-in

Gusbuss likes this.
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Lots of people are, yeah

3. minorsalazar

minorsalazar Active Member

Reputations:
    I know it isn't, but it seems fake......the dude who put the towel over the camera seems like an actor

SlowAdam and Droog like this.
  4. Ctanner

Ctanner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bailed after the first episode when they teased the fat bald dude getting punched. When they went back to it in episode 2 the guy totally whiffed on the punch.

So fake.

loogaroo and Droog like this.
  5. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Seems fake to me too. I mean, these guys know they're being filmed and are plotting illegal activities. Mostly white prisoners as well. Pods aren't for violent people. It seems to be somewhat embellished.

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  6. Droog

Reputations:
    Right. The dude had him right in his sights, charged at him and completely missed with that punch. Plus, these aren't lifers locked away for good. They're in a pod. Drunk drivers and drug offenders are what you find there. They aren't charging some doofus and getting more time tacked on for no good reason.

7. buried20kleague

Reputations:
    He's just nuts. Probably literally. In the promo for the next episode, he's ordered to go through a psych evaluation before going back into general population.

8. buried20kleague

Reputations:

I don't believe it's fake.

Don't forget, they said the camera system was brand new. It's quite possible they don't know audio is recorded too. Maybe it wasn't before. Or maybe the mics were placed by A&E and aren't even part of the prison's system.

9. Droog

Reputations:
    And each one needs to sign a release for A&E, right? Their faces aren't blurred.

10. Dismember

Dismember Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great show, that teacher guy is a fuckin mental case

11. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    I meant to DVR this. How many episodes am I behind on?

12. buried20kleague

Reputations:

Sure. It seems pretty reasonable to me that at the time of booking inmates would have to sign a release saying they will be filmed or recorded at any point while they're there.

Here's a quote from the EP:

"In addition to the 300 cameras, we had roughly 70 microphones. We could hear every conversation. We could hear every cell. ... You hear what you've never heard before."

13. buried20kleague

Reputations:
    5 I think. If you're anything like me, you'll be glued to the set.

14. buried20kleague

Reputations:

I just found this:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2924268/ro...riff-upset-this-wasnt-revealed-before-taping/

Apparently he was on a reality show once before and didn't reaveal that during the casting process of the show and the Sheriff was pissed.

Sounds like he was fucking crazy on that show too. It was a show about saving time... He combined all his meals into one and claimed to save 67 minutes a day doing it.

SlowAdam likes this.
  15. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    hard to keep track who knows which ones are undercover,guards processors,other fake inmates. I watched it a couple of times,somewhat interesting.

16. Droog

Reputations:
    Being filmed or recorded is one thing. That happens in every prison. The difference here is that this isn't just surveillance, it's a television show. They have to sign a contract with A&E. Richard and Sal can't even air their prank calls without permission. There's no way these guys would be signing up to have crimes they're committing in prison broadcast. That one dude getting upset because the one guy asks too many questions and has no tattoos....I just have a hard time with some of this. I've seen other shows that show inside of prisons and they show a much different story. They're in with the real criminals. These guys in pods wouldn't be acting the same as the more hardened among them. I just don't trust anything as "reality" anymore. Producers aren't waiting endlessly, hoping for for something to happen. They manufacture a lot of what goes on.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    kinda funny i had a similar idea for a show when the reality craze was in full swing in the late 90s early 00s. my idea was called cellmates. basically you put a white collar type guy in with an ex con in a cell, they cant get physical but barring that theres not many rules. the object is to get the other guy to leave the cell. whoever is last standing wins $

buried20kleague and Droog like this.
  18. buried20kleague

Reputations:
    I don't know that they'd need different permission to record for broadcast vs. security.

But if it IS fake... A LOT of mainstream outlets have picked it up and have reported it as real. USA Today, ABC, Bloomburg, etc...

I actually tried to google around for a bit to find anyone else questioning the inmates not being blurred out (because I had thought of that too) and for whatever reason , I couldn't find a single one. Not one news outlet or website or anything raised the question. That's part of what makes me think it might be a non-issue because it's covered on standard paperwork during booking. Who knows.

19. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Yeah Robert comes off as a real prick. Just because he's going in thinking its going to be like a country club for him cuz he will get 3 meals a day, get to watch tv and not have to work.

Its one thing when you know you will obey all the rules.

Its a whole nother thing when everyone else in the Pod decides not to and they just
    work you over just because they feel like it.

20. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
    season 2 started yesterday btw, whole new cast, alot of cop-type people

edit: zack's wife from last season is on, HUGE CANS