@@@ Artie Lange on Breur @@@

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shvoogie Button, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button Member

Reputations:
    Artie said he spoke with Gary and they MIGHT have him on in November to promote his new book... which is tentatively called Crash and Burn.

2. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Sounds like they are stringing him along. Why let him in now when they kept refusing before?

3. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    I just listened to this. He's still kissing howards ass (for some reason). I'm guessing it's because the howchie seal of approval could sell a lot of books. It sounded like he was getting choked up talking about the call Breuer gave Artie while he was still in the hospital.

4. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I still can't believe Gary had the nerve to write a chapter in his book about Artie in Afghanistan. But I guess that's to be expected from someone willing to throw their mentally ill mother under the bus in order to sell books.

5. Wigless

Wigless Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie should ask Howard to write the forward to his new book.

6. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    That would simply consist of a paragraph of complaining attached to a picture of his wife (that he took and photoshopped).

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Active Member

Reputations:
    Gary " we decided not to have Artie in"
    Howard "uhhm yeah, I talked to Artie, anything else Robin . . . . "

8. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    JimBreuer
    Tomorrow the Artie Lange interview will be posted for everyone to listen to

9. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At this point Artie should just walk away. I hate to think of him continually asking (or worse begging) to be on the show. If he's healthy enough to co-host his own radio show, he could have been on THSS by now.

10. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    It appears Howard is furious at him (with good reason), is glad to have him off the show, and is fearful of having him return for any reason. A burned bridge, as it were. (That Artie single handedly kept the show afloat for 10 years doesn't seem to matter.)

11. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, me too. If he was Jackie, completely desperate and unemployed and friendless, I could understand. But Artie has a great new gig, and he's funnier than ever. It would be a huge step back and down to go on the Stern show.

And Howard would try to passive-aggressively mind-fuck him all the way throughout the appearance.......................he'd say stuff like he heard that Artie's radio show wasn't going well, or he'd focus on Artie's break-up with that hot chick, or he'd use that special brand of psychoanalysis on Artie, or all of the above.

Why would Artie agree to go through any of that?!?

I just hope that if Artie does go on the show, he keeps a "geeky pelican" or two up his sleeve should Howard get too obnoxious.

12. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    I can only imagine how hard it was for Artie to sit and watch Howard push Yoko onto a public that didn't want her, and to watch Howard to turn into Hamptons Howie, all the while not being able to say a negative word about it. The dude worshipped Howard and that show, and had to sit quietly while both turned into something unrecognizable to a longtime fan. It's no wonder the job meant nothing to him the last few years there. It sure as hell didn't help the misery he felt that led him back to heroin.

13. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At this point, an argument could be made that the Nick and Artie show has more widespread exposure than the stern show

14. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:

Holy shit -- you've just made a semi-credible argument that Beth Ostrosky Stern is responsible for Artie Lange's drug overdosing and suicide attempt!

15. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i hope

16. twitchz28

twitchz28 Member

Reputations:
    I would love to see Artie actually get on then completely just go off on Howard, expose everything he possibly could then tell Howard to go fuck himself and walk off. Would be the best radio ever, but will never happen

17. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really think Jason has it in him to pull this off. Jason is only about 2 yrs older then me and we both became fans of Stern about the same time and have basically the same sense of humor. Therefore I can be pretty sure of what, under truth serum, he really thinks of the evolved show, the hollywood suckup sessions, reconcilliations, and agt.

Robin could let Howard have it better than anyone there so she is another option.

Fred could really give it to Howard also, but unlike the other 2, I'm sure Fred will just bite his tongue until the end

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012