Asshole Mennonites Strap 4 Terrified Puppies On roof Of Car For 300 Mile Jaunt..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Apr 19, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:

Four very terrified puppies strapped in a cage to the roof of a van moving on the freeway were rescued after dozens of concerned drivers called 911 and police pulled over the car.

Wendell Steiner, his wife, and their four children were stopped by police in Akron, Ohio during their 300-mile journey from Nova, Ohio to Pennsylvania.

Although Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts and not the Buckeye State, the former presidential candidate famously came under fire during his 2012 run for the White House after it was revealed he once drove for 12 hours with his Irish Setter Seamus on top of his car in a carrier.

Scroll down for video

[​IMG]

+10
    Four very terrified puppies strapped in a cage to the roof of a van moving on the freeway were rescued after dozens of concerned drivers called 911 and police pulled over the car

[​IMG]

+10
    Wendell Steiner, his wife, and their four children were stopped by police in Akron, Ohio during their 300-mile journey from Nova, Ohio to Pennsylvania

[​IMG]

Mitt Romney (left) came under fire when it was revealed he once drove for 12 hours with his dog on his car

Steiner's mixed-breed puppies were wind-battered and huddled together in the cage when they were rescued, but had no injuries, according to Sgt. Kris Beitzel.

'I didn't see any injuries. They would not leave each other,' she told WKYC. 'They had urinated all over the inside of the cage. When I tried to get them out, they were trying to crawl back in.'

The cage was covered on three sides with a blanket but its rear was left exposed.

Beitzel said that when she asked the father why the dogs were not riding in the car as well, he responded that there wasn't room because he had 'far more important things to put in the car, meaning his children'.

Steiner told police the puppies belong to his father, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.

He said they were transporting the dogs to his wife's family in Pennsylvania because his father could no longer keep them.

[​IMG]

+10
    Akron Police Sgt Kris Beitzel (left) tended to the four dogs in the cage while the two sisters closely kept watch

Buzzfeed. 'In that culture they just look at puppies as livestock. They don't look at them as pets the way we do.'

The family, who said they had no idea it was illegal to transport animals on top of a moving vehicle, were let go with a warning.

'If I had known, I'd never agree to it,' Steiner told the Akon Beacon Journal. 'I would have kept them in Nova.'

The family handed the puppies over to the police, and Beitzel said she believes the 'traumatized' puppies will come around 'with a little love and attention'.

[​IMG]

+10
    He said they were transporting the dogs to his wife's family in Pennsylvania because his father could no longer keep them

[​IMG]

During the lead up to the election, a Dogs Against Romney Facebook group was created and he was mocked

[​IMG]

The mixed-breed puppies were wind-battered and huddled together in the cage when they were rescued, but had no injuries

The puppies were taken to a local veterinarian hospital to be examined and will be placed with the Human Society of Great Akron to be put up for adoption.

Romney's revelation about his 1983 vacation was an issue during his 2008 presidential campaign as well, but it was a much bigger issue for him in 2012.

During the lead up to the election, a Dogs Against Romney Facebook group was created, 'Dogs Aren't Luggage' T-shirts were sold and Romney was lampooned by late-night hosts about the story on a nightly basis.

Democratic strategist Chris Lehane told the Washington Post in 2012: '“It’s a signifier.

'There are certain events that happen over the course of someone’s life that play into a larger story line and feed into a caricature.

'Seamus the dog story just plays into a negative story line about a guy who you may not completely trust.”

[​IMG]

+10
    Akron police didn't charge Steiner, but they did educate him about the proper transportation of animals

[​IMG]

The puppies were taken to a local veterinarian hospital to be examined and will be placed with the Human Society of Great Akron to be put up for adoption

2. Newly OBrien

Newly OBrien Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll see your for dogs and raise you one child.

Parents Charged After Girl Rides With Dog In Cage On Turnpike

[​IMG]

MILLVALE (KDKA) – A couple is facing charges after a 10-year-old girl rode in a dog cage in the back of a pickup truck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

“She wanted to be with her dog. She plays with him in here all the time. They were strapped in,” Abbey Carlson said,

Today, the two spoke about the incident claiming it was all a misunderstanding. The parents Carlson, 29, and stepfather, 30-year-old Thomas Fishinger, said their daughter likes to play in the cage with her dog. So, when the dog started to cry during the drive home they let her climb in.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/police-girl-rode-with-dog-in-cage-on-turnpike/

3. teehee

Reputations:
    What is with these stupid people?? Ugghh. I wanna shake them!

4. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    I rode in the back of the truck all the time as a kid. :dontknow:

5. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Same here

6. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Well then I'm a Goddamn terrorist for riding my dogs around in the back of my pickups over the years......They seemed to having a blast back there......

Head Censor and BethSucks like this.
  7. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So did I......Standing up behind the cab was the spot for me...............

Mr. Potato Head likes this.
  8. teehee

Reputations:
    I'm talking about the mennonites That strapped their dogs to the roof of their car..I rode in back of trucks when I was a kid too…

jlightningzz and TheMercenary like this.
  9. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    So did most people, but you were probably given a choice, yes? These dogs were not given a choice and I doubt you or your parents would have wanted or would have let you ride in the back of the truck for 300 miles. Also, riding in the back of a truck, though not safe, is much safer than riding on the dang roof, barreling down an interstate.

stanggirl, TheMercenary and teehee like this.
  10. Mr. Potato Head

Reputations:
    I thought she was referring to the kid in the post directly above hers. She didn't quote the roof post.

teehee likes this.
  11. teehee

Reputations:
    I was the op of the thread..

12. Mr. Potato Head

Reputations:
    I know. :wtf:

teehee likes this.
  13. teehee

Reputations:
    :giggle:

14. Newly OBrien

Newly OBrien Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In the bed of a pickup is different than strapped to the top.

The kid was in a dog cage on the PA turnpike. I'm sure al lot us rode in the back of a pickup, but not in a dog cage at 70mph.

15. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Choice? Sure! Dad said "Get your ass in the back of the truck" and we got.

16. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    We're you in a cage?:bigthink

17. Mr. Potato Head

Reputations:
    A cage of emotions. :bigcry:

18. Mr. Potato Head

Reputations:
    ^^This happened many times. :jj:

19. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    My brother fell off the tailgate and my dad told him to hold on when he got back on.

20. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Mennonites .... :ucoffee: