Artie Lange & Craig Carton pilot

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Avery, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Just heard Carton on Boomer & Carton say he was approached to do a late night tv show with Artie Lange.

Said Artie will be on their show to talk about it next week.

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    But, but, but Ritchie's so great with Artie!

Did they say what day he'd be on?

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    "A" late night TV show or "the" late night TV show? Is there another contract in the works for an entirely different network?

Apparently still gonna be sports either way though, which sucks for me.

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Wonder if it'd be just for NY market

5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    What was the deal with Artie's nose...

[​IMG]

6. Avery

Reputations:
    Didn't say, just that it's next week. I'll bump if i hear him say when.
    The Boomer & Carton radio show is on cbs sports network. I'd imagine it would be on there. But he didn't say who was involved.

I don't think it'll all be all sports by the sound of it.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    What I was implying was that, either way, it would have to mean the end of The Artie Lange Show as currently known. He of course ALREADY HAS a "late night TV show", more or less live, 5 days a week.

So either Carton would replace Ritchie on the current TALS, or TALS goes away / moves to CBS. Or Artie works two different shows on tape delay, and we know THAT's not going to happen.

8. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh great, another corporate run show with network fags in charge. Artie's brand of humor is pretty much dead at this point, replaced by politically correct BS. Fucking sad. And it's looking like it ain't coming back unless he can get a show where he calls the shots, but there's no marbles there so..

Kind of weird that they went public with this before he announced whether or not he was re-signing with DTV. Bargaining chip perhaps?

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Any clips or transcripts or statements about this? It would be a shame to get worked up over nothing, or misinterpret it. Maybe one of you twatsters can use your Twitter Account on Twitter to inquire with the various people involved?

(Just don't make me listen to another long sports show to find out. I can barely tolerate Artie's.)

10. Avery

Reputations:
    the cbs sports site doesn't have the whole show up, otherwise i'd find it. they only have a few segments you can listen to.

he kind of just threw it out there. carton did say he would never leave the boomer & carton show, so i'm guessing they'd tape it in the afternoon or something.

can't picture him doing a 10pm show for an hour live and then doing a 6am radio show the next day.

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Art is such a comic at heart that 2 radio/tv shows would absolutely kill his creativity. His one show is sapping so much from him already it would probably lead to his actual death.

I really felt Art would stop doing a show like ALS after his contract expires for a very long time just because it seems like he's not happy with it. Although he reflects fondly on the money he made during Norm, I don't think he has it in him to write, produce and perform on another show with backing by a real network. Carton seems like the kind of guy who would demand a lot of input and time from Artie. Art isn't willing to do any work for ALS, except for the 3 hours he's there and we've all seen the shows where he just goes through the motions, not to mention the shows that he randomly calls in sick to.

All that being said, Carton would make a much better host than Jon Ritchie Incongruent.

But do you know what being on CBS Radio will get? Brian Jones as a regular guest, which would only be a positive thing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014