Are The Ratings For The Artie Show That Bad?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by KimChee, Mar 12, 2013.

1. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    WTF? I just checked to see what markets and stations are carrying the Artie Lange show and they are down to one station in Miami. All the other stations that were broadcasting the “Nick and Artie” show jumped ship.
    Are the ratings that bad? This can’t be a good sign for the show. It also looks like people have lost interest on all the blogs including this one as well. I hope Artie turns it around or it may be over.

2. JesseUzbekistan

JesseUzbekistan New Member

Reputations:
    Where'd you find a list?

I haven't seen one yet, except for a scanned copy of a handwritten list. I think last night's show (definitely no further back than Friday) mentioned a Las Vegas station, so I'd say it's probably not accurate.

That being said, when you consider that the show comes on at 7pm out west, it is a little surprising what they can do.

3. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Im sure there are lots of directv subscribers who watch it and dont come onto the forums to mention it so there are probably alot more listeners then we think. Ive been a fan of arties since his "dont make me break my foot off in yo ass" days on mad tv and on the stern show and I never even knew about nick and artie subsequently the artie lange show until it came onto my directv guide so hopefully there are alot more fans who watch on there as well.

4. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Gold

Reputations:
    There still on in Tampa Fl on The Bone

5. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I did find Miami and Tampa but that was it. They were on I think 10 or 12 stations at one point. I’ma big fan too and just want the show to do well so we can have it around for a while. It just kind of seems the show lost some steam. It was really at its best before they moved into the new studio. It just goes to prove that if throw a lot of money at something it does not necessarily make it better.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  6. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Gold

Reputations:
    I listen to a lot of shows on the Tampa station they are on and they always mention every one doing great in the ratings but they never mention Artie at all

7. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    I think Bubba said he's doing well there. It seems like DirecTV's priority is on the TV show and I get that, but I would've figured Artie would be on at least a few more markets and Premiere would be more successful in shopping the show around. I imagine some stations got scared off by the prospect of a show that relies solely on a guy with drug issues and other volatile behavior in the past. Also, sports radio is dominated by networks like Fox, ESPN, and now CBS. And now the show is less sports oriented so it's in an awkward place.

Maybe he can get on 590 The Man if he plays his cards right. :artiejj:

8. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    I almost wish they'd drop the radio all together since if they did that they could just make the show uncensored like it should of been from the beginning.

9. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I like that idea.

10. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I posted about this in a thread a few months back, but I think it's worth restating. Most of those N&A affiliates were independent, AM sports stations. Those are now a dying breed due to the competition from ESPN, Fox Sports and now CBS Sports. Beyond that, most of the N&A affilates (previously independent) were bought by CBS to add greater market exposure for their new national line up (which includes Ferrall as their competition for Artie). CBS had all but ceded AM radio to Fox and ESPN, but for whatever reason they've decided to dive back in and it's really easy to add affiliates when you just buy the station. So while maybe one or two stations dropped them over ratings or content, the majority became CBS radio affiliates (for instance, WTDY which I listened to them on). Here's one example of many - http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=38374

11. Markyjonz

Markyjonz Active Member

Reputations:
    I watch the show on Directv, but nobody I know cares or even knows who Artie Lange is. The fact is most people have no idea who he is. We know him from the Stern show. I bet people that don't listen to the Stern show have heard of Nick more than Artie..

12. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I like that idea too. They could still throw the podcast up on the site and still be on satellite.
    I guess they might do it if they get to a point where they're not getting much revenue from the regular radio stations.

I've never listened to the Stern show but I guess I knew Artie from tonight show appearances and movies and stand-up.
    I'd already seen Nick a lot more from Tough Crowd and other stuff.

13. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    I wonder how the ratings for the show are in my area, it doesnt fucking come on till 1 in the morning so I find it hard to believe that many people stay up that late to watch it. I was laughing because mike was saying something to artie about messing up a bit or something and said "soryy artie sorry artie" and artie said "mike dont worry about it the only people up watching the show right now are high and they dont care" right as Im packing up my bubbler haha. Little things like that always make me laugh on late night tv, they know their audience.

14. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    They should just make it a TV show only at this point.

15. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    yeah directv should put the whole tv show up online so it's streamable a lot of last nights show was up on youtube

16. Rawdog

Rawdog Member

Reputations:
    i wish it was live on directv every night of the week. 4 hour tape delay mon-thurs so they can play old episodes of Damages or whatever other garbage they play on Audience network kinda sucks

17. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Yeah aside from arties show audience is a fucking terrible channel. They keep beating their viewers over the head with previews for that stupid looking new mobster/cop show or whatever "rogue" and it looks so cliche'd and unoriginal and not worth the time. Then they play shit-coms like "less than kind" or bar none the most unfunny show Ive ever encountered that tries so fucking hard to be funny "call me fitz" good god that show sucks cock. Its 30 minutes of jason priestly screaming things like "cock gobbler" and "butt pirate" every week.

18. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Come on, what about that chick that drone's on about "keep the light's on" 900 times in her song.

Or that chick with a baseball cap that can kiss Gunnar's ass.

Joe Walsh, well that is talent.

G-Snipe,

19. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Aside from being an eyesore I agree joe walsh is talented, not really my genre of music but I can appreciate talent nonetheless. If I have to hear meiko sing 'leave the lights on" or that "real sweet song" again Im gonna go nuts, I cant stand her moaning like she's having sex with the microphone

20. Artie Laugh

Artie Laugh ****

Reputations:
    That is some big ass font.