Artie's $450,000 diamond story

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Ralph Kramden, May 20, 2016.

1. Ralph Kramden

Ralph Kramden Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie was on Anthony Cumia's show this week and shared this golden oldie. For me, it might be one of his most blatant bullshit stories, which is quite high praise when you consider the competition. The basics are that he bought a loose diamond for Daner from a "scary guy down at the docks" for 50 grand. The guy told him it was worth 450k, and he "better nor sell it". He brought it on a trip where he had a fight with Daner, and as a result, never gave it to her. As usual, there are layers to the story...for some reason, he brought it to a "Hasid" in the diamond district and was told by the astonished Jew that "you have a $447,000.00 ring....I mean diamond".

After the fight, he brought it back to the scary guy at the dock, who bought it back for 25 grand. He said he was lucky to get it, but (punch line) he had paid 25 grand to rent a diamond for a week. The story has more holes than the bunny ranch...I won't insult you all by pointing them all out.

Two questions...has anyone else heard this story, and, if so, was it the same version and secondly, what would you put up on your Mt Rushmore of Artie BS stories? I should add that I generally like Artie, and hope he can straighten himself out. I just find these obviously bullshit stories to be insulting...and Artie is certainly not the only one to sling the bs like this

Angry Arab and DiamondGoddess like this.
  2. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Helicopter almost crashing at the Mohican Sun.

3. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Why would he sell a $447K diamond back for $25K?

Addicts are sooooo fuggin boring with the lying and everything.

:facepalm:

4. Ralph Kramden

Reputations:
    Exactly...I left out the part where the scary guy told him that he "better see the ring on her finger at the wedding"...Why would a scary guy from the docks expect to be at the wedding? Why would he give a shit what Artie did with it after he got his 50k for it? It's just fucking ponderous.

lovetalkradio and DiamondGoddess like this.
  5. Angry Arab

Angry Arab Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That sounds like such bullshit, I'm almost sure you have something in the story wrong.

lovetalkradio and Ralph Kramden like this.
  6. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Tag this, it's a good thread!!!

Yeah, like the fence selling the hot rock would get within 10 miles of it once he unloaded it.

Artie has a ridiculous fascination with the seamier side of life.

lovetalkradio likes this.
  7. Ralph Kramden

Reputations:
    I don't blame you for thinking that, but, if anything, I left out some of the bullshit...I'm sure there's someone else here who has heard this an can back me up....anyone?

AmericasJudge likes this.
  8. Angry Arab

Angry Arab Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I remember from the HSS some vague story about buying the loose diamond for Dana but, nothing more than that.

Fillmore Fingers and Bye You! like this.
  9. AmericasJudge

AmericasJudge Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard him on Anthony show the other day. And it sounded just like what you said. I don't understand why you wouldn't sell a half $1 million diamond either and instead take a $25,000 loss. But perhaps if Artie sold the thing, it would get found out that it was stolen in the first place. And that's why the guy said he better not sell it?
    Also, what fucking dude proposes to his girl with a diamond and not get it mounted and make it a ring? It is a very odd tale.

10. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Why not sell it to the Hasid for 100k? That's the usual markup for loose stones.
    If it was worth that much someone on 47th street would have loved to quadruple their investment.

Total bullshit.

I know, because I have spent more time than I cared to on 47th street dealing with these very people in the past few weeks. Diamonds are for suckers and a total fucking scam.

11. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Unless the longshoreman had the GIA laser inscribe a serial number on it, ain't no such thing as a stolen diamond.

AmericasJudge likes this.
  12. Bye You!

Reputations:
    When I was growing up, a neighbor across the street had more money than class. A young dude with daddy's money. He liked my mom and came over one day to show her a piece of jewelry he bought for his wife. He took it out of his pocket. No box.

My mother said "where's the box?" He stuttered a bit and tells her he doesn't have one. My mother told him to march right back to the jeweler and get a box because you can't give your wife jewelry that's not in a box. He was confused but said ok.

My mother knew there was no jeweler and no box. :rofl:

13. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    In a strong field of BS Artie stories, that's right at the top.