Artie mentioned on PTI

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Chucky, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Apparently Artie was interviewing Chris Culliver (49ers CB) at media day for the Super Bowl and Artie asked him about having fag teammates and Culliver spat some homophobic shit that has those pansies over at ESPN all riled up. I didn't catch the show last night so I missed this (I'm still listening to Monday's show)

Here's an article about it: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-makes-homophobic-remarks-during-media-day/

2. therock

therock New Member

Reputations:
    I knew this would happen when I heard it on the podcast this morning.

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    The funny thing is that when I heard it live, it didn't even register with me as controversial. I guess I'm just out of touch with middle america, mainstream media, and professional victims. But still, more publicity for Artie can't be a bad thing.

4. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It wasn't controversial. Espn just looks for every chance they can to interject their liberal politics into anything remotely sports-related.

6. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    That's what I was thinking, hopefully this can help the show.

7. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;3AGVHeldoD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3AGVHeldoD8[/video]

8. Easymobee

Easymobee New Member

Reputations:
    Artie almost broke a bigger story than this. Trevor Pryce was obviously talking about what Ray Lewis would do and take for performance enhancement during the commercial, and then Artie tried his best to drag it on air with very limited success.

We'll see if Pryce comes back on after that, if he does he probably has a good sense of humor about things.

Related, the way Artie talks about his hunch that Cam Newton is gay makes me think he just might be.

9. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    That's why I hate the fact that NFL and NBA media shows have been proliferated with ex players because they feel that it's against "code" to break fucking news.

10. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Man I miss the 80's when you could say stuff without every fag and lezbo getting into a hissy fit.

11. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I know, how did Artie "Scumbag" him? He asked the guy about it, he said what he thought. These assholes need to leave Bristol, CT. once in awhile and realize what people are like outside of their insulated communities.

12. Easymobee

Easymobee New Member

Reputations:
    Its unrelated but its a sports subject regarding artie.

I love artie and his gambling stories but is it any wonder that most of the stories involve losing? He knows so little about sports.

When they asked the canavans how many players involved in the superbowl they could name last night and they could only name ray lewis and kipper, I dont think artie could do much better. I think the over under on artie would be about 12 and he'd finish under. Espescially if mistaken names didnt count ( jerome shockey or blair gabber).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  13. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I really need to call in to the show and ask Artie how he kept getting hooked up with crooked bookies. I don't gamble much anymore, but I've known a bookie for years who has never taken off in the middle of the night, and pays out to some real high rollers. Artie is in friggin' Jersey, and can't find a decent bookie? Maybe the Feds chased out/locked up all the good ones, but it seems like NY/NJ should be loaded with them, and I'm able to get one in the midwest.

14. Knox Harrington

Knox Harrington Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. RODFROMBAYSIDE

RODFROMBAYSIDE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  16. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    it's been made into a big effing deal, so good publicity for artie. he posted on twitter that he feels bad about it and didn't mean to be taken seriously and that he hopes the guy doesn't get in too much trouble for it.

i mean come on, are people REALLY surprised that he would say that?! i would be more surprised if he was supportive about it! i think it's possible that a gay guy could be a good football player (Ezra Tualo for example) but it's not like it's NEWS to anyone that most football players are big macho men who probably don't kick it in the castro a bunch

17. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Saw it on CNN too. I feel bad for Culliver the media is going to try to turn him into a monster and create a narrative about the "Homohophobia in the NFL."
    Plus he plays in the worst possible city to voice that opinion.

18. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    he's released a statement. Jesus why does EVERYTHING these guys say get made into such a big deal? THEY'RE FOOTBALL PLAYERS! who CARES what their thoughts are!?

19. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    I thought it was funny. What's the big deal. Artie went from asking about doing white chicks to gay people dude probably just got caught up on that and said he don't want to do gay people. Why can't a guy not like gays?

20. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    PC is going overboard...Stern show, Rooney Rule, ESPN :facepalm:

Just let them play, who said they were great philosophers.