Anyone watching Olympic hockey?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Feb 13, 2014.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Just got back from the AHL All Star game in Newfoundland. Kicked ass over the Europeans 7-2. A friend on mine played in the game. Pain in the ass travel from there to Toronto and back here to NY, but a smooth ride even with weather.

Anyway anyone watching Olympic hockey at all? USA kicked butt. Saw Norway put a scare in Canada with them only winning 3-1. Didn't see game though. Anyone into the games coming up?

Shit thread. Going for two in a row but I haven't been on for 3 days, so I'm went through withdrawal and had to post. Missed you guys. :D

2. Mazley

Mazley Black Knight Banned User

Reputations:
    ya im worried about canada. The goalie situation is scares me. I feel USA sweden(sucks that zetterburg is out for em) and russia are all better.

3. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck yeah! Go USA! They are going to whoop them commie bastards on Saturday!

4. LaserT

Reputations:
    I'm watching the game now. DVR'd it. Canada might need some time to get rolling. They look horrible here in the 1st period. So many all stars on that team it might just be guys being lost with each others style. Once they get their rhythm, they'll be a machine. I'm looking for Sweden to end up in the finals. With that sneaky good team, I think they have a chance to win it all.

5. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I've been seeing them all day, and I just watched the U.S. game again a few minutes ago.

6. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have been watching all the games. IMO, it's awesome hockey! They don't have time to do a lot of coaching or team building, so it's sort of a bunch of highly skilled guys playing solo... and as such, the scores have been REALLY high in all the games, with lots of goals.

I am watching the DVR recording of Russia vs. Slovenia right now... just finished watching USA and Slovakia - awesome games, lots of action.

I think Russia might just win the whole thing - Ovechkin and Malkin are a couple of scoring powerhouses and they are running a train on the Slovenians so far.

it's almost certainly gonna come down to Canada vs. Russia. I hope Russia ass rapes them, if for no other reason than I want to see Don Cherry's head explode like a tomato with an M-80 inside.

7. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So awesome in HD.

8. LaserT

Reputations:
    What makes Olympic hockey great, at least for me is, the Olympic size rinks. It opens up the game for great open play and cuts down on a lot of puck scrums. Yeah, I can easily see Russian vs Canada final and the Don Cherry aspect would be great haha.

9. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
  10. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope Miller plays against Russia but that Pacioretty, Oshie, Stastny was the sleeper line,

I also really dig most of the uniforms this year all simple classic bold colors

11. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Missed them all today because of work, read about the games today. Will be watching tomorrow morning and as much as I can. Go USA.

12. Jon Mendelsohn

Jon Mendelsohn New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hockey to me is like NASCAR...it doesn't make sense until you see it live, and in that case both are fucking awesome. I still don't watch either on TV.

I guess if I was not from Fagifornia I might feel differently about both sports....

13. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    You know I am! The Kessels have been playing great! :yay:

I'm nervous about Sweden, tho. Hoping we only face them in the gold match. :chair:

Pretty confident that it'll CanAmerica vs the US in the women's final,tho.

14. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah as I was saying before, I have a strong feeling Sweden will be in the finals. Solid sneaky good team.

15. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm obviously pulling for Canada. I watched the game today and was a bit concerned by the end of the first. I think they'll be fine though.
    Win it for Don...the old boy's in his 80s now!

16. Toronto Tom

Toronto Tom Active Member

Reputations:

um, what about the women? :marx:

17. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I tried. All I do is yell at the screen.
    Fuckin' clear it! Pick up your man! Open your eyes! Put a little muscle into it!

18. LaserT

Reputations:
    Just watched the game after I DVR'd it. They looked horrible in the first but got their game and chemistry together and dominated Norway after that. Their goalie(Haugen) stood on his head playing great between the pipes. Only reason that game was not 10-1.

19. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup...pretty much this. Shots on goal were close to 2:1 if I remember right and Norway did everything they could (with fantastic goaltending).
    It's the only game I've had time to watch, but I see the US steamrolled Slovakia.

20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I watch the games live, it's great hockey. I'm going to DVR the semi final and gold medal games, so all my friends can watch that Sunday night. I don't know how we'll avoid finding out who won though :(
    I guess total media and internet blackout and don't talk to anyone.

Nothing can be a great as '80 though