Are you done with Howard's show yet?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DogStar69, Feb 4, 2012.

?

Are you done with Howard's show yet?

1. Done, I can't tolerate his voice.

88 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Still trying to hang in there.

64 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I still enjoy it sometimes.

31 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. I will always listen to him

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pole

2. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:
    Yes. Now listening to Nick & Artie show, audiobooks & music. I hung in about a year too long. For me it fell off a cliff after Artie left but I stuck it out until last summer.

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...im just waiting to see what he'll say next.

4. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Since Jan 2011. Best decision of my life. It was like those subliminal diet tapes people buy to lose weight while sleeping, only these tapes were promoting a pissy, endlessly whiny mental state.

Clearly the damage has been wrought in all of us, but I'd cease before it completely spins out of control.

5. DogStar69

Reputations:
    I can't take his voice and Robin's cackling and his product placements and his boring talk and his self promotion.

When Artie was still there I heard most of the show all the time.
    The first thing was missing an interview I thought might be interesting but I didn't really care to hear it which was Robert Downey Jr.
    Then I stopped listening to the news.
    Then I would listen to maybe the first hour
    Now I can't take more than 10 minutes and have not listened to the past 3 weeks.

I used to listen to the show because it was funny and interesting. It's not longer funny at all, nor interesting, it's just basically annoying.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  6. punkinpie

punkinpie New Member

Reputations:
    Pretty much. I turn it on a couple of times a week, then get all shitty :shmoop: because he's talking about AGT or Beth. It's even worse when he's talking to Beth or someone from AGT.

I've lost the ability to listen anyway. I've overlooked a lot of stuff for a long time and still tuned in. Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought that there was a slight chance that something interesting or funny would happen if I listened. Nope, nada...nothing funny or relevant to my world.

When he mentioned the Soul Train guy dying this week, my brain flipped a gasket, thinking "Wait! That just happened this morning. How can they be talking about it on the Stern Show?" Then I realized that it was a rare live day. I just expect it to be old news by the time they get to things.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

I still come on here to laugh about Beff threads though. Those keep me entertained.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  7. DogStar69

Reputations:
    To still listen to him you have to have something wrong with you, you have to be a dim witted mental defective like Bobo, or you like him like he was your friend and he made you semi known in the HS world like Maryann from Brooklyn.

8. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i used to listen to the whole show and the wus but i hardly ever make it thru a whole show anymore. i dont want to hear his fake biggest whore contests, no more breast exams, beth doesnt like it. best show for me last week was the miami steve van zant interview. sil fron the sopranos if you know him by that work. it was a good interview steve is a good dude.

9. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    too lazy to podcast and to d/l, i get the weekly free sub so I still hang in there....wish I knew if I could stream art's show on my phone though, not sure if it is possible, guess I could check LOL

10. punkinpie

punkinpie New Member

Reputations:
    Amen, brother! I am happier and less depressed without it.

11. McButterPants

McButterPants New Member

Reputations:
    For the most part, I rarely listen. At least not for more than a few minutes. The only thing that keeps me interested at all are the message boards.

I was listening the other day when Howard was talking about Gary the Retard and his birthday. Howard kept saying something along the lines of...
    "if we bring him in and do a bit with him aren't we just making fun of him, like we're smarter than a retard
    "
    That kind of attitude is killing the show. Who cares, it's funny to bring Gary in and tell him a hot chick is into him and then it's really a tranny that pulls his cocks out. But Howard has clearly evolved from that.

I was also watching a couple of Howard Tv episodes. Dave Nevaro and the Chelsea Handler interviews. I hung in there for a lot of it because I found them to be interesting people. I didn't even know who Chelsea Handler was...but the problem is there was no funny. Too much talk and not enough laughs, in fact almost no laughs. The show is just horribe anymore.

12. DogStar69

Reputations:
    I can't even do that. I can't even read Marks Friggen to see what happened.

It's sad what he has become, just a few years ago I used to tell people how great Sirius was and I used to defend Howard and his show.

13. DogStar69

Reputations:
    That's the problem, he built his career on 4th grade humor and being outrageous and now he is politically correct and just happy to be a multi millionaire.

Chelsea is kinda funny, but every time he has a comedian on he sucks the funny out of the room with stupid interviews instead of letting them be funny,

14. McButterPants

McButterPants New Member

Reputations:
    If he passes on the Gary the Retard stuff because he's afraid it's offensive, you can only image how much stuff he passes on. I guess guys like Rich and Sal have no input anymore in any kind of creative or wacky ideas. It is sad what the show has become..

I think Howard is clearly focusing on life after radio and trying to become safe and more likeable to a mainstream audience, so he is willing to whitewash his show for the next few years and just collect a paycheck.

15. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...americas got talent bro, cant be making fun of gary anymore.

16. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You need a pole option for the wanting to embarrass/fail angle. Morning listening thread... busting on his hypocrisy (as are most of the threads here) is a lot of fun...

somebody compared it to ranking on Magic or Chevy shows... and to me it's in the same vein... the show is a shell of itself and it's MST3K for long time fans that didn't evolve for the latest marble venture....

that said, AGT could be epic with material it will provide

17. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...howard has become da white mans arsineo hall.

18. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    With a few facial modifications... like the 6 Million Dollar Man... He thought he could rebuild himself

19. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    For me the show has been an Uber letdown since Sirius Day 1, especially after all the buildup. I hung in until they wanted extra money for online listening, and by that time the show was so shitty and depressing I just cancelled. Shortly later Artie was gone. And the show continues to spiral down...

20. Wonder Trash

Wonder Trash Active Member

Reputations:
    Done since late 2008.