Artie's Tweet from 1/11 about what happened? Is it gloating?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Mugsysam, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. TakeRicola

TakeRicola New Member

Reputations:
    Could be! I’m even more curious about Arties previous tweet, now that we know that Nick is out.

Artie Lange ‏@ArtieQuitter Hey guys. The Nick & Artie Show is going threw some changes. All is well. See you back on air Monday January 14th. Thanks! Artie

It's an interesting choice of words to say when your co-host has been sacked. I realize Artie is most likely referring to himself being fine (to kill rumours of rehab) but still…

3. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah I'd say he was just alerting everyone that he was still alive.

4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it's a quote from Raging Bull.
    unless, there is some deeper meaning to it.
    does that mean nick still wins because he still gets paid?

5. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    Or I was taking it as-I loose my job on the Howard Stern show because of my drug use, and still get my own show.

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I think Mugsysam is pretty spot on. Artie is a deeper guy than he gets credit for being, I think, he's just stuck in playing this Jersey tough guy character to an extent. If you take its meaning from Raging Bull, Artie is basically saying "This is my nature, this is what I do. I am as I am, that's all I can be if I keep on living." Kind of like how in Raging Bull, La Motta was a thoroughly fucked up person, but the aspects that made him so fucked up and on the edge were what made him great as a boxer, even though they ultimately ruined his life. So basically, I think that quote had everything to do with Artie's opinion of himself, and not much of anything to do with NIck.

7. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    God I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Nick's place this weekend.

Or Artie's for that matter. I also hope that this means Artie will be better on taking calls than Nick was. Sometimes the Stern show survived on great callers alone.

8. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:

Oh my God I know it right? Especially Nick's. I am not the biggest fan of his, and just don't agree with his views on a LOT OF THINGS, but I almost-almost feel bad for him.

I bet he cried. Really. You loose your dream job to a guy who is nodding out on the air mid-sentence and itching his ball$ off on Live TV. Literally.

9. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:

if he see's this in a few weeks : [​IMG] he might feel a tad better .. but ya i feel sorry for him

10. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    but this year, he won't even be able to go the Super Bowl in person.
    sucks - they really screwed Nick over.

11. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well let's go over the scenarios that might have played out:

1) Nick got pissed off and did something to get himself fired.
    2) The suits did the math and figured that Nick brought nothing to the table
    3) Nick quit

Those are the only ways for this thing to have gone. I'm sure even if they had a problem with each other off the air, Artie would not be the one to leave the show hanging. The reasons for his departure are going to be interesting, whatever they are. I refuse to pity Dipaolo until I find out what the circumstances were. Personally I think they told him to hit the bricks, because they could pay a schlub like Brent Stover to do the same thing Nick did, and save some bucks.

I don't think Nick ever realized on their talk show appearances that he wasn't needed, or that without Artie he could never get on Kimmel or Fallon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  12. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was scenario 1, Greek. As much as I like Nick its easy to tell he's a hothead and even when he was going at with Artie on the air I could sense even then he was restraining himself, when Artie was ready to drop the argument Nick was still seething. He pats himself on the back all the time for not being a sellout or a phony, there were a lot of times on tough crowd back in the day where he would offend black/women comedians and the audiences, pretty much bringing the banter a complete stop. Would it be that much of a shock if Nick blew his top at a meeting with directv bigwigs and said something wildly offensive ( offensive to those tight asses anyway ) to everyone in the room and thus got himself fired? I wouldn't doubt it.

I personally don't buy that Nick and Artie had a falling out. They seem like good friends, Artie mentioned several times that Nick was one of the few guys who stayed in touch with him while in was in the psych ward. Then you have Bocchetti saying on Twitter how he felt bad, Mike seems like he has a good heart, I'd doubt he'd feel bad about Nick's firing if he deserved it.

13. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His wife probably has two black eyes by now. He told the story a while back about Andi and some friend of hers driving through Times Square and seeing the huge advertisement for N&A on the building and being all proud of it. Must have been pretty demeaning to come home and tell your wife that you lost your job to a heroin addict.

14. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe that twat Nick can crank call the show and talk about some terrible, local Conn. DJ - NIck from Connecticut, you're on the Artie Lange Show...

15. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    more demeaning than what he usually walks home and sees with Guatemalans?

16. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    ...I'm not sure why everyone thinks Artie writes those tweets/movie quotes/pictures.

17. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That tweet is not about what happened.

18. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Assuming Nick is getting paid his full contract (which I don't really know exactly), and he is able to go write another stand up special, work it out and do another dvd.....and do his tv shows occasionally.....maybe get more work on Louis or something else....I could see how "there's no way he could lose."

It's not like it was guaranteed his contract was going to be renewed anyway. If he's getting the full 3 years that's nothin' to cry about. I know he wanted to work in radio 10 years, save a bunch of dough and retire....but the reality is, he is ridiculously lucky to have gotten that deal. I'm sure last year he made more money than he ever has by 3 times probably. Artie was the one with all the experience and fans. It was extremely generous of Artie to split the money straight up with Nick. Granted, Artie did not have great bargaining power at the time, but still....the fact is that there's no way they are equals in radio, no matter how you slice it, popularity, entertainment, talent, commentary, comedy. Artie by a landslide. The only edge Nick would have is that he's not fucked up on drugs. So yeah, even though he lost, he still won.

19. IllegalSearch

IllegalSearch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how did they screw him over, they should carry that just so he can go to Bowl, WAH. The tweet alludes to win win, lose win,Rick gets paid, meaning they canned him. How is that getting screwed? It was up to Rick to deliver and he didn't. He's a road comic so let him go to NO and do a few gigs, he'll get tix to game once he's in town. I could never stand how once something got interesting with a caller, Rick was ready to move on, he never understood the timing of a guest comment or the rhythm of radio conversation. He can fill in when Hannity's fill in goes on vacation, that's it.

20. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I do think Artie probably wanted to tweet that Raging Bull quote, even if he told "The Kid" to do it. If you remember, he was always quoting Scorcese movies on Stern and it really sounds like the way he would react to this type of situation. It may have also been referring to Nick, I was just going off of its meaning in the film.