Apple admits to shipping a limited number of defective iPhones

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wonder if Howard got one.
    Apple released a statement to the New York Times this evening admitting that some units of its new iPhone 5S had a manufacturing issue that's causing reduced battery life.
    Here's the statement:
    We recently discovered a manufacturing issue affecting a very limited number of iPhone 5S devices that could cause the battery to take longer to charge or result in reduced battery life. We are reaching out to customers with affected phones and will provide them with a replacement phone.
    It's unclear how many iPhone 5S units are affected, but The New York Times speculates it's at least a few thousand based on the fact that Apple said it sold 9 million new iPhones the weekend the iPhone launched.

2. MONK

MONK The fuck? Staff Member Chimp In Charge

Reputations:
    So now what?

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    did you hear that dave grohl? like i give a shit!!

[​IMG]

4. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    they seem to be hiding the iphone 5 but have tons of iphone 4s
    sly fucks

5. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    still have the 4 :owned:

6. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Howard has his interns in line to buy the new iPad on Friday. More likely as Howard who claims he isn't paid by Apple will probably have three of them in his hands early Friday morning before the general public can get theirs.

7. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    The battery life is already pure shit. Who the fuck would know anyways?

8. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Apple suppresses information about how bad the battery life is in iPhones. In the real world it is much less than claimed. They are told at the store to tell the customer to reinstall the OS and start over. That's real easy once you have thousands of MP3's on your phone. As long as they have zealots like Stern saying how great their products are no matter how bad the battery it won't affect sales.

9. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Robin, everyone knows OS/2 is the future.

10. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but it would take 12 minutes to transfer your mp3s to a backup HD, assuming they aren't already somewhere else. Who keeps a thousand unique files only on their phones?

11. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    The iphone is so xavier.

12. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    If it was a Samsung product, the problem would be solved in just a few seconds. :coffee:

[​IMG]

13. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this isnt new..i'm verging into apple fanboy territory and love them, but it's really a result of their relationship with Foxconn and how Foxconn, chooses their sub-component suppliers

i remember when my wife got the iPhone 5 when it first came out..we ordered it from Verizon and it took 3 weeks to get it..when we did the headphone jack wouldnt work..went to the Verizon store and they didnt have any, said they would have to take her phone, not give her a replacement, and ship it back to Apple for replacement, which would take another 2 or 3 weeks, so they told me to go to the Apple store and get it replaced there...

I thought to myself there is no way the Apple store has any if Verizon doesnt, but I went..when I got there, the "genius" girl turns around and opens this drawer with what had to been at least 100 phones in it, all brand new, but in really slim boxes that didnt include any accessories like ear buds or chargers. She takes one out and did the phone swap..i asked her why they have those and she said there was an issue with the touchscreens on a lot of the phones that shipped out, so they had this huge batch of replacement phones for people that come in to complain..

14. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Once I put my ipod nano through the wash, I brought it to the apple store and played dumb on why it didnt work. they reached into that drawer and gave me a new one no questions asked :yes: