Apparently you can sue someone you met online for giving you herpes

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Shivvy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

http://www.peeperz.com/woman-sues-i...es-internet-dating-partner-over-std-wins-900k

What was at first an invention so shut in nerds could meet up without having to comb Sweet Tart dust out of their neck beards, online dating has grown into one of the premiere ways for like-minded people to find one another. When I say like-minded people, I mean horny people of the same income level who want to flirt, fuck, or otherwise spice up their love lives.

This is exactly what a dental hygienist from Beaverton Oregon had in mind. The 49-year-old woman used eHarmony to meet a 69-year-old retired dentist with whom she went on four dates with before have sex – clean, painful dentist on dentist sex. The woman claims that the man put a condom on initially, but removed it at the last second. Shortly after their one and only sexual encounter, the man admitted he had genital herpes – which the woman broke out with 11 days later.

Contracting the incurable disease and experiencing numerous outbreaks caused the woman to gain thirty pounds and was later diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Mad at the world and left with no further recourse, the woman sued the man for nearly a million dollars – and won!

It’s not a crime in Oregon to willing spread STDs, but that doesn’t mean jurors won’t find you to be a dick regardless. Jurors felt that the man had a responsibility to tell her, and since he both failed to inform her and purposefully removed the condom he should pay up.

The man’s attorney, Shawn Lillergran, argued that the sex was between two consenting adults and then attacked both the victim and the American judicial system. According to Lillergran:

“Grow up. Come on. You’re an adult. He’s an adult. They had sex…The point is she is not some little innocent victim…Go for a million — that’s plaintiff’s message…God bless America. Go for it. Gt some coffee to spill on me?â€

Classy!

2. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can i sue you for such a shitty post?

3. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    whats so shitty about it?

4. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations: