Amazon Prime

Apple Throws A Tantrum After Being Ordered To Tell Samsung Their HTC Secrets

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Herc, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    http://news.yahoo.com/apple-throws-tantrum-being-ordered-tell-samsung-htc-001121226.html

The legal war between Samsung and Apple is going really well and they're both behaving like civil, reasonable adults. Ha, no, not really. Apple just threw a tantrum because they were ordered to tell Samsung a bunch of secrets that could potentially help Samsung keep their products on the shelves.

On Thursday, a judge ordered Apple to hand over informationabout their patent deal with HTC to Samsung. Samsung wants to see the patent agreement between HTC and Apple because it could potentially help their defense in Apple's crusade to get most of Samsung's biggest products taken off store shelves. The Verge's Bryan Bishop explained it best:

If so, the company argues, Apple's request that infringing Samsung products be removed from the market falls apart, because Apple was happy to "forego exclusivity in exchange for money" — and in this instance, Apple is already receiving money in the form of a hefty $1.049 billion verdict.

So, most likely in response to that judge's ruling, Apple added a bunch of new products to thenever-ending list of Samsung things they want taken off store shelves for infringing on their patents. The new list includes the following:

• Samsung's Galaxy S III running the latest Android software (which recently passed the iPhone in global dominance)
    • Samsung's Galaxy Note 2
    • Samsung's Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wifi
    • Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    • Samsung's Rugby Pro
    • Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini
    This is just another chapter in the totally mature, totally civil legal battle between the two companies. It will get uglier before it's resolved, we can promise you that.

- - -

P.S. Fuck Apple and their no USB Port having products . . .
    :coffee:

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Sorry bro but fuck Samsung... they can't invent shit. They just copy. Fuck that korean copy shop. Wouldn't buy water from them if I was thirsty.

4. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Everyone copies from everybody. But that's besides the point. No USB Ports on Apple products is unforgivable . . .

5. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Fuck you, American swine! American dog. Fuck your mothers in the ass. Samsung good. You love Samsung. You love Samsung long time!

6. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Universal Serial Bus

What possible problem could they have with USB :rolleye2:

7. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Even if you were parched? :dontknow:

8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    There greedy bitches who don't want to play ball with the rest of the tech providers on the planet Earth. . .

9. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    My year-old Mac has 4 USB ports. However, I do agree that Apple is trying to stifle innovation by claiming they invented everything. I just prefer OS X, I don't give a shit about the company.

10. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    USB 3.0 = No They Don't . . . :nono:

- - -

P.S. They have their own version of USB ports on their products. But not standard USB Ports . . . :coffee:

11. Scott

Scott Nightwatchman Staff Member

Reputations:
    I thought this thread was going to be about Beth's cat.

12. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    I'm not getting what you're saying. My Mac has USB 2.0, and the latest Macs have USB 3.0. I'm looking at the specs page for the iMac on apple.com, and it says "Four USB 3 Ports." They are standard USB ports, you plug a USB device in, and it works if the proper driver is available. I have two external USB drives attached to mine, as well as a Logitech USB webcam for when I beat off for the ladies.

13. harlock

Reputations:
    The first time I picked up an Ipad I kept looking for the little door they HAD TO be behind. Couldn't believe it.

14. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    http://gigaom.com/apple/design-money-control-why-apple-went-with-lightning-over-micro-usb/

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=36499&page=2

"But if size is such an important concern, why did Apple come up with its own Lightning connector instead of using something small that almost everybody already has lying around, like micro-USB,which is already a standard in Europe? It’s very likely about money and control.

Though he admits it’s a “cynical view,” Wiens says a main benefit of going with a new connector like Lightning is Apple’s ability to charge “big bucks” to license the use of it to accessory and peripheral makers. He estimates through his talks with peripheral makers that Apple charges from $1 to $2 per device to make stuff compatible with the iPod, iPhone or iPad."

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  15. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    As an apple user I have to admit Windows 8 is looking pretty sweet. As a gamer I think I am going to switch to Microsoft when I am eligible for a upgrade on my cell plan. Thank god apple stuff has incredible resale value.

This will be my big splurge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  16. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Me too. Fuck that bougie cat.

17. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    :giggle:

18. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Shot Dead

Reputations:
    :D That mother effer probably eats better than I do.

19. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Me too . . . :(

20. harlock

Reputations:
    Cool looking computer. Is that Windows 8? I don't like the look of that. Can you use different views?

21. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That is the new Windows Surface Pro tablet computer. It will be the first tablet that runs a regular operating system. It will also accept Xbox controllers. Making it the ultimate portable gaming system. Add to that the XBox 720 is going to support blu ray. Its looking pretty rough for Sony in the next console generation.