Asshole of the week Stolen Stern bit "Douche of the week"

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by Yomama, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Yomama

Yomama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WTF - I'm new to O&A and have been enjoying the show but was pretty taken aback when I heard the intern what's his name ... pitch his bit called "asshole of the week"

Really Jason Kaplan from HSS did that bit from the very beginning of his show " back office radio" He called it Douche of The Week & it went EXACTLY as the bit that idiot intern on O&A pitched

WTF ???

2. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah this happens all of the time. O&A staff listen to Stern and pitch Stern bits. Then O&A do the bits on air. Then a Stern fan calls into the show and calls them "ripoff artists". Then they deny that they got the bit from Stern and that one of their guys came up with the idea on their own. O&A are so void of talented staff that they let interns pitch ideas.

I'm a huge O&A fan but this has been a problem since 1994. They use tons of Stern material and refuse to even entertain the idea that some bits overlap. The O&A show just did a "gay off" which was a ripoff of the Stern Show bit "gay chicken". Now Opie wants to have a "smallest penis contest" but Howard did that back during the Jackie years (it was a hilarious bit).

My favorite O&A bit, Jocktober, is something that Howard came up with decades ago. But O&A scream that they came up with the idea. But Howard did it for years including even listening to his old tapes from Detroit and goofing on them. I love O&A and listen every day but they act as if they've never done a Stern Show bit before and that Howard barely had any influence on them.

3. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Holy fuck are you guys delusional. Stick to listening to Howard only please. You're all seeing the world through Howard's delusional eyes.

You think Jason invented "douch of the week?"

Give me a fucking break you assholes. Howard stole most of the shit he claims as his own. The guy with the Gilbert avatar, you are an annoying Howard fanboy. Get the fuck off these boards you troll.

In fact asshole of the week is such a generic bit/idea that almost everyone has done it before. Bill O'Riley has been doing it for years on his show. Every has their own version of the jerk/douche/asshole/pinhead of the week.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

Stern was the LAST radio guy to do the vote for Sanjaya thing....and took all the credit for it.
    Did he steal it or just do the obvious bit others were already doing?

Howard invented inventing things that other people have already done.

5. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Also when did Howard invent Jocktober? Howard has played clips of other radio shows. That's not the same as Jocktober.

Also funny when Howard claims to have invented Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher.

Howard thinks he invented talking about current events.

6. Yomama

Yomama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know I noticed that - first with the "after show" (wrap up show ) and a few other examples. But this ripoff of douche of the week was off the charts.
    I'll still listen occasionally but I see how Howard was right when he said that O&A rip off his bits

7. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Reputations:
    I've read a lot of your bitchy anti-O&A posts. There's no way you're a fan. Nice try, Stern fag.

8. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Reputations:
    I completely agree. It's an incredibly old bit. Which is exactly why the intern won the asshole of the week. They were just fucking with him the whole time. It's funny to me that some of these people around here couldn't even pick up on that. Bunch of fuckin' idiots.

You want to talk about a thief, how about early Howard Stern stealing just about everything from Steve Dahl. Now there's a thief.

9. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    I agree with you, this vampire guy is not an O&A fan. He just comes in here to bitch and claims that "I'm a huge fan and listen every day but..... (insert complaint here)"

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard invented American Idol in 1980.
    :lol:

11. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Hoo hoo Robin I invented American Idol.

[video=youtube_share;hzIAPEWWKuA]http://youtu.be/hzIAPEWWKuA[/video]

They were on their once and they killed. Anthony he said he heard that Howard went behind the scenes and talked to Dave's people not to have them on again.

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    one or both Stangel brothers listens to O&A live?

13. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Well yeah but try to explain that to the paranoids around here. They'll tell you that Sam Roberts invented the Shit Show on his own and it had nothing to do with Gary doing the Wrap Up Show. And hey...just like the Wrap Up Show the Shit Show is garbage.

O&A now are the best show on radio. Stern Show is an abortion. But people here seem bent on rewriting history that 90s Howard was this moron and that nothing Howard did was ever funny or original. Yeah sure....Steve Doll was so amazing. What an innovator.

What's funny is that the only three radio shows I've ever listened to were all Stern related. There's K-Rock Stern. O&A (big Stern fans). And Nick and Artie. The rest of radio blows. Now that Stern is garbage and Nick left the N&A show it's just O&A keeping the dream alive. I guess calling out O&A for their Stern influences means you are a Stern schill. That makes sense. I guess the reactionary psychos on here can't be moderate about their fan worship. O&A are a great radio show. They are not a cult though.

And people who think O&A are great now are insane. They are drifting into mediocre territory as well. Not as bad as Howard but they are moving closer. Ever since Patrice died the show has struggled to be as good. They need someone to step up like Patrice did. That's what put their show into the stratosphere. Listen to old Patrice clips and they are as good as Jackie and Billy West clips from 90s Stern. Black Phillip was so fucking good.

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The Doctor Harry Fisch Show
    [​IMG]

15. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    You're Opie and Anthony ripped off the Wrap Up Show but do you honestly think Stern invented a "post game" show which is essentially what that it. Post game shows have been around forever.

You need to listen to other radio shows. Stern and O&A are not the only thing on radio. For years I listened to Neil Rogers, now that was a fucking radio show. Even Stern and O&A respected the guy.

16. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:

Howard invented Dr Harry Fisch hoo hoo.

17. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    People really over analyze radio shows... I've been listening to O&A for about 8 months and never once have I said HEY! That's a Stern bit! Fuck this...I'm out! HACKS!

Never once have I listened to Stern and said HEY! He stole this from fucking Steve Dahl! That hack!

Enjoy radio and stop over analyzing.

18. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:

Anthony killed...Opie was a deer in headlights.

19. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    Both I believe.

20. Yomama

Yomama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who's practice ?
    Where can I find old tapes with Practice ?