Stern Show Artie stealing people's "scratch" at the Pittsburgh Improv, Feb 20th

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Feb 29, 2016.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know @ilovebacon had a great thread exploring this with some usual suspects anbd great Artie posters (@ScottBaiosPenis @Mr Cachexic @kev @TheHighHat @DiamondGoddess @ShutupMoron @JesusTwinsBiggestFan @Vincenzo69 @Fillmore Fingers @Petal @MutteringJohn @killallposers @beetlejosh etc) in there - but I was shown this facebook link by a new dawgshed listener Greg Donohue (@SomerSky ) a few days ago.

Artie somehow showed at this Pittsburgh Improv gig and delivered exactly what you'd expect in this state. Here's ALL the facebook reviews - from the heart, and the wallet!

Kind of backs up why I refuse to pay for live stand up anymore - if not live entertainment at all. Just don't need to be entertained by anyone, and the Stern spin-off-chute ain't getting my money anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy Killian Kirchartz reviewed Pittsburgh Improv Comedy Club1 star
    February 21 at 11:50am ·

Saturday February 20th We went to see Artie Lang, horrible show. First the show started almost 30 minutes late, then it just got worse. Artie appeared to be so high and his nose bled the whole show. DISGUSTING. He just rambled on and on, everytime you thought it might get funny he bombed. It was the least funny thing you could watch, a comedian with blood running from his nose to his mouth for 45 minutes. The whole show, including the opening act lasted all of 50 minutes. What a ripoff and a wasted of 100 bucks!

[​IMG]
    Matt Monnette

Minus the blood, 9pm was the same story. No new material, the old material delivered poorly and out of order. Sports joke to something else then back again in and out of bits. Repeated some of them a few times. I was so excited a long long time fan, drove from Columbus, Ohio. At least the sushi place across the street was good. Hope Art is OK. Wish we could get a rain check for when he gets it together.

Like · Reply · 2 · February 22 at 6:03am
    [​IMG]
    Matt Monnette
    The fact that he didn't do any Jerry Sandusky material while in the state of Pennsylvania tells you all that you need to know. Something was up.

Like · Reply · 1 · February 22 at 11:51am
    [​IMG]
    Brian Barker
    He did a Sandusky joke when I saw him at 7. It was still awful though. Very disappointed at wasted hard earned money. Thanks for nothing artie

Like · Reply · February 22 at 9:14pm
    [​IMG]
    Joe Smith
    100% correct!!! Horrible! I waited for years to see him and it was a definite let down. He is one of my favorite comedians and it was absolutely disappointing. I hope he starts taking care of himself. Maybe if he ever cleans up I'll see him again but that's a big IF!

Like · Reply · February 25 at 2:42pm
    [​IMG]

chapped, GIRLY, blindbella and 29 others like this.
  2. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie repeatedly over the years spoke of his "Pittsburgh connection" and going to the worst neighborhood there to score H

3. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's what makes it worse. He's ALWAYS yammering on about how great and loyal the Pittswburgh Stern fans are - compared to the rest of the sensible country that actually wants they pay for.

h78, codeine, TheHighHat and 2 others like this.
  4. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    never a big fan of Artie's standup act, thought he was really good on the show, however! I hope for his sake he cleans up his act, sad to see anyone in the state that he's in!

5. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    I saw him down here 8 years ago at the Jackie Gleason Theater on Miami Beach. It was fucking awful. The opener sucked, Artie did maybe 40 minute set and a 20 minute gag reel. Worse show than Brad Garrett who also ran a gag reel.

6. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Pittsburgh is one of those cities where Artie knew dealers that were reliable. That's why he always talks about Pittsburgh. Such a drug addicted mess.

7. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This sounds like the final scene is tragic biopic.

8. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have seen some real good stand ups for not that much . The thing you do is see them at small rooms . The big places are too expencive and you are going to feel ripped off . I think I paid $25 to see Nick Dipalo . It was a fun night and worth it .

9. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    One of the worst things about addicts is that they get into this twisted mentality where they believe that if they sink low enough, somehow their savior will arrive and they can magically begin the third act of their life where they find redemption.

10. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    His special he did at Gotham in 2009 Jack and Coke was pretty good.

He's not a great stand-up he even admits. He's better on the radio.

11. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    this is why I would get pissed at Artie, he used to tell Sal and Richard what hacks they were and how he was the second coming to comedy! truth be told he was just as talented or talentless depending on your view "doing standup" as they were!

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or so he TELLS you to sound cool with that city reference (St. Louis)??? I don't believe anything he says anymore in regards to crazy drug stories. He loves that persona a lil TOO much.

codeine, Shoes, check1 and 2 others like this.
  13. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    The ass chewing Artie gave sal and Richard when they made up was some of the greatest radio ever

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good point, I still won't go but good point! Nick Dipaolo RARELY does a bad job in any setting (and I'm politically opposite of him). I don't think I've ever seen him do a bad job in that or a roast.

Mr Cachexic likes this.
  15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What did you think you were gonna get when you went or what were you hoping for? I think Artie just gets off on doing ANYTHING attached to the name of Jackie Gleason. I think he fancies himself a kindred pool-hall spirit.

Time Bandit and Shoes like this.
  16. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  17. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    In Artie's defense he was suffering from a new strain of Heroin Flu that was going around.

18. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He didn't get too political . He goofed on Muslims a bit but the rest was just funny shit and goofing on his life . I don't care what a comics politics are as long as they look at it in a funny unpredictable way .

ARM likes this.
  19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't worry - he'll live to steal his Artie-zombies money another day!

telecaster and Honkey Donkey like this.
  20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:

That's the amazing thing with him - he's just damn FUNNY and great comic! He can overcome any political difference you might have with him - unlike....say....Dennis Miller.