Artie was teh last great thing on the show!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by PauleyWalnuts, May 10, 2013.

1. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    No more laughing out loud laughs, no more wheezing laugh/cough. He re-energized the show, since his departure the show has fallen.

When is the last time you heard any cast member laugh out loud?

2. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    i agree.

3. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's sad is Artie brought more comedy to the show asleep than Howard and Benjy are able to come up with wide awake and that's coming from someone that didn't actually think the "let's listen as Artie snores" segments were at all funny.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  4. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    :eek:

5. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Well said amigo.

6. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    I did not also like the Artie snores segments, that was abuse, they knew exactly what was going on.

7. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For me, the show I'd listened to since '92 ceased to exist the precise moment Howard came back from holiday break without Artie and tried to pretend Artie never existed, instead going on about some Ronnie weekend tripe.

The creepy way that "Mr. honesty" chooses to deal with major changes or events on the show (sticking his head in the sand) has turned a former fan into a hater for life and I listen to downloaded, commercial-stripped shows occasionally only in the great hope there has been some terrible misfortune and they fucking burn as they slide further into mediocrity and obsolescence while the rest of the world passes them by.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  8. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Stern was honest, somewhat, back in 1982, even that was a crock of shit. At least back then he would take unscreened phone calls.

9. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    i thought about what i would do in howard's position.
    artie said only good things when he left so i must assume that howard doesn't have a personal vendetta like he does jackie.
    i know the staff complained that artie would lie, but those lies were always self preservation, he never told a lie that actually hurt anyone other than himself and his family.
    i guess he just doesn't want to go through that whole ordeal of artie not being fit for work. despite the fact that artie had trouble at MadTV, i think i would have given him another chance.
    one thing i kind of take umbrage with is when he attacked sal. huge sal fan and the staff didn't seem to care but then when he attacked teddy, that apparently was over the line.

either bring artie back, or get another comedian. they need a third mic. i think sal would be a good fit

10. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Blah, Blah, Blah, nice try Sal, u sack of shit!!!

11. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    I hope ur wife shoots u again in the ass with a paint gun, then shoots ur forehead after.

12. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
  13. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    :c

14. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie years were funny...but they don't compare to the Jackie years...the show died a little when Jackie left...and it went completely dead when Artie left.

15. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:

:lol:
    posted the paintball vid before seeing this post. ok, going to grab another youtube video.
    i am aware the the video i chose will be considered pandering by some ;)

[video=youtube;98HnSiRYByg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HnSiRYByg[/video]

16. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    Two different comedy era's for sure. Although Artie's personality really shined on the mic, loved his work and his one liners during interviews.

17. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    To be honest, I think there were really 4 distinct show periods when you look back at it:
    1. WNBC/Early Howard. I'm too young to know it aside from replays, and I lived in the midwest anyway.
    2. Early K-Rock, Ensemble Oriented Howard (with Jackie and Billy)
    3. Howard, Jackie and The Wack Pack
    4. Artie/Early Satellite Years

With the caveat of
    5. Doppelganger Howard - THSS hosted by a replicant from beyond the moon.

I don't think it's fair to paint it as Artie vs. Jackie, I love Artie, but for me the years with Jackie AND Billy will always be the best. Jackie's biggest problem, I think, was that he was a brilliant joke writer but his delivery couldn't compete with Billy. Jackie was still great after that, but it was never the same.

18. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie was funny but people seem to forget for his last year at least he was a unfunny arrogant prick. Remember his little talk with sal and richard that was the real artie

19. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well said! I remember that show well because it was the last one where I actually gave a shit about the show. I couldn't wait to hear what howchie would say about artie's ordeal and to my deep disappointment he said nothing! After that I knew the show had taken a turn for the worst and these fears were confirmed afterwards when he didn't have jackie sit on the show even once! I'll always be appreciative of the many entertaining hours howie provided me over the years, but his fall from grace has been embarrassing.

20. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know, I think that however fucked up he was, Artie made a lot of really great points during that last year (though not necessarily funny). There was a lot of truth in what he told Sal, and remember the way he eviscerated Lisa G (who absolutely had it coming)? Not to mention the way he disrespected 50 cent, which I still laugh just thinking about. It was like the whole ordeal was one big heroin induced kamikaze mission after Howard and Vinnie destroyed his relationship with Dana and Howard completely shot down the idea of Artie going to rehab every time he tried to suggest it (remember the Not My Bro fight?). My take on it was that when he wasn't nodding out or shoveling down devil dogs, he was subtly telling Howard to go fuck himself.