Artie on The Adam Carolla Show

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by JesseUzbekistan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. JesseUzbekistan

JesseUzbekistan New Member

Reputations:
  2. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Thank you for the post.

3. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    it was good pod

4. Gunnar

Reputations:
    Artie with Adam pretty funny. Worth listening just for Artie's reaction to the FoYo comment (from whoever that talkative and annoying newswoman/co-host is). By the way, why does this woman talk 55% of the show? Nick and Artie were on Adams podcast some months back (when they went to LA to do Conan or Jimmy). They seem annoyed with her too.

Best wishes,
    Zen Gert
    (list to the link in the original post and you will know who Zen is).

5. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I heard the podcast. Contrary to other reports, it was very good. The "Fro Yo" must be a California thing, and/or a gay thing, because I never heard of it until it was used as an Android code name. And even now I still pronounce that "froi oh" as if it rhymed with "boy-o". Because only an idiot would use "Froyo" to mean frozen yogurt, especially if it's not even a popular brand name. Art was dead on in tearing that apart.

By the way Gunnar, I heard the podcast version and have no idea what "Zen Gert" is supposed to mean.

6. Gunnar

Reputations:
    During Artie's riffing on FroYo he quickly threw in the name Zen Gert (as in froZEN yoGERT). Classic subtlety, quick wit and busting ass that I love about the N&A show.

BTW this podcast was the first time I heard the term FroYo used and hopefully the last.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Did he? Damn, I love Artie's quick wit. He was a little bit out of his element on the show -- his fake blue collar schtick beat the pants off and stole lunch money from Adam's fake blue collar schtick -- but he was still great.

It was also interesting that, just as Artie didn't rate a single mention on Carolla's Stern interview THAT SAME DAY (and presumably the entire reason Carolla was in NY), likewise did Stern's name not come up in the podcast. Howard is such a shitstain.

8. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Just listened to the whole thing; Artie recycled jokes from at least 7 years ago, but hey--I love Don Rickles and he recycles about 95% of his act regularly. Artie was good, and any Adam Carolla podcast reminds me exactly why I find him unfunny--he tries too hard and his personality sucks.

I agree about the broad, by the way. Next time I call into the show I'll ask Artie exactly how unfunny he thinks she is.

9. Gunnar

Reputations:
    I am fine with the material being repeated, especially outside the N&A show.

Also, I really enjoy the fact that I have usually heard the evolution of the material over the course of the show. For instance, the early shows (first 3 months) and had Artie first bring up POPPA! (in the context of the Godfather move). I think Nick riffed on it with Artie for a while.

By the way, does any body know what Nick's references to "wrapping someone/something up in tin foil" is? I guess it is from one of his CDs.

Nick used to use the "tin foil" reference up until the a few months ago.

Gun.

10. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    you fags realize she was saying that ironically, right?

11. Gunnar

Reputations:
    Thank you for pointing out the one minute of irony in her 35+ minutes of boring.

You Bore Lover!

12. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
  13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    That's a lie. She used "froyo" as if everyone knew what it was. She wasn't trying to be ironic.

I don't think she's devoid of humor, but she does talk WAY too much for what little she brings to the table. Still a giant of comedy compared to Robin though.

14. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    you have no irony detector.

15. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    And Allison needs to stop hogging the fucking mic, 'cause she's not funny or entertaining, and she was blocking Artie with her cock.

She's Jon Hein with a vagina and worse timing.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It was also refreshing to hear Art's REAL thoughts on how stupid and dweeby all the Batman and Spiderman movies are, after all those years he had to sit through endless Stern rhapsodies about comic book movies and how Spiderman should be in everything.

17. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I'm just about 18 minutes in and I was going to post essentially this. She's Exhibit A for the "chicks aren't funny" argument. I'm sure Carolla was looking at her when he made those comments.

She's obviously not stupid, but she's so completely unnecessary to the proceedings. Worse than unnecessary, as she's fucking up the flow of things, as you mentioned.

She knows nothing we want to, and says nothing worth saying................absolutely nothing.

I was trying to think of someone on the N&A show who brings less.................who grinds things to an absolute halt like she did the Carolla podcast with Artie.......................and only two people came to mind: that dude who has/had cancer and wants to live in Colorado where he can smoke legal weed, and Karen from Boston.

And she's getting paid to be this unentertaining!

18. JesseUzbekistan

JesseUzbekistan New Member

Reputations:
    That podcast was more awkward than it needed to be. To be fair, I listen to Carolla's show daily, and the ones recorded in front of a live audience (versus in-studio) are always more awkward. So, in my opinion, she might have been a little off, but all three of them would have been better if it wasn't in front of an audience. Again, just my opinion.

19. Gunnar

Reputations:
    Agreed up to the point, about Karen from Boston.

Granted I have said the same thing as you for a lot (no the majority) of her calls.

But any one who can get a guy, whoever he was, to call in and say how he starts punching the passenger-side headrest every time Karen comes on the Nick and Artie show, is someone I want to hear again.

Gunnar,

20. Gunnar

Reputations:
    I understand you may be an ACE fan (me too). But listen to the podcast N&A did with Adam (when they went to do Conan earlier this year).

Nick and Artie made some subtle comments about "who's this chick always talking" or something like that.

Anyways, not a fan of whoever she is.

And she is has a website and book too?

End of the world coming. We will all be seeing Tim from Cincinnati and the those wild-ass Mayans soon.

Damn you 2012 and that witch on Adam's podcast!