Are Most of Howard's "Technical Difficulties" Due To Incompetent Staff?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Oct 4, 2012.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Today at noon when Back Office Radio was supposed to be on H101 there was 7 minutes of dead air followed by the same Club Glove ad played twice with more dead air mixed in. At 12:10 they switched back to This Date in Howard History for 10 minutes, then cut it off in the middle of a segment to play more ads. As of 12:24, they are back to TDIHH with a completely different segment. If you listen to Howard's channels (especially overnight and weekends) this type of stuff happens all the time although it rarely (if ever) occurs on other Sirius channels. They always blame it on "technical difficulties" but I have a feeling there's more to it than that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I blame technical difficulties on this. Have you ever gone on a long vaction and gone back to work and struggled to remember your voice mail password or computer login id? That is basically the Howard Stern Show. When you are only there 35% of the year you are going to have issues. With the budget they have those 2 channels should be a well oiled machine. Instead, what you hear is what you get. It will always be sloppy.

3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nobody cares any fucking more.

4. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Technically speaking, they are all morons.

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    No consequences for failure, no incentive to do better, they are like DMV workers at this point.

6. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You also can tell Tim's claim that he constantly monitors the channels is just another one of his lies. Many of the screw-ups go on for long periods without anyone noticing. I remember a time when 2 different shows were playing at the same time on one channel for over an hour. There's no excuse for that and it was clearly a staff error.

7. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I was out running errands at lunch and noticed the same thing - dead air. Tim is busy shitting

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Some people "get" leadership. Some are born leaders, other eventually learn the skills. Gary has a worker mentality. "That's not my fault" are usually the first words out of his mouth. A competent leader takes care of things, doesn't stop till things run right, constantly monitors things to make sure they're right, and double checks HIMSELF if he has an employee he can't trust 100%. Gary has been Peter Principled above his competence. Gary would probably be fine in Jason's job, but he is no Executive Producer. He was hired as a gopher, phone screener, and receptionist basically, received zero training since then, and has remained what he always was. Only the job titles changed.

9. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If "Turd Tossin" Tim takes a shit then everyone is to busy cleaning up the mess in the bathroom to worry about the mess on the air.

10. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    They constantly mock other radio shows/stations but can't even keep their two channels of primarily taped programming running smoothly. Swap shop, college stations and morning zoos in Iowa all have fewer glitches than their Manhattan corporate powerhouse.

11. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    all due to SHTICK

12. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Yup and yup. I've worked in corporate America my entire career (Yay), and I've worked at some pretty big companies. There are employees at these large corporations who work their way through the organization and become experts at Corporation X, rather than experts at Tax or Cost Accounting or whatever. Gary is a Howard Stern expert, but that won't allow him to transition to anything else.

13. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    there's the old saying "you get what you pay for", he pays them peanuts, what does he expect rocket scientist's???

14. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    "Technical Difficulties" are almost always due to incompetence. The biggest thing that pisses me off are so-called programmers or web-developers who blame fuckups on "bugs".
    There's no fucking BUGS, you wrote the SHIT WRONG!! :cuss:

15. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    yes and John Hein just cant seem to remember to turn that microphone on when he comes into the studio :facepalm:

16. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    I listen to lots of other programs on XM, none have the problems THSS do.

17. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nobody cares. Howard 100/101 (102) are controlled by Howard. He have 100% creative control. Its stated in his contract.

The "vacation" issue: All the staff are there every day. Its only Howard/Benjy/Gary/Fred/Robin that have the insane 134 workdays/year. But don't ask me what the other idiots on the show does the other time. 40% of your work week and your boss is home and they have essentially nothing to do.

18. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You pay peanuts you get...
    [​IMG]

19. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    He doesn't spend money on equipment repairs or tech staff. Since Sirius won't pay for it anymore since the lawsuit . . .

20. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    Peanuts, eh? You'd think he'd get paid in Bananas. :c