anyone watching the oil market collapse?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by playitagainfred, Nov 29, 2014.

1. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Senator Rick and babybear like this.
  2. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    it will mean the financial collapse of oil producing states, such as: Texas, OK, LA, consequently, rick perry's presidential campaign will be negatively affected...fracking will become unprofitable, off shore drilling will be curtailed, and the cost of living will go down for the average American, in short, it is some real Illuminati type shit...shalom

3. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's interesting to watch the global players play. The lefties would never have let bush get away with the relaxation on oil rules that they are letting Obama skate on. All thy clamoring against cracking during gwbs term and now silence... Not even silence: jubilation at a crashed oil market.

I'm happy to see middle easterners start to feel a pinch. They've been far too spoiled by our money for far too long. Sucks for the average joe middle easterner tho. Have to feel bad for those dudes as their monarchs start to buckle down

JameGumb likes this.
  4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Did you even read the article? Lol

5. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Truth is, the US only gets about 13% of its oil from the Middle East. What goes on there should not have that much bearing here.

[​IMG]

6. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Am I to understand that high gas prices had nothing to do with more people driving in China and India?

7. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah.
    but dont 'the righties' do the same thing in opposite.
    if ppl dont adhere to the left or right positions, then are the really lefties or righties.

ps: i think prices will go up early next year

fredrogers likes this.
  8. Estocada

Estocada Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The critical number, as I understand it is 70 dollars a barrel for fracked oil. As you reach that point, new fracking becomes very marginal. That will keep the price of oil in that range, I presume.

9. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so far oil prices going down has only been the stepping stone to going higher longer. Reps are gonna fuck themselves when drill baby drill is questioned with why is oil so high priced. I know, i listen to Hannity. lol

smichal likes this.
  10. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I was wondering why the local gas station owner was sobbing uncontrollably. thats a shame

smichal likes this.
  11. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If JR Ewing were alive, he'd have BD Calhoun blow up some arab oil fields.

12. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Or get a tanker from South America but sink the fucker and cash in for the insurance.

Loved that show.

smichal and HorsetoothBeth like this.
  13. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Can't wait until the oil money from Iraq comes our way. We were promised lower prices and have the invasion paid for with their oil.

14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my buddys dad owned a station. he only got a few cents a gallon, dont think it mattered price of oil.
    made the money on snacks/soda/cigs and repairs.
    he stopped selling it when they said hed have to(enviro regs) put in new tanks for the second time.

Woof and R.P. McMurphy like this.
  15. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Oil is only produced in scumbag areas populated by assholes. Fuck the Saudis, Iraqis, Russians, Canadians, North Dakotans. Texans, etc. They're animals anyway.

16. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Don't worry, the Feds are talking again about raising the federal gas tax! They need it for infastructure. :hilarious:

What happened to the trillion dollar stimulus bill, and the money that went to state's infastructure. It was wasted, it was used to fund everything BUT roads and highways.

My state already raised our gas tax, wtf are they doing with all the previous money, taxes, muni bonds, that where supposed to go to the roads.

There needs to be an audit on what happened to all this money.

Also, oil hit $66 this friday, and it's crushing Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. As far as fracking, from what i have read....the fracking being done on "private land" has a lot to do with what's going on (and OPEC's refusal to intervene) Fracking may be hurt, fracking is easy to ramp up, so let the price go up, and fracking will ramp up again........unless of course the EPA puts the a stop to it.

jake206 likes this.
  17. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    If you think oil prices will go back up soon jump on Transocean Ltd nyse symbol RIG. If you buy at friday's closing price it's paying a 14.25% dividend.

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  18. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I disagree it helps frackin and it helps the Canadian tar sands project to China that the republicans are trying to force down americans throats
    This does have to do with Russia though
    I find it interesting this is happening when Saudi Royal families are being seriuosly implicated in funding the 911 attacks, FOX is radio silent and focusing on Chinas prop to tell Americans education and intellectualism is evil.
    Whenever you hear FOx push against intellectuals that is straight Commie Chink BS, thats the first thing they did over there kill all the people with glasses.
    We dont get a lot of oil from ME but OPEC sets the price. (Oil is a controlled market)
    They lowered oil prices to get their guys in for the midterms and they need to get Putin inline, he was about to ink a huge deal for the Artic

Metalheavy19 likes this.
  19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...ive noticed more electric cars around my area. teslas, nissan leafs, and probably some i dont realize are electric like toyotas. i wouldnt know a toyota electric if it ran me over. but i have to wonder if lower prices on oil might be a way to slow down newer technology and interest in general. i watch diesel prices because theyve been around 4 a gallon here for the last 4 or 5 years now i see 3.50/3.55 if you drive to buy fuel. premium gas for the gas powered cars with a costco (no diesel) close by.

the report i heard on npr said its because we produce more of our own oil, they didnt mention how we're getting it. (fracing ?) they also mentioned oil rich venesuala (sp) is freaking out because its their govt main source of income.

20. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The Cold War is over, it was replaced with economic wars. Russia is on the verge of collapse which is why its trying to restart the Cold War.

wife is a whore likes this.