Artie on "What the Fuck? with Marc Maron

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Lou Loomis, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    Haven't listened yet, but no way it's not good. Been looking forward to these two getting together.... :yes:

[video=youtube;ib0qMVdDzYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib0qMVdDzYs[/video]

2. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    It was pretty decent, stories I've heard or read about before, a few I hadn't. They both mentioned something I strongly agree with about the internet age producing a generation of comics afraid to be daring because they don't want footage online of them bombing while experimenting with new stuff, I've done comedy about 8 years now and you HAVE to be willing to fail to get even remotely decent at it. If you fear failure as a comic you shouldn't be one.

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Did Artie apologize to the fruits again?
    Is Romo still a Homo?

4. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    bombing sounds devastating considering the work that goes into creating a set.

Do you just have to have the resolve that there will be better audiences or more, better material in future days.... ?

5. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    I've always learned more from bombing because when you do well you don't give as much after thought to your set, when something doesn't work it eats at you to figure out why it didn't work and it drives you to figure it out and make it work or just cut it loose and say fuck it, it hasn't worked like every time I've tried it, it must not be as funny as I thought it was.

6. Junior

Junior Active Member

Reputations:
    I listened to the WTF interview and a lot of the interviews Artie did to promote his book, he talks about the ALS very little if at all.

This along with some of the comments he's made about the show's future lead me to believe that this might be the last year of the ALS.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My only issue with this was I'd heard 95% of the stories before. Many of them recently on Artie's other TV and podcast appearances for the book tour.

8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Why was it posted like four days after "recording" (god I hate podcasts, is this talk or 'Pet Sounds')

9. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie does mention in it that he has less than a year clean and had relapsed twice. First that I have heard him admit to this.

10. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He actually mentioned he's been " clean " for 8 months as of the recording ....

11. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I actually like Maron's interviews most of the time but like another poster said, it wasn't particularly revealing. Interesting take on club comics working out of fear, however.

Artie's 30 minute interview on the Huffington Post was much better.

12. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    Finally listened.

Pretty disappointing that it wasn't more candid--- just Artie going "safe" and retelling his greatest hits...

Maron usually gets people to open up more and get way introspective. One dude even came out of the closet on WTF...

The Cheech and Chong episode from a few months back was really good....

13. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Oh yeh, then make me laugh you fat fuck
    Kidding, that shit takes guts,, I could never do that shit because I am a hostile prick to assholes and I would end up in a bar fight most of the time a heckler started their lame shit
    I have become much calmer the older I get but damn some people just need the shit kicked out of them :)

14. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    Want me to go full tard like Bocchetti did on that 17 year old kid that called in last night?

A 52 year old man getting owned by a17 year old kid. Hilarious.

15. Death Smack

Reputations:
    Haa that was funny, Hanzi is around 30 years old or mid 30's i THINK, don't wuote me on that and Hanzi is supposedly a short fat guy from Pakastan or Afghanastan that lives in Canada, I don't mind Hanzi as he is a nutcase but I wish the man from Asscrackistan would stop using speaker phone because I can't understand what he is saying anymore

But Bocchetti getting on Hanzi about not getting laid or having to get a hooker to get laid was a clue as to how dumb Mike B is, I think Mike admitted the last time he got some pussy without paying for it was in 1982 or close to 1982

I wish Artie would fly Hanzi in and let Hanzi and Mike just beat the hell out of each other and winner gets Mike's job, the only reason Mike has that job is because Artie feels sorry for him

16. Death Smack

Reputations:
    Damn it just hit me, you were talking about the guy that said he lived with his mom and she did his laundry but he was 17, hell the caller "Steve" may have been 30 years old too and probably living alone and just wanted to fuck with Mike
    Then Mike tried to chump "Steve" out and came up with 3rd grade insults, no wonder Mike is sucking off of the DTV teat that artie exposed for Mike, I used to feel sorry for Mike but that guy is a sad excuse for a human being

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Steve called in to the show at least once before. He talked about being in high school and being not sure what he is doing with his life. He also tried to get a job on the show before (I think he said he would do the twins job).

18. Death Smack

Reputations:
    Cool I don't remember Steve calling in before but these shows all blend in anymore, i would like to see Steve come in and whip Mike Bocchetti's fat ass and take his job now THAT would make good TV

Thanks for the info

19. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    Just watched the latest round of Bocchetti Instagrams, he said people need to quit being dildo's, haters and idiots. People need to get out of their beds and houses and make something of themselves, it sounds like he's just repeating what 'The haters' are saying to him.