Artie doing The Godfather

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dilkington, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    was on replay today - and while not particularly funny, it did remind me that I miss the ole fat junkie :artiejj:

Without him, there is ZERO-POINT-ZERO veritas in that fucking delusional studio. I soooo wish we could know just how Stern & Company handled the stabby-stab-stab situation.

On a related note, do you think George visted him? I like to think he did.

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie has mentioned just about everyone who visited him on his show, George has never been brought up. He has also said repeatedly that he found out who his real friends were after that incident, when he was in the psych ward and then rehab, so I'd wager against it. We do more or less know how they handled it, a massive cover up.

Artie attempted suicide after he found out his contract wasn't being renewed and Tim told him to leave halfway through the show because he was being placed on mandatory medical leave for the remainder of his final contract. Then, the stabby stabby. Then, Howie said "OH FUCK, I'm going to look terrible now" so he played it off as if Artie still had a chance of returning (blatant lie) and pretended to be supportive when really he just wanted to wash his hands of it. He did a good job though, a lot of people on this board still are under the impression Artie's time was up for certain only when the suicide attempt occured, when in fact it was already over and put him over the edge.

3. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Your father did business with Hyman Roth, your father respected Hyman Roth, but your father never trusted Hyman Roth!

4. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Hey Telly, I've heard this story before, the whole Artie was already leaving, etc.

Where did you get the info from because it's a newish (in the last month, I guess) story to me? Did Art say it on his show? Interview?

I've tried to find it, but no dice.

5. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Oh, and Artie is a fake Italian.

6. Dizzy

Dizzy Member

Reputations:
    Bob Levy have any info on this?

7. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I started a thread breaking it down based on Artie's comments on his own show and an article Liz Brown wrote. I actually have a podcast I want to transcribe and some other stuff to clear up, I'll bump it later. Here's Artie's quote really quickly, though:
    EDIT: Sorry for the formatting, I'm using Windows for work right now and opened a .odt converted to .doc in Word, which fucked up the spacing for some reason.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Really appreciate it, man. I have a buddy who is a Howard ass-kisser.

I'm trying to convert him.

9. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie loves meatballs

sing along everybody!

10. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I can't speak for Telegram, but I'm sure he's got a bigger inside scoop than me...but this version of the story seems to be the most sensible. They wanted Artie to leave the building mid-show on his last day, he refused to. He went home, went on a bigger bender and then the old stab-a-roo. The cover-up was brilliant though, you've got to admit on the show's behalf...and this is obviously a prime reason as to why Artie's next big book hasn't been released yet...

11. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Um, Sam, you know I live in the Artie forum but I missed that thread, and your theory's kind of new to me too. So are you saying his comments mean they fired him BEFORE that "last day" or after and BECAUSE of that last day?

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I guess it hinges on what "wanted to send me home" means; sent home for the day (my initial impression) or sent home you're fired (your apparent interpretation).

And iptude, are you saying the Caprios aren't Italians?

13. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Not fired, he was in contract negotiations that were stalled because Howard's deal wasn't done, and at some point (I'm not sure when exactly, I'm trying to pin that down) he knew he wasn't coming back for this current contract. But, he still had the month of December left on that deal, so when Tim came to him halfway into that final show and let him know SiriusXM was placing him on medical leave through the end of December (Howard only had about another week worth of shows til' Christmas break), it was obviously the last show.

14. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;vnwKYxieYhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwKYxieYhY[/video]

15. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    This is interesting. Artie made the show funny.

16. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    :winner: It's all there in comments Artie has made himself and in that Liz Brown article, though. I just want to track down and transcribe the rest of it, but it's hard because there is no Arties Friggin to reference.

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    He's part Italian and not a very strong one at that and it's pathetic. He goes around trying to do Godfather impressions, tried to talk like Sopranos guys, all that shit when Sal was a legit, pasta sauce in his veins, Ginzo fucking Dago-Wop.

Artie always seemed like an also-ran Italian.

His trying to really play up the Italian made it worse. Plus, I despise Artie as a person. His tough-guy act was a joke. His threats and shit? Fuck him.

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It doesn't excuse Howard's continued prickish disavowal of Artie's existence, but if your reading is correct, Sam, it certainly puts Sirius in a better light, in that they finally stopped the codependent tacit approval of Artie's behavior. I wonder how much DirecTV learned from that.

19. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Also, just to clarify, Liz Brown wrote a couple of articles about it. The first one that came out was really damning, then Artie made some official comments about it basically taking up for Tim and Howard, that first one is the one to read. I'll try and find it in a minute.

Artie on Fixing Joe is worth a listen, also: [video=youtube;z-x6mCgaX7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z-x6mCgaX7I[/video] [video=youtube;tUUsiOepo00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUsiOepo00[/video]

Part 2 isn't on Youtube, you should be able to find it on Joe's website though, or maybe I just didn't search well enough.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  20. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It's kind of all he's got, man. His father was half-Indian and didn't even tell Artie! He didn't know what his father's culture(s) were. Being Italian is the only definitive heritage he knows about, apparently. I too hated when crazy-high Artie let his ugly mean side out (Teddy attack), but that was and is rare. He's a great entertainer, which in the end is all I'm asking for.