Artie had me cracking up...

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Sickboy, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    On the podcast from the 14th, he was doing Frank Pantangeli quotes as Ed Torian.

2. !!!kaboom!!!

!!!kaboom!!! Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I just finished this one, too. I am falling behind. It was a relatively solid podcast overall, considering it was just him. More thoughts on Stern, too.

3. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His Ed Torian is great. Aww the days before Marci's stupid faux-religion and Kimmel's faggot parties

4. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    And it seemed to happen very naturally because Artie was quoting a line from GFII and then his Frank Pantangeli was very similar to his Ed Torian. It also was near the end of the show and then instead of shifting straight to the plugs, he went for about 5 minutes more.

The second to last episode before the break (182) was very good. The new guy that was in for the first half really jived well and was able to keep up and have some funny lines. Then, somehow, Artie got introspective. He started to treat the audience like a shrink, which is always interesting. I'm not sure he ever mentioned before that when his dad had his accident, it prompted a break in the family get-togethers. And Roeper was excellent as always.

Sickboy likes this.
  5. FATS NAVARRO

FATS NAVARRO Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie is the 21st century Jonathan Winters!!

6. Precious

Precious Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Artie is the 21st century Fatty Arbuckle.

The Nothing 19 likes this.
  7. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a young Artie

The Nothing 19 likes this.
  8. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wowww

9. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    Did anyone catch Artie's Santa Claus story at the tail end of the ep. 251? He discussed how he was dressed in the Santa Claus costume one Christmas and accidentally left some blow in the pocket of the costume. There didn't seem to be a reaction from Dan and Joe Matarese, as if they weren't going for the story.

10. Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden Active Member

Reputations:
    He told that story on the Antony Cumia show this week, and I thought it reeked of bullshit! He claimed he quit the job but, remembered that he had left coke in he pocket. As a result, he had to beg for his job back, and the employer reluctantly gave in. The next day, he went to work, got the coke out of the pocket, and climbed out the bathroom window, never to see the owner again. As is usually the case with Artie, it sounded like he was making up details as he went along...I think he does it when he isn't getting a big enough reaction, so he keeps making the story more and more outrageous. I actually felt bad for him. What version did you hear?