Artie Lange Show failure to follow through on bits..

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by jaceson, Mar 16, 2014.

1. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    I just got to be thinking on all the bits and things they were going to do and then just never even mentioned again or mentioned but still didn't give a shit to follow through.. Here are a few off of the top of my head..

Mike was supposed to dress as a hooker for some lost bet..
    Fathers Day weekend at the Bunny Ranch for a deserving father..
    Mike and Artie 40 yard dash times..
    Fallato was supposed to do the show in just either a speedo or bike shorts..
    Getting Liz and Marie's supposedly crazy mother on the phone..

Any I'm missing?

2. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably nixed by management--major health risk.

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Their... star... is... a....150 pound overweight... diabetic... repeat suicidal... coke addict ... heroin junkie...

Insurance considerations are long out the window.
    :)

4. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back when they were in the old studio N&A would talk about all the great things that they would do when they got to the new studio. Hot broads, comedy bits, have Nick cook in the kitchen, etc. Instead, they chose the shitty Tonight Show format. :nocheer: Would it kill them to devote a segment or two to comedy bits instead of all these boring guests?

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm: 4/18/12- Bit where Artie interviews people in Jersey about Dick Clark's death. Several shows earlier, Artie interviews and tries out show bumpers with Yankee fans on Opening Day. Present day- Artie is a lazy guttersnipe

6. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    lol the good ol days. Artie calling everyone guttersnipes.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    This is the thanks he gets for the Dierdorf bit. Us noticing just how rare it is.

Yup for a while he used to come into the studio with surprises. Now it's a surprise when he comes into the studio.

8. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't get why he never gives Dan any shit any more. That was the best thing on the show. He rarely even busts out the Dan voice now. Maybe because it was always a joke involving Dan being a homo and he's "evolved" now. Dan will say some things where he's just asking to get annihilated and Artie doesn't take the bait. The gay bait.

9. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    I think it has a lot to do with ever since Nick left show prep was on Artie. Now I think it shifted to Dan so Artie basically is getting paid for nothing. If Artie busts on Dan I bet he plays the guilt card about he does everything for the show and if he leaves Artie is screwed..

I still get annoyed when they pump a bit up and....zilch. I know it's sad but I was actually looking forward too Artie and Mike racing. I don't think it's an insurance thing otherwise they would have Mike in a Hannibal Lecter style mask for fear of his teeth flying out and maiming a guest...

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    You're right, and that's perhaps the first time I can agree that the "PC" Artie is going too far and crippling the comedy. But maybe Fellatio's just thin skinned. A caller did bring back "Felato Gelato" brieflly, which was fun. And I think he still does the Chelsea gym thing sometimes.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I think a lot of it is the PC stuff. They used to regularly call Falato gay and that would in no way fly on today's show.

However, I think a lot of it is the fact that Dan is basically the last normal person left who is a part of the show. Nick used to be the normal, functioning adult that Artie could riff on Dan with. Who is he supposed to make fun of him with now? Ritchie? Bocchetti? The twins?

Also, Dan is no longer the easiest target in the room anymore. He has graduated to being the most normal guy in the room now that Nick's gone and all of these freaks and retards have taken hold of the show. Falato's cool by comparison now

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    What ever happened to all the bits they were going to do at Mike's house? Something with him and Brock, or an All In The Family reality show thing? I forget the exact concepts.

[​IMG]

13. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    They're BFFs now.

14. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    That IS sad. :(

But what about all the tech staff? I honestly can't tell them apart in the audio, but some of them seem relatively normal. All I remember from photos is that Shane seemed incredibly douchey looking.

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Shane does seem incredibly douchey
    Falato is Falato
    The only other person is James, the one that plays all the sound drops. He seems fairly normal and maybe even mildly funny so of course he's completely ignored

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Oh, no kidding, I thought someone said that was Dan doing the drops. James is GOOD, like golden age Fred Norris good. Not as many drops lately I think, but for a while there the stuff was coming regularly and was never badly timed.

17. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Falato supposedly tells James when to play them sometimes. Other than that, Falato's pretty worthless to the show; he just sits there with a stupid smile on his face, possibly touching shane or vice versa

Let's give credit where credit is due: Falato and Shane are responsible for the incredible array of fascinating guests that come on the show

18. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm extremely happy that one never saw the light of day.

19. Peau de Soie

Reputations:

Well in fairness (?) they've described how the cutaway shots are specifically recorded so they can be inserted by the TV crew, so his dumb smile may not be relevant to the actual ongoing show; I don't know how much is live. Your point about the "guest" list is well taken. I'm still glad your intel on Wonder Years Bro was off though. :)

20. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    bottom line if Artie spent more than the minimum 4 hour a day at the studio, the show would be tons better. According to him he gets $950,000 a year from the show. I guess its probably a few more hundred K for him to put and extra 8 or 9 hours a week in planning bits and writing shit for the other no talents on the show.