Anyone watching "The Bridge"?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Snotty, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I used to live is South Tejas and visited El Paso a lot........The chick who plays the lead detective should get an Emmy or an Ace for her portrayal.....Her character has a syndrome that I used to know the name for where the person who has it has no empathy for others, Can't produce normal emotions and has no filter or awareness of awkward moments when speaking to others....
    It's on FX.....Check out the first episodes if you have ondemand.....It's pretty cool.......

2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    El Paso is creepy... Riding along the border fence looking into Mexico's slum is definitely an interesting experience.

3. Kanger

Kanger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. DoneWithStern

DoneWithStern Member

Reputations:
    I tried. Watched 3 episodes and never made it though any without dozing off and having to rewind.

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Asperger's syndrome is my guess. I've met a few people that have it and I tend to just think of them by the old fashioned term. Assholes.

I like "The Bridge" but am not blown away by it. A solid show for sure with great acting. Something about the plot lines is off for me though.

6. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I watch it and think it is pretty good. The way they have captured the border problems seems pretty accurate and I particularly like the aerial shots at night of the endless highways that end up at the bridge. As for Diane Kruger's character, yes she has Asperger's syndrome and does a fairly good portrayal of someone on the spectrum...and to call people with this disorder "assholes" shows a considerable lack of empathy on your part, Lemmy. I would imagine most of Silicon Valley is made up of Aspies...think about that the next time you use your smartphone or laptop.

7. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

FYI....the ACE Awards went away in 1998.

Goodbye..funny cable TV award.

8. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Because someone helped make my cellphone or laptop I should have empathy? Interesting.

I know several people diagnosed with Asperger's......and they are assholes that use their diagnosis as an excuse to say it's ok for them to be assholes. If I call them on their shitty behavior then I am an asshole because I don't have Asperger's? Fuck that. It's like saying it's ok for a serial killer to behave as they do because they are psychopaths. There is a "syndrome" for everything. And yes, I have a lack of empathy for assholes. :toptip:

9. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

I watch it and I enjoy it.
    I like the cast, some of the characters and parts of the story.

To me it is a pretty good show....but it is not a "great" show...and it is most certainly "watchable".
    It basically just started it's first season and it really hasn't fully developed and "expanded"...yet.

It hasn't been picked up for a second season yet...but it is said to be likely to get a renewal for at least one more season on FX.
    It's been said that the show will be different/tweaked for a second season....there will be more stand alone mystery type of
    episodes rather than one continuing serial killer storyline. (..we'll have to see how all of that goes.)

I am willing to overlook any of the faults in the show because of how much I like everything else in/about the show.
    There is room for growth and improvement in the show.
    ...and the murder mystery is a really strange and intriguing case that manages to blend in with the various border politics of that area and of our times.
    I want to see what some of those characters are really all about and where they are headed.

10. Nervous Mark

Nervous Mark Member

Reputations:
    I love this show, I think it is one of the top five currently on television. It is more about the atmosphere than the actual solving of the crime, so I can understand why people would lose patience with it, but it is a rare show that leaves you thinking about it after the episode has ended.

11. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Is that the one about a bridge?

12. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. FCCstandards

Reputations:
    I wonder what made him decide on a baseball hat that morning?

14. Chief Macho

Chief Macho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That analogy is fucking stupid. You're dumb as fuck.

15. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    He was a 'low key' hair fellow.

16. Snotty

Reputations:
    I believe your mixing up aspergers, And thank ya'll for the heads up, With this "Bi-Polar" Bullshit.....To me that's the bullshit go to excuse for bad behavior....And if I upset or "Offended" Anyone with that.... Piss-Off....

17. Snotty

Reputations:
    I had a chance to see that.....Passed on it......I'm the guy that can dive into an accident when someone needs real help, Staunch severe bleeding, Pull you from a burning car etc. It's automatic, Like a knee jerk thingy, But I look away from replays of anyone getting hurt or someone hurting/killing themselves......Weird huh?

18. Snotty

Reputations:
    As far as the chick with aspergers, I loved it when she was home and was walking through her apartment, She stops and touches her pelvis and gets this wistful look. The next scene, She's in a bar still in her sweats walks up to a dude and says "Wanna' have sex with me?" In that aspegers cut through the bullshit fashion, I peed a little LOL'ing at that.........

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  19. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    Everything about that movie was sad.

My morbid curiosity got the best of me. But yeah, if you are compelled to help somebody in danger, this movie would make you feel very powerless.

20. FCCstandards

Reputations:
    What's it called?