Artie's new podcast starting impress

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by jonmac20, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    I am Dan falato willing to interact
    With the common man. Any questions?

2. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    What happened to your "wife"? And I don't mean Artie.

3. RaisingLange

RaisingLange Active Member

Reputations:
    Is this really Dan Falato? I think I'd rather talk to some pretending to be Dan Falato than the real Dan Falato.

JRoyle411 and Night Ape like this.
  4. TheSurvivingJesusTwin

TheSurvivingJesusTwin Half as ubiquitous

Reputations:
    Hanzi's call on the 9/22 show was epic

5. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait a minute... If this is the real Dan Falato why is your username Jon Mac????

Just doesn't add up.

(If you are the real Falato, I have a great many ideas for the podcast. None of which will help.)

6. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How's Nick doing?

7. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Yes. Why isn't Artie on here? Get him to sign up and post, and he'll get many more subs....including mine.

8. Rmdw34

Rmdw34 Member

Reputations:
    When is Artie making up all of his missed podcasts (6 by my count)?

9. misterblonde

misterblonde New Member

Reputations:
    anyone get weird vibes about how excited artie is about his podcast after the scuffle with howard over the air waves? Like it was kind of a pr stunt to push more folks to pay for his podcast ( Some of the best pods out there aren't subscription based, they make it up in ads.)

Before like a few weeks ago his twitter would have this cloud of depression over it ( i'm in the greenroom at bananas in Albany, not the emmys or whatever etc), now he is putting together strange prizes for his listeners and always tweeting about how much fun he is having. idk maybe i'm being cynical

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    And it's pretty scummy how he's basically extorting his fans. If they dont get more people to sign up, hes threatening to stop doing the podcast (wonder how many months we'd keep getting charged after it ended)

JRoyle411, kev and Horrorillogium like this.
  11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Hes paying hanzi $600 a show to answer his phone when they call him during the podcast :facepalm:

12. misterblonde

misterblonde New Member

Reputations:
    jesus . Artie can do an hour long podcast a week on his own, no subscription, pick up a few useless ads, and he would get paid...

he would also be able to choose what gigs he does since his fanbase would grow at a ridiculous rate ( see bill burr )

It just seems like he is looking for a loophool/quick buck... and this is coming from a long time art fan. He doesn't need to set his show up to mimic stern, its an entirely different medium with pods.

JRoyle411 and Asshat like this.
  13. Ninjafish

Ninjafish Member

Reputations:
    It doesn't seem weird at all to me. His bad feelings about Howard were bottled up for years. I'm sure it feels great to get that off his chest. He's also getting a wave of support from the fans. Most Stern fans are sympathetic towards him and are thankful for revealing so much in the past week.

And if he is doing it to get more subscribers, that's fine. As long as he's being sincere. I'm glad he's paying attention to what the fans want.

JRoyle411 and Nowhere Man like this.
  14. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    regarding his contest:

how many new subscriptions are really gonna be required to win?? i think you could easily win this contest (if it's on the level) by signing up for a 100 subscriptions yourself. you could cancel them all after a month, so you'd spend $700 to get $3000 back from artie.

Night Ape and JRoyle411 like this.
  15. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't hear it but I'm pretty confident that stuttering stupid fucking loser wasn't "epic".

oldpaddy likes this.
  16. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe the stuttering and conspiracy theories make it epic? Hell I would like to hear it in the podcast format. Hopefully Hanzi says a lot more without the DTV bullshit restrictions?

17. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I thought about that, too. I was thinking doing $1000 worth would be optimal. You could win and net 2k, but if not, you'd hopefully catch the 2nd or 3rd place and not lose anything.

Or put some of the money into getting people to sign up at a discount where you pay half for them. That would get you more subs for your money, but be more hustle involved.

I love that Artie kept saying that he'd reveal how you'll need to prove which people signed up under you. He kept saying it like it wasn't some completely normal thing tons of other sites do.

18. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The $600 seems to have been a special thing. In the show I'm listening to now, Artie says he pays Hanzi $200 a week.

19. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Starting to think the same thing. Probably a last ditch effort before throwing in the towel.

JRoyle411 likes this.
  20. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Active Member

Reputations:
    That's a bargain for us all that subscribe to Artie's podcast.

Howard seems to really get set off by Hanzi recently because Hanzi has nothing to lose. And Howard knows that Hanzi talks to Artie, just like Stuttering John talks to Artie. Howard's people are supposed to automatically figure out that those that he freezes out should be freezed out by everyone around him. As such, Robin and Gary shouldn't be talking to Artie in Howard's mind. And so then, like Stuttering John, Hanzi is against him. Which makes Hanzi so much more valuable to all of us because he is on the podcast w/ Artie.

killallposers likes this.