At the end of the day, it is a God Damn TRAVESTY that any full time employee let alon

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ruffypup, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    e 30 yr. veteran of the show has to go out and work odd jobs just to stay afloat. These are not Dominos Pizza delivery drivers, they are direct employees of 112 Productions.....a multi- million dollar Company with <50 full time employees.

Go back to just last year, Howard was actually encouraging Scott to have a little respect for himself and not do these shows.....moreless empathizing w/Scott and saying at his age ..doing weekend appearances with a bunch of youth is not really worth the headache.....and NOW...Howard once again completely hypocratizes his self and says that Scott should take advantage of this golden opportunity. :facepalm:

2. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're not calling Howie a Hypocrite are you? Or are you just calling him a cheap asshole?

3. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    I hear what you are saying but there is a ceiling to what a soundguy/audio engineer can make, never mind most of his audio skills like splicing and dealing with tapes are obsolete. Also who knows how much he overspends and how much dough he sinks into that loser manchild son of his career that is clearly going fucking nowhere.

4. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
  5. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Detached asshole who worships money. One would think that he would feel some sort of responsibility toward his employees. Then again, what's stopping all these losers from going elsewhere? Both sides are at fault. Howard is a self-serving cocksucker and guys like Scott are pathetic losers. I don't understand how it can be that the show has lost so few to greener pastures. Stuttering John and Scott Einziger are the only ones to leave on their own for something better.

6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the reason Langford left has never been fully explored, it was simply glossed over then ignored.. I suspect MONEY had a big part of it and most likely all of it.

7. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    Scott would do the same if he was in Howard's position

8. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    They would have been better off MARRYING Stern than going to work for him

9. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Scott is a union engineer employed by Sirius, he is paid union scale which is pretty good and has a benefits package that the others would kill for, something that was brought up on the WUS once when they were discussing the HTV guys having to go to the drugstore doctor. I think "koclem" hit the nail on the head when he said that Scott has probably wasted a small fortune on the his son's failure of a music career.

10. gilaet

Reputations:
    Scott asked for a million dollar salary when they moved to Sirius. :bully:

11. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    IMO it seems that Scott is a huge pain in the ass. He cant take a joke and now he says he cant go do a show because of a 'wedding'. I'm sure if it was a bowling game there would be no problem with him getting out of that 'wedding'.

12. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Is he there five days a week? Union scale or not, two day weeks aren't going to pay the bills. That goes for the entire staff. How are they living? Either Howard is really a saint and made sure everyone was taken care of or they're all idiots who just took major hits to their incomes and are still staying. Working on the show has to be easier than it ever has been. No one has to do anything. I don't even know why they need people working in the office. The arts people at my church do more.

13. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    I worked in radio for a short time...The industry is notorious for being laced with lots of low paying jobs, especially in the support positions...This is not exclusive to THSS...

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

Howard goes to bat for his people?
    :jj:

15. gilaet

Reputations:
    Every time Scott bitches about money Howard reminds him that he stopped Tom from firing Scott 15 years ago. :jj:

16. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    When you did these janitorial gigs at the radio station was the DJ making $100 million a year and actually employing the underlings himself through an LLC.

17. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard should report Scott to Human Resources...and Benjy too......they both interfere with poor Howies ability to execute the jam packed promises he makes in between his 13 day weekends.....:jj:

18. Bababaloney

Reputations:
    VERY funny...I was on air talent (very briefly) for a small station when I got out of college...

I don't know exactly what any of those guys make, but I have to believe it is fairly competitive with similar radio shows.
    If it wasn't, I would think more people would have left, be it THSS or not...

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  20. Bababaloney

Reputations:

That video's funny as hell...
    Pete Webber is just a fucking bowler, right??? I think he's a recovered alcoholic...
    Maybe Pete should go back to drinking...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014