Artie-"Howard Stern tried to save me"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by illini fan, Feb 25, 2012.

1. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Lange opened up about his relationship with Stern during this week's 'Hot Clicks Podcast' with Sports Illustrated's Jimmy Traina. Lange spoke about the months leading up to his violent suicide attempt in January 2010, how Howard Stern tried to get him help, and what his relationship with the King of All Media is like now:

“My relationship with him, first of all, is good. Very good. The last time we spoke was months and months ago, but he’s always, like, concerned and then happy that I’m doing OK—happy I’m alive. But, you know, when something happens traumatic on a show that you host or produce or whatever, it’s really something you gotta step back and go: ‘OK, what’s right and what’s wrong here?’ And then genuinely were concerned for me there. And that’s what a lot of people never saw. It was behind the scenes. Howard spent a lot of time finding me a shrink that he thought was good—through his own shrink…He told me a bunch of times: ‘Look, you can have time off to go to rehab. It’s fine. You’re not going to lose your job.’ And he gave me some time off several times and I left rehab early and didn’t do it the right way and came back, and what happened, happened. So now, they’re like: ‘OK, we’re glad you’re doing OK, and we’d love to have you on but we want to make sure it’s nothing that could hurt your comeback and your health.”

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/artie-lange-howard-stern-tried-to-save-me

http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/hot-clicks/audio/2012/02/22/022212.traina_artie_nick.mp3

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did he accept Howard Stern as his personal savior ?

3. Lex351

Lex351 Member

Reputations:
  4. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    I hope he goes on the show and they talk about AGT.:pray:

5. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So he tried to get Artie help, while at the same time using Artie's issues for on air fodder? I'm also curious why it could take up to nine more months to have Artie appear on the show. I'm guessing he could call in next week if it would be allowed. Liz Brown is also a huge ass-kisser, same person who wrote the article about all of Howard's hilarious lines from the first AGT taping.

6. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The haven't spoken in months?? I thought they were "bros"?

7. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think Artie realizes there isn't much upside to calling out Howard, so he takes the diplomatic approach. Hopefully Artie can book himself as a guest on the HSS sometime in 2012, assuming they can fit him in to a jam packed schedule of promotion of AGT, other NBC shows and new friends that attended the latest Kimmel party.

I still can't see why the HSS claims they can't book Artie as a guest out of concern for his health, as he's already doing his own radio show and has been a guest on numerous TV and radio programs.

8. Yellowfever

Yellowfever New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    "Howard spent a lot of time finding me a shrink that he thought was good—through his own shrink…"

:facepalm:

9. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    total bullshit

10. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why would Howard try to get Artie help when he never even suspected that Artie was abusing drugs ? Howard thought Artie just needed a nap....right?

11. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

great point

12. Asshley

Asshley New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Was this crap that on the show already? Howard getting him a shrink that he went only once and all that shit.
    No new information.

13. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's called "NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT".

Actually, you know they both feel guilty about what happened. In the SI interview recently, Artie said when his book comes out he might get on the show, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm now past my third January Stern-free and don't miss it too much. The NWA show has got way more laughs and low-rent charm about it.

14. sfsn kali

sfsn kali Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    oh, come on.....I'll be the first person to admit that I've never used drugs and have no real idea how to "tell" when anyone is using. I mean Exactly.

I can tell if someone is acting oddly, but that's about it. Just hearing Artie on the radio I could tell he was in pain. Read his book. It explains it.
    Plus, Artie clearly has an eating issue. He told many many stories about his gambling problem. Sometimes he would get VERy angry and throw things at people. That's enough to tell anyone who isn't blind that Artie needs help.

You don't have to even know about the drugs - except that Artie had tons of stories about THAT too.

If I was there I would have been telling him to go to professionals and get help.

15. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Artie is being diplomatic, for months Howchie made a bit out of him being fucked up. And he wants nothing to do with him now because he knows what he did...

16. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    Thanks for passing this along...A terrific interview...
    Just glad Artie sounds happy and healthy...That's all any fan could want...

17. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    What happened? I was doodling...

18. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    art just has an undying affection for the old cuckold, he is just being PC in his reflections of the past.....good for art taking the high road, you know he could bury the old jew if he wanted to.....

19. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    I'm guessing Eazy-E is not involved?

20. LisaGsDentures

LisaGsDentures Active Member

Reputations:
    Well 5 seconds is alot of time right?