Are you on welfare? Then I have an Iphone app for you!

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Feb 10, 2011.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Wait! If your on welfare how can you afford an iphone lol

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)(the new name for food stamps) announced the 1 millionth download of it's iPhone application: iSNAP. iSnap lets iPhone users apply for and use food stamps from their iPhone. iSNAP streamlines the application for food stamps from the traditional 15 page form to a single 15 screen iForm that can be filled out on the iPhone. Reviewers of the app testify to it's intuitiveness: "I was able to apply for food stamps while waiting in a long line at Starbucks."

The app also helps users select the types of foods to buy. Taken into any grocery store the app will show users what other iSNAP users bought so that they can buy the same items. "Now I don't have to wonder if I should buy wheat or white- iSNAP tells me other iSNAP users bought Hawaiian so I buy that too" writes one reviewer.

iSNAP's most popular feature remains it's budgeting feature. To encourage saving the app highlights items that can be cut from grocery lists without affecting the user's hip image. One reviewer wrote of the feature- "Before I had the iSnap I didn't realize how much money I was wasting on Fuji water- almost $80.00 a month! With the money I saved I'll be able to upgrade my 1 year old iPhone3 to an iPhone4!"

The app is sold on Apple's iStore for an iPrice of $15.00. A similar app is available for Android phones, but is not as popular. This is probably because the Android version can not run from a iPhone.

[​IMG]

The iPhone. Is there anything this phone can't do (besides make clear calls- that's because of AT&T) (also besides use free software, Chairman Jobs has already declared Free is Bad, Paid Good) (also last a day without a recharge- because what kind of tool isn't close to a computer at all times). Well it certainly can't help write good satire on a Saturday morning that's for sure...bleh.

2. lisaslisas

lisaslisas New Member

Reputations:
    The app is sold on Apple's iStore for an iPrice of $15.00. A similar app is available for Android phones, but is not as popular. This is probably because the Android version can not run from a iPhone.

:mad: Looks like Ramen for dinner. Again. :nocheer:

3. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    SO FACKING WRONG!!! Shouldn't e able to afford an iPhone™ or Starbuck's™!!! :pissed:

4. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Wen you see wicked people
    Tek Weh Yourself
    wen yu see nasty people
    Tek Weh Yourself
    from dem ah study evil
    Tek Weh Yourself

:ghp:

5. ohnoes

ohnoes New Member Banned User