News Apple to Feds ''FUCK YOU".... IPhones to be Made More Secure

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rupert Pupkin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    http://goo.gl/WSbvov

Apple Is Said to Be Trying to Make It Harder to Hack iPhones

By MATT APUZZO and KATIE BENNER FEB. 24, 2016

WASHINGTON — Apple engineers have begun developing new security measures that would make it impossible for the government to break into a locked iPhone using methods similar to those now at the center of a court fight in California, according to people close to the company and security experts.

If Apple succeeds in upgrading its security — and experts say it almost surely will — the company will create a significant technical challenge for law enforcement agencies, even if the Obama administration wins its fight over access to data stored on an iPhone used by one of the killers in last year’s San Bernardino, Calif., rampage. If the Federal Bureau of Investigation wanted to get into a phone in the future, it would need a new way to do so. That would most likely prompt a new cycle of court fights and, yet again, more technical fixes by Apple.

The only way out of this scenario, experts say, is for Congress to get involved. Federal wiretapping laws require traditional phone carriers to make their data accessible to law enforcement agencies. But tech companies like Apple and Google are not covered, and they have strongly resisted legislation that would place similar requirements on them.

“We are in for an arms race unless and until Congress decides to clarify who has what obligations in situations like this,” said Benjamin Wittes, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

Companies have always searched for software bugs and patched holes to keep their code secure from hackers. But since the revelations of government surveillance made by Edward J. Snowden, companies have been retooling their products to protect against government intrusion.

For Apple, security is also a global marketing strategy. New security measures would not only help the company in its fight with the government, but also reassure investors and customers.

“For all of those people who want to have a voice but they’re afraid, we are standing up, and we are standing up for our customers because protecting them we view as our job,” Apple’s chief executive, Timothy D. Cook, said on Wednesday in an interview with ABC News.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  3. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    iPhones don't kill people ...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    topcatclr and TheLACritic like this.
  4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The fucking feds can't be trusted with an encryption key...

5. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
  6. cd72

cd72 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

propagandhi likes this.
  7. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Ok, so why doesn't Apple do the data retrieval and just give the government the info and then relock the phone?

I'm not following this very closely, so this seems like common sense on first blush.

8. cd72

cd72 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

9. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Go Apple. Fight the good fight even if your reasons are not what you say they are. Not letting the Feds push you around is great. And making a very very secure smart phone is great for everyone! Sure assholes will use them for criminal activities but criminals also use cars, public buildings, etc. for all kinds of illegal shit. I love the fact that no one is pointing out that the Feds let the San Bernardino couple do what they did. They claim to be keeping us safe from assholes like that but in reality they are lazy and really are not doing anything proactive to protect citizens. Everything they do seems to be reactive and after the fact, so fuck them.

10. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  11. cd72

cd72 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You go with your bad self..when some fuckin terrorist blows up somethin you love you'll be changing your tune..douche..now go fuck your couch.

12. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Privacy and individual freedom far outweigh national security. I am sorry you don't see that. To have any chance of stopping acts of terror complete and total monitoring of all people at all times would need to happen. And if you are for that then get the fuck out of this country and go someplace like China or Russia or Iran. This is the United States of America, we have a constitution and rights as citizens. If you want to give up those rights then get the fuck out.

13. Winston Leg-Thigh

Winston Leg-Thigh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does anyone actually believe that the .gov doesn't have a hack into the iphone?

14. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    I believe a certain government already has and is laughing right now.

[​IMG]

GLguygardner and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  15. bdbx18

bdbx18 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't believe the government can't see the sweet nothings my wife texts me constantly.

16. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Federal gov can fuck off. The shooters are dead. Their coconspiritors scattered. Slippery slope.

GLguygardner likes this.
  17. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    If apple wants ti impress me they'll spend some time making them somewhat durable...
    Weak build, easily broken glass, sucky charging ports.
    Chinese shit.

reno and Droog like this.
  18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    dogg, apple is so fierce!

[​IMG]

19. cd72

cd72 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree with the last poster..they are doing it already and yes I do agree with you in a sense but we as in Americans are at war whether you believe it or not with people of Islam that want to kill you if you are against them. You can bury your head in the sand all you want. Do you have any other ideas on how to fight them besides letting the government do it with yours and millions of others tax dollars? I don't want government in my shit either but I don't want the place I love which happens to be the US to be blindsided and attacked by terrorist.

20. cd72

cd72 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You are 12 years old aren't you?

Big Lar likes this.