Are you pro-life or pro choice?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by luvsimpsons, Oct 18, 2012.

1. luvsimpsons

luvsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Abortion seems to be a hot topic these days. Where do you stand on the issue? I'd like to know everybody's opinion. I know this topic can get heated so please, try and play nice :)

2. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    I'm "Pro-Crastinator" (or I would be if I didn't put off making a commitment)

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Choice, as long as taxpayers arent on the hook for it. on the hook....:haha:

4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Abortion should not be a political issue in this country. If you're opposed to abortion then don't have one, if you are in a situation where an abortion is the best option then it should be safe and legal. Most other Western countries have come to this conclusion years ago but we continue to have a pissing contest about it here when there are other more immediate issues that need to be addressed.

5. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Pro-choice.

6. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    I'm both. :grad:

For myself, I choose life. However, it's my personal choice and I don't try to force it on anyone else. So, I will always vote pro-choice and really do feel uncontrollable rage for those that can't accept that fact and feel they need to control other people's lives. Assholes.

7. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Choice. If you are pro life and dont have adopted kids, of foster kids, or dont contribute in someway to helping these unwanted children that you insist being brought into this world, you are the sleaziest kind of hypocrite.

8. cheezedbyfate

cheezedbyfate Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i want everyone aborted

9. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    why can't pro-abortion people call it pro-abortion?

Or pro-death?

Pro-"choice" :rolleye:

10. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm pro boobies :cheer:

11. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    So then if you're against genocide, yet do nothing to ease the killing in Darfur, you're a hypocrite as well? I'm very pro-choice, but I don't think it makes one a "hypocrite" to have a stance on an issue that they aren't actually trying to actively combat. I think rape is pretty fucking vile and evil, but I don't spend the night in the park making sure that no female jogger's get attacked.

12. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    What if you knocked up a girl, she wanted an abortion but you wanted to keep the child yourself. Could you sue her to have the kid and you keep it? Prevent her from having the abortion? I always wondered that

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  13. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Honestly, I'm conflicted.

I see the "value" in not having people/future criminals being brought into the world--I get it. I also have a weird problem with forcing people to go through something (child birth) that they simply don't wish to do.

On the other hand, I feel that it's a person, a kid, a baby, that you're killing--I don't buy the "it's just a mindless growth" argument--and if I saw someone beating an infant, I would intervene, so why shouldn't I feel the same way about someone killing a baby that just hasn't poked its head out yet?

I'm ok with the RU486 pill--stopping the cell from dividing or even dozens of cells doesn't sound/feel like murder to me; aborting a fetus at 6 months--after you've seen its face on a sonogram and felt its limbs move in the womb--seems like murder to me.

I try to rationalize it by saying, "I dont' care that they kill calves or chickens, because they're not intelligent", etc. and a bunch of cells isn't intelligent, and yet I have to acknowledge that "that mindless pile of cells WILL become a person", so I just get bogged down there.

For me, it comes down to "when"--at what point in the pregnancy are we aborting? And honestly, I don't know "when" it is ok and "when" it's not...

In the meantime, it doesn't affect me so I conveniently ignore it--along with hundreds of other issues that I should be more informed about.

14. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    ?

15. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, if my wife were to get pregnant I'm at the mercy to whatever decision she were to make, it's totally up to her and I'm 99.99% sure she would keep the baby.

That being said, I encourage all poor people and unfit parents to kill their babies because we already have enough unwanted kids leaching off society.

On the other hand I can understand how those who are personally firmly against abortions do not want their federal tax dollars being used to fund them. Particularly late term abortions which are gruesome.

Therefore my conclusion is that dispite what you hear from politicians (and delusional idiots/liars like Stern) abortions will always be legal in this country and if anything, they will only become more accessible in the future.

So I don't really give a shit and don't worry about if i'm pro life or pro choice. call me either one, i don't care

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Active Member

Reputations:
    As of right now, I don't want kids but it would be a very tough call because I do believe abortion is murder. I'm an atheist, so this is not a God thing, but I'm still against abortion in most cases. In cases of rape, incest, birth defects or retards, I'm for abortion. Also I don't think it should only be the woman's call because "it's her body". It takes two to tango, if the women wants to have the child and the father doesn't - he shouldn't have to pay child support, or if he does at least cut it drastically. And if the father does want the child but the woman doesn't, let him have the choice to gain full custody of it after the birth and he's the one responsible for supporting it - the mother doesn't need to give financial support. If the father wants the child but the woman has an abortion anyway, she should be charged with manslaughter.

17. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i respect both position.
    however, banning it would only ban it for poor people. that's the problem.

18. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    This will end in tears :bigcry:

19. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    I'm pro-abortion except for cases of rape and incest.

20. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    frankly, i'm more concerned with schmoopy being banned from the bar