Artie's Burnt Bridges

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    So I'm listening to The Nerdist podcast, with some guy named Chris Hardwick who's apparently a comic and actor / voice actor, though I've never heard of him; and he's never ever funny. He gets a lot of big guests, and I just listened to the one with Bob Saget. Saget mentions his direction of Dirty Work, in passing, and later mentions his appearance at that private Jack Black roast in NYC with lots of friends and stars, and he lists some. Artie's name, for what it's worth, does NOT come up.

Has Artie burned all his old bridges? Is this why buddies like Norm or associates like Saget and Rickles and Will Ferrell etc. have still never set foot on his phones, even while making the rounds doing Marty Douchenozzle's Ozark Podcast with 4 listeners?

Sure he's had a couple of MadTV friends and 5th rate road comics, but precious few celebrities.

Are these past burnt bridges why he's clinging so hard to the Stern show even as Howard continues to shit drippings on Artie's bald spot?

Or am I just reading too much into it here, and Artie's booker just sucks that hard.

2. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its probably a combination of Artie, the booker, and the time the show is on. But I would say the booker is the main reason.

3. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don't think Artie has burned too many bridges. I'm sure the reality is that no one wants to do an actual late night show. All the big shows (Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc) are all pre taped for a reason.

4. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    Chris Hardwick also does the Walking Dead post show "Talking Dead." I find him insufferable.
    I think this sounds about right. Nighttime radio doesn't pull in as many listeners as other day parts and few people feel like doing interviews for that little exposure. I can't think of a single big in studio guest on the Spice Show. But I tend not to care about radio guests anyway so it doesn't bother me much.

5. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yep I hate Chris Hardwick too, fucking smug pompous faggot who has this "im better than you" look on his stupid face 24/7 when he doesnt even have one iota of talent.

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Okay so we're all in agreement on Hardwick I guess. He just always seems dull to me.

Artie's NOT just radio; theoretically he's also a TV show.

And I always say this about the time slot, so I'll say it again -- 8 PM Pacific is NOT a late night show, so I don't understand why they can't get more California celebrity calls...

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I think zero guests would be better. There are very few potential guests I have any interest in hearing from.

It would seem that being in NY, being on DirecTV, satellite, and terrestrial radio that there are a lot of people who would be willing to come on. It really wouldn't take much to improve your guest situation, the slightest bit of competence as a booker is all.

Tonight- the cast of Impractical Jokers. Can't wait to hear Artie feign interest in the show and to hear how funny Ritchie thinks prank shows are (because that's all he can understand).

8. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like Chris Hardwick

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    That's okay, there's a place for everyone. People still listen to Stern (heaven knows why), people still miss Nick Dip, etc.

He (Hardwick) seems innocuous, and has worked with real celebrities, but do you find him funny ?

10. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes. :dontknow: I think he's very witty & a good interviewer.

11. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Good call on the Impractical Jokers interview, u essentially nailed it

12. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    That impractical jokers show might be funny if every single god damn thing wasnt scripted and set up like every other reality show. I cant stand tv nowadays, the entire point of that show was that these guys have to improv whatever the others tell them to to strangers on the street and the "comedy" comes from the uncomfortable situation so the fact its set up is pathetic. One odd thing is that one of the guys is from "the whitest kids you know" and he talks with the guys on the new show as if they are all best friends who grew up together and have known each other since grade school just like they all claim on whitest kids you know, fake fake fake

13. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    HAH. Thanks a lot, I spit up my drink after reading the thing about Ritchie.

ROFL. And Ritchie just laughed at Vladimir Putin's name because his last name sounds like "poo".

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  14. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The show needs to put Mike Bochetti in the co-host chair PRONTO, and get rid of these doofuses are that have been filling in for Nick. I've gone from listening every night to maybe twice a month.

15. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Well we've certainly found Ritchie's "brand of comedy" then. The loudest and longest he's ever laughed is when Artie said his own poker tell was "I violently crap my pants".

Jon Ritchie loves doodie.

16. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just don't think JR really understands Artie's comedy that much as he constantly tries to call out Art or "debunk" his running bits, the type 2 diabetes for instance. I think Ritchie's moniker should be Bit Killer...better yet: Angry Boner Bit Killer

17. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh God no.

18. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    JR sucks, he cant take a joke and like you said tries to ruin arties comedy. Anytime he is the butt of a joke he gets that angry stare down face and acts like a baby, newsflash over weight has been football player nobody is scared of your out of shape fat ass so quit acting like a tough guy.

19. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I may be crazy but I would rather have Gino as co-host.

20. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I read that Chris Rock made an impromptu appearance on Howard Stern's show today and it would be great if he did the same with Artie. Especially since Artie said on the air that he's hesitant about asking him to come on.