Artie's OTHER Arrest(s)...

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Night Ape, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Baby Gorilla's mid-March coke & heroin bust has taken center stage of late, but some obsessive fans are hip to the fact that Artie Lange had also been arrested for drug possession way back in February 2016.

On a brand new episode of Sam Morril's podcast "Keeping Joe" an unusually energetic Arthur Lange Jr. delves into some territory he's not discussed anywhere else before..

Here, Artie gives some details about his Feb '16 arrest AND his up-until-now-unknown SECOND arrest later in 2016!!

(these stories begin about 60 min in)

This is BREAKING NEWS as far as I know. Here's a description for those who don't want to listen:

Following a retelling of the now-classic "I snorted glass!" yarn, Artie delves into his Feb '16 arrest.

Artie says he was pulled over (in St. Louis?) with drugs on him. The cops were apparently fans of "the Show" and knocked his charges down to the least possible charge of possession. Art claims it should have been with intent!?!

That's about all he says about it. He mentions getting probation later in the podcast, but may have been referring to his second, much crazier story, which connects his past with the present day:

When Artie was a longshoreman, he took a second gig working for "a guy" who ran a stolen car insurance fraud scam.

Artie says the job was very easy and he made $2500 for every car lifted. All he had to do was call a phone number, give a voice on the other end the location of a to-be stolen auto and that was that. Says he was offered the gig because, being younger, it was assumed his phone wouldn't be tapped.

Artie eventually quit both jobs and moved to Hollywood to be on MadTV.

Flash forward to late 2016:

Artie claims he currently pays for five of his friend's rent??

One of these moochers asks Artie if he could get him the gig doing the car thing, despite being 20 years late to the party. Artie makes a couple calls and learns the son of the "the guy" who ran the scam is now handling the ring.

Artie calls this kid to hook his friend up with the job. He notices "the kid" is very nervous on the phone. After hanging up, Artie leaves his place to walk to his car. A New Jersey SWAT team appears and arrests Artie for racketeering.

Turns out, "the kid" is under indictment so his phone is tapped.

As usual, the cops were fans and agreed to keep things quiet. The kid's old man ("the guy") got Artie a good lawyer and he receives only probation. Artie says the lawyer was free, but he still had to pay "somebody" $25,000...

This second story sounds incredibly preposterous, but it will be in Artie's next book.

HTJ and Gunt like this.
  2. Gunt

Gunt I don't have time to teach you to speak hobo. Gold

Reputations:
    I'm honestly never surprised with Art anymore.....the story could be complete and utter bullshit (most likely) or it could actually be true (not likely). Either way he will use it for future stories/books and a lot of people will enjoy it.

Just when you think he is completely out of material.....he invents a new story to live off of for years to come.

Arthur Lange.....the chameleon.

Nowhere Man likes this.
  3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie always seems to get into the really juicy news towards the end of these interviews or his podcasts. He just sort of works his way there. I'm not sure what to believe, though. He sounded very clear and coherent. Since he was on stage in Feb. '16 when blood started pouring out of his nose, the timing sounds about right. I didn't think he said he was in St. Louis, though, for that arrest.

4. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not sure the city, either. I actually thought it was Pittsburgh, but they say St. Louis on this podcast. I don't think even Artie knows.

This podcast was recorded in around October 2016. Artie sounds very alert - talking fast, but discernible - so he's probably on coke.

5. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget the bank robbery arrest back in high school or the drunk and disorderly conduct arrest in Paris.

6. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Here's why I think he's lying. He's Artie. Ok, here's the other reason. He's saying these cops fudged things to lessen the charges. This isn't a story about them letting him go and so no one would know who these cops were. There was an arrest each time. So now, in public, he's outting the cops who arrested him as having done something a little dirty. He's either fucking lying or a real dick. I think he's both, but in this case, I think he's fucking lying. These are just more in his line of cops being a fan stories. He told other ones on the Stern show. Somehow, he always runs into cops who are fans and they always do him a solid. These are either flat out lies or he's really twisting the truth to make them a better story (another favorite activity for Arthur).

7. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    Never ever ever trust a junkie to tell the truth about anything. If Artie was on probation one of those smoking gun type websites would have the paperwork on it and since it would get clicks because of the fact that he was on Stern they would publish them. Getting caught with pills like a common asshole is no good for a bigshot like Artie so he has to invent racketeering charges and has to make sure everyone knows that it wasn't just a regular guy drug charge it was drug trafficking which is more appropriate for the badass we all know him to be.

Night Ape likes this.