Entertainment Anything worse than Jiffy Lube?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ganggreen87, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For as much people complain about cable companies customer service being bad on here, man Jiffy Lube is a close close second in customer service.
    They fucking hound you about everything. Rust inside your bumber, your paint fading, bad radio, transmission, everything. Every time I go they say I need new air filters, every time. Then they ramble on about air safety and my kids etc etc.

I just want to get my oil changed and don't need to be hot boxed for 30 minutes by a junior high school dropout coming off a three day meth binge!

Man I've had it with those places.

2. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Valvoline ?

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i do my own oil changes and recycling.

4. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Seriously, these kinds of places are notorious for trying to get you to spend more money than you had planned to spend. It sucks, better to do it yourself if you can. They also ask you if you want the synthetic oil which is more money of course. I think I know if I want it or need it, ty. I hate the ones where you have to sit in your car, Id rather go sit inside where I dont have to witness the torture firsthand.

Vidiot and Ganggreen87 like this.
  5. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I've heard so many stories about those dumb fucking kids not tightening down the oil pan drain plug and people losing all of their oil and blowing the motor. I can't believe they are still in business.

Wesmantooth and lovetalkradio like this.
  6. Rod-Stroker

Rod-Stroker Streptococcus Gingivitis Halllllllllllllitosis

Reputations:
    Took me 15 min to change my oil... Okay 17 min W/ pouring used oil into Jerry can for recycling
    You can act like a man and change your own oil punk

Blackened, Lemmy, jrstinkfish and 3 others like this.
  7. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    They told me that a little rock chip in my windshield needed to be fixed because it was illegal to drive in ny without fixing it.
    I asked them to show me that law on the Internet. Of course, they backed off. They are a bunch of failed mechanics who make a commission selling other services.

GIRLY likes this.
  8. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Take it to the dealer or do it yourself.

But the quick oil change places by me don't hassle you

Zendriveseven and Ganggreen87 like this.
  9. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    My life is boring. That actually sounds like fun.

10. Gilbert's sweatpants

Gilbert's sweatpants Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Blow out your air filter with an air compressor.

11. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I go to a local , they are pretty good and same price as those chain dipshits

12. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Theyre shit.

When I had an Acura, they literally couldnt find the dipstick nor the oil filter...

Only reason I had someone else do that car was cause the filter was a pain to access.

Please, please, no please, pretty please, with very few exceptions, never go to the stealership.

GIRLY and blackcrystal61 like this.
  13. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    I went to local dealer, said its probably about time for a battery and serpentine belt along with my oil change. They called me 30 mins later, said oil was done and no other items needed after inspection.

Earned a customer for life. How easy would it have been to just replace those shits?

14. Zendriveseven

Zendriveseven VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I avoid those types of places like the plaque. All dishonest employees selling you shit you don't need. Better off going to Goodyear or doing it yourself.

15. FunnyFarm2

FunnyFarm2 voice of reason VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Don't ever fall for the Liffy Jube gimmick.

16. JeffsDrunkenLump

JeffsDrunkenLump Member

Reputations:
    Once I went to a Jiffy Lube, they drained the oil out of my F150, then said it was going to be $90 for a synthetic blend oil change and tire rotation.

I told them $90 for a simple oil change and tire rotation was highway robbery and asked how they got to $90 (Factory Spec was 5w-20 synthetic blend).

Synthetic Blend was $49.99 and only included 4 Qts. I had to pay $6.50 per Qt additional on top of the initial $50, and the tire rotation was $14.99. I told them no thanks and got back in my truck to leave... low and behold the asshole in the pit already drained all 7 quarts of existing oil out of my F150.

I was forced to pay the price of the oil change and told them to forget about the rotation. That was the first and last time I will ever visit an instant oil change place. I would have done it myself, but it was 5 degrees F outside that day, I was going on a roadtrip, and was pressed for time. I thought the instant oil change place wouldnt rip me off because its always busy, but boy was I wrong.

Rescued Owl likes this.
  17. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have an Audi. At my 25,000 mile service they tell me that I only have 3 mm left on my brake pads and I need new rotors. Get quoted $1200 to do front brakes and rotors. Yes-$1200. I take my car to a couple of local independent Audi mechanics, who tell me it can wait, and there is a sensor in the brake pads that will warn me when I have $1,000 miles left on my brake pads. I am at 40,000 miles and sensor has not gone off. When I went back for my 35,000 mile services, I told them they could skip the recommendation on the brake pads that I have not replaced since my last visit--Guy at the counter says "Its a safety issue." Yeah, for suckers.

babybear and SouthernListen like this.
  18. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah..they are rip off artists. But just tell them JUST an oil change

19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...if your car has been running on dino oil dont change it to synthetic. synthetic oil will find any possible place to leak, and it will, if your car has been running regular oil and has some miles on it. if you have a new or low mileage car its ok to switch to synthetic but stay with it. dont go back and forth.

20. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    Those places give away the oil change and make their money on the up selling. Tell them to pound sand. Forty five dollars to change a twelve dollar air filter? Yeah, go fuck yourself with that noise. I used to change my own oil, but not anymore. Cold, dirty, busted knuckle, what the fuck do I do with the waste oil? etc.. For twenty bucks, you're going to change my oil, rotate my tires, clean my windows AND vacuum my car? Heh, have at it.

Walk in..oil change... I'm not interested in any other service... let those up selling cunts take the loss. Stop being a push over.

Ganggreen87 likes this.