Stern Show Artie Article-He Loves the Shore House Because of the Stone Pony

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Miss America, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seems like this article has been out there before, but it is dated yesterday.
    So if you love the shore and the Stone Pony Artie, why are you selling the house and everything in it? :dontknow:

Said he made $3 Million on Stern and last year he made $1.4 Million.:cwl:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...alks-drugs-suicide-springsteen-more/80283918/
    Artie Lange talks drugs, suicide, Springsteen & more
    [​IMG] Shari Puterman, sputerman@theadvertiser.com 7:18 p.m. CDT April 9, 2016
    [​IMG]
    (Photo: File photo)

Artie Lange has experienced it all — fame, fortune, drug addiction and two suicide attempts.

When you break it down, though, he's just a regular Italian guy from with a very colorful past — and a beautiful bayfront mansion.

Lange, who grew up in New Jersey before moving to Los Angeles, struck gold with a gig on "The Howard Stern Show" from 2001 to 2009 — but that's not how his story began.

"My dad became quadriplegic after a roof-climbing accident," he tells me. "We were on welfare. He died when I was 22, and we were looking at hard times. I was partying, working at the Port Authority in Newark as a longshoreman, but my dream was to do comedy."

His mother, who was working as a secretary, told him to take a chance.

"I told my mom, 'I am gonna roll the dice. Gimme four years, the time it would take to go to college.'

She was very supportive.

"Even though we're broke," she told her son, "we'll make it work. I don't want you to give up on your dream."

Three and a half years later, Lange was on MAD TV making $1 million a year, and he bought his mother a house in Roseland.

When Lange started on "Howard Stern," he bought a beautiful penthouse with the "best view in the world," he tells me, referring to the Empire State Building.

RELATED: See one of the country's most expensive mansions

"I bought it for $620,000 in summer 2001," Lange says. "I was making $3 million a year on 'Howard Stern,' and I paid off a 30-year mortgage in three years. I've lived with two different women there (separately) and I watched the Freedom Towers being built."

In 2007, Lange bought his Jersey Shore dream home for $2.5 million. It's currently on the market for $1.9 million.

[​IMG]
    Artie Lange's New Jersey home is listed for $1.9 million. (Photo: FILE PHOTO)

"I was looking down the Shore — I love the bay more than the ocean," Lange says. "It's so serene — Cattus Island is in the background. There's a huge dock, double lot, it was brand new. It's 7,000 square feet. It was just a dream place. There's a big beautiful pool, jacuzzi."

Lange had a man cave built for free by the people from "Man Caves" for an episode featuring the funnyman. He says this is his favorite room in the house — it's filled with career memorabilia and tons of New York Yankees and Giants fan gear.

Lange, who's a huge local sports fan, adds that he used to like New Jersey Gov. Christie, "but he's gonna have to win my trust back — plus he's a Cowboys fan."

There have been plenty of celebrity sightings inside and around his property. Lange threw a huge birthday bash for "Howard Stern" co-star Robin Quivers during which Howard himself was among the guests.

One of his neighbors is Piper Parabou, who starred in "Coyote Ugly" and worked with Lange on 2003's "Perfect Opposites."

What's his favorite part about having a place at the Shore?

"I love the Stone Pony," he tells me. "I know Bruce Springsteen personally. He called me when I was going through hard times and said, 'Take care of yourself.' He talked to me for an hour after I got out of rehab, and he helped save my life. He said, 'If you need anything, let me know.' He's just as cool as it gets."

[​IMG]
    Artie Lange says Springsteen helped save his life. (Photo: Danny Clinch)

The tough times Lange refers to are two suicide attempts and a heroin addiction.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself," he says. "My dad told me to take care of my mom. As an Italian man, I took it so seriously. I wish I was there emotionally."

I ask him about the growing heroin epidemic and his advice for people going through the struggle.

"As hard as it sounds, you absolutely have to hang with the right people," he says. "As an adult, there is no excuse for hanging out with the wrong people. If you concentrate on that, you will stay clean. It really is about the people you are with. I don't judge ... but it screws you up."

"My advice to the young people is watch the pills," Lange says. "If you take them and it feels good, really think about the consequences. You get dope sick, and you need something cheaper. It can get really awful, really quick. Let the good take over the bad. It's easier said than done."

I ask him how long he's been sober, and he tells me his last run has lasted more than eight months.

At the moment, Lange seems to be doing better than ever.

He does a podcast and "still makes, to the normal person, great money — last year I made $1.4 million."

[​IMG]
    Inside Lange's mansion. (Photo: FILE PHOTO)

Lange gets to dress how he wants — inside his closet, you'll find two suits: one for a funeral, one for a wedding, he says.

Lange counts his blessings every day.

"I'm very grateful for the life I have led."

2. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Go back to the docks. Take that old geezer Springsteen with ya.

3. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Jackie chair likes this.
  4. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    The shore house was a symbol of his success.

I love it!!!

5. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If Artie is doing better than ever, why is he having a public sale to cash in on the man cave stuff that he got for free?

6. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How were they destitute and he was a longshoreman? But yes you have to add his poor father's condition. Terribly worded article.
    And one thing Artie says he's Italian, but is he?

His dad was I think of Dutch descent and his last name is Lange, where is the Italian? Total pozer from day one?

marswillrule, Habsfan, Mugsy and 4 others like this.
  7. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the reason for all of Artie's angst is he wants to suck a cock. Like that scene in American beauty were the old angry marine kisses spacek. That's Artie. He doesn't need rehab he needs a cock

Turbongr likes this.
  8. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like his real estate agent pulled some strings to get this article written, giving his place an advantage on the market.

9. Winston Leg-Thigh

Winston Leg-Thigh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    IIRC it's been for sale for many, many years now.

John Mahlin likes this.
  10. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    "I know him personally"

Does anyone actually think Springsteen has spoken to Artie since the one time he called? If in fact it actually happened and its not just more of Arties bullshit.

11. Benjamen

Reputations:
    You're right, and that's terribly off-putting to buyers. But spring is the most popular time to buy a home, and Artie just had an estate sale. I think they're pulling out all the stops to clear this thing out, promote it, stage it and finally sell it.

12. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in New York or New Jersey, but I'll never understand the appeal of looking like a mobster. and I don't rewatch The Godfather and Goodfellas endlessly (they are great movies though). He looks like Double A in that photo, by the way.

13. Benjamen

Reputations:
    I'm sure that struck a chord with star struck house hunters. "Can you believe Artie was sitting right here when Bruce called to comfort him after his two suicide attempts?"

14. John Mahlin

John Mahlin These go to eleven Gold

Reputations:
    Fake, unfunny, untalented, wanna-be tough guy hack.

15. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Its all true

I made 1.4million last year, anyone want to buy my Thurman Munson poster?

16. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How many subs to his podcast does Artie have? Could he have 10,000?

17. Benjamen

Reputations:
    By the way, this reporter, Shari Puterman, is 100 times better at her job than Howard is. Howard only dreams of getting his guests to reveal every financial detail to him, and has to pry and pry and pry for the very brief glimpses he gets inside their change purses. Shari had Artie sharing everything short of his SSN.

18. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie was really funny on Howard at one point.

His stories were hilarious.

But as @SomerSky will attest to, his stand up does suck.

OV, SomerSky, Uncle Larry and 3 others like this.
  19. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Lange is a very Dutch name. One of my friends has that last name, actually.

Bye You! and tired like this.
  20. Benjamen

Reputations:
    I believe in Grandma Caprio. :grad: