Apple vs. Samsung?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Aug 24, 2012.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    The big 2.5 billion dollar case result is about to be announced, who are you pulling for?

Personally, I have a Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note phone.

2. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Apple wins!!! Samsung will be forced to pull some models from American markets...

3. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    They were already forced to pull the Galaxy Tab 2 from California in the beginning of summer, not sure about the rest of the country.

4. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Apple tried to stop all the HTC One X's at the docks early this summer for patent violations.

I am pulling for Sammy on this one, crAPPLE has gotten as bad as Howard with all the "I" invented bullshit!

I hear that there is a huge lawsuit with Apple and Motorola/GOOGLE.....now that should be a good one! Have at'em GOOGLE!

5. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    The consumer....

wait... what... i already lost?

6. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    apple wins, consumers lose...wtf is that retard pi nate jerkin off for?:facepalm:

7. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    I hate apple and their proprietary bullshit, but i hate google and their big brother bullshit....

Its like Obama v Romney, its a douche vs a turd sandwich.

8. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    woohoo less competition amongst multi billion dollar corps...:rolleye: dumbass

9. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Apple. I like my electronics built by chinese slaves, not korean slaves.

10. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:

Competition is one thing (and good), stealing to compete is a completely different animal.

Having a court rule that Apple's technology was stolen leaves little room for Apple detractors to whine, but yet they still do. :scratch:

11. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    fuck apple, I have a samsung phone and I like it.....guess I am going to have to find a new phone maker....just not apple.....LOL!

12. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...lg makes a perfectly fine android phone. i have an ipod and an ipad and i like them both but apple could have avoided this if they would have manufactured at home finding these innovations on the assembly floor in america instead of a tech in china discovering improvements or how to avoid glitches. i hope its a lesson learned for greedy fucks. i dont begrudge anybody for being a success but if you make 628 billion dollars seems you could manufacturer at home.

13. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    if they tried to make it here nobody would be able to afford it. we cannot make that stuff (or anything) here anymore because we abandoned the manufacturing infrastructure 20+ years ago. china is a starving population willing to work at slave wages just to have a job, squeezed into little cities that now specialize in supporting each others' manufacturing needs much in the same way the departments of a corporation support the overall business. we simply cannot do that anymore.

14. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we need both!

without competition either company will mail it in

15. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    it is a shame really, we have an abandoned city (detroit) with empty buildings and houses, and if apple wasn't so profit hungry they could make a deal with the gov to move manufacturing here and pay people a minimal living wage and let them buy up those properties for pennies on the dollar to attempt to revitalize the area, hell we give away BILLIONS to foreign countries that don't even like us so why can't we just give a few dollars to our corporations to handcuff them into keeping the work here.....crazy idea but hell.....

16. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:

We are a nation of rap "culture" retards that can't feed themselves without government help because everyone is above working hard to earn a living.

17. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Honestly I think it could be done in this country. Go far enough south with the right government incentives and Apple willing to take a small hit on profit. I think all of those things combined and there could be a made in the USA sticker on apple products.

18. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

NO WAY!!!

Right now Obama has the country all fired up against profitable people/companies/corps......they are evil didn't you know that!!!

There is NO WAY a a UNION (heavy democrat) city like Detroit would allow such a deal WITHOUT some sort of Collective Bargining Agreement and union workers.

Haven't you seen the Obama ads....."the republicans want to give large corps TAX BREAKS! They want to help their rich friends and buddies....." Well Apple like other American companies are like ok...if you want to have the HIGHEST CORP TAX RATE in the industrial world here in America we will continue to build in China.

So Detroit and cities in the like will continue to be screwed......but hey Obama is sticking it to the large corps.

But why do I feel like the middle class is getting fucked the most.....:dontknow:

That AIDS ridden Steve Jobs did a great job convincing America to pay MORE for less, and (like Howard) Apple invented/patened everything.....even windows......coughXEROXIBMcough....

19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...it comes down to could you be just as happy and secure with 250 Billion over 658 Billion? thats a shit load of money to the point of ridic. jonas salk gave away the polio vaccination. i appreciate every thing steve jobs did but damn its approaching obsene to rake in like that. i dunno i think id be ok with 250 or 300 billion.

20. TeeDonkey

Reputations:

Great point......BUT

Remember recently what happened to Boeing. They wanted to expand manufacturing IN THE US.....but wanted to go to the corp friendly Southeast. Holy shit the Unions at Boeing were pissed! Obama came in and tried to put the kibash on the move.....it became a huge mess!!!!

Why would a company want to go thru all that!