As AGT starts shooting again, reminder Howard called AGT a total scam before joining

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 25, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Quotes from Howard a few years before joining AGT

Howard Stern says America's Got Talent has a dirty little secret when it comes to winner MIchael Grimm's supposed "million dollar" pay day.

Stern, who is an avid fan of the popular variety show style talent competition, said he stayed up late to watch the results of AGT and was pleased that singer Michael Grimm won the top prize.
    "I felt good for the dude who won cause--his grandparents raised him. I don't know what happened to his parents. He had a pretty sad story. You could tell he had a hard life and they gave him the million bucks."
    Stern wondered, though, about the AGT "fine print": "You know, I was reading the fine print at the end of that show. I think it's one of those shows where they do payouts of like forty thousand a year for like forty years or something?"

Unfortunately for Michael Grimm, the situation is grimmer still. The "fine print" at the end of America's Got Talent states: The prize, which totals $1,000,000, is payable in a financial annuity over forty years, or the contestant may choose to receive the present cash value of such annuity.
    Howard Stern Show producer Gary "Baba Booey" Dell'Abate broke in with the official information stating that the million dollars was payable in annual installments of $25,000 over forty years. Booey noted that there was a "buyout" option which gave the winner an option to take a smaller lump sum all at once which Dell'Abate guessed was about $400,000.

"F--- you NBC," said Howard Stern when her heard the real stats. "And Nick Cannon's on there going 'This is the biggest contest prize of any on TV. F--- you NBC."
    Booey added another sad but salient point: "That's assuming that NBC is still in business in forty years."
    Michael Grimm will also headline his own show in Las Vegas as part of his America's Got Talent prize.

http://www.examiner.com/article/howard-stern-exposes-america-s-got-talent-scandal-michael-grimm-1-million-prize-not-due-until-2050

2. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Where is Michael Grimm now?

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]