"At the End of the Day......."

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bigbump, Oct 17, 2012.

1. bigbump

bigbump Member

Reputations:
    Just like with Hogan, whenever someone says this constantly in a conversation you know they're lying. Bubba said it at least 20 times today and Hogan 3 times as many.
    :bsflag:

2. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Reputations:
    I detest this expression. :livid: Pet peeve of mine. I hear that, and the person drops 20 IQ points per utterance in my view. Where the hell did this start anyway? Jersey Shore?

3. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At the end of the day, you're another day older.

[video=youtube;NswrXps_E18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NswrXps_E18[/video]

4. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Tomorrow's only a day away?

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I played the "At the End of the Day" drinking game today too. I abhor it as well because it's usually spewed by idiots trying to sound deep. But at least "ATEOTD" has an actual meaning like the bottom line, but there's actually worse.

Another one I hate even more is the other schmuck trying to sound smart classic "It is what it is". Usually administered when an idiot is in over his head in a relatively deep or heated discussion and have nothing productive to say and they play the "IIWII" card. I have never ever heard that used in any discussion ever where it was a satisfactory response or productive addition to a chat. And don't me started on "There ya go", usually used by the massively overrated intellect of the Martian Manhunter that is Fred Norris.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  6. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Very interesting...the guy that I've heard this from ad nauseum is none other than Baba Booey!

Schmuck trying to sound smart? = Booey

7. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Tim Sabean as well. I guess it fits.

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    And Booey is the king of misusing "I" when he should say "me."

They all do it, but Toothy is the worst offender.

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh PERFECT example!!! Gary is the Costco of these hackneyed cliches' and he says "ATEOTD" and "IIWII" as much anyone. Gary has obviously strained the bar rag dry on "evolved" but the big one with Gary to me is "In Other Words" which is his go to fake intellectual cliche which I think he bit off Howard for a couple years back. He'll say "IOW" before the ORIGINAL words were even said. I remember on a WUS he used "IOW" like 4x in the same fucking sentence trying to wiggle out of a bad guest booking.

10. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Or START a sentence with "I mean"

That drives me crazy :nag:

11. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hate when people start a sentence with "To be honest with you". It tells me there isnt anything honest about you.

And when people over use the word "basically". It tells me youre trying to sound smart.

That shit drives me nuts.

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    YES, he'll just launch to an "I mean" when he hasn't even spoken yet, and he arrogantly assumes the audience knows the back room conversation he just had with Jason.

I swear one WUS Gary basically said in one sentence "I MEAN HERE'S THE DEAL...IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND AT THE END OF THE DAY WE TAKE WHO'S OFFERED TO US, IN OTHER WORDS TOMMY JAMES ISN'T ON ALL OF OUR AUDIENCE'S RADAR, IN OTHER WORDS IF HOWARD THINKS HE CAN GET A GOOD INTERVIEW OUT OF HIM WE'LL BOOK HIM AT THE END OF THE DAY, IN OTHER WORDS THE SHOW HAS EVOLVED WHERE HOWARD WON'T WANT TO BOOK THE SAME TYPE OF GUEST HE WOULD IN 1999."

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    GREAT one!! It's usually a DIShonesty smokescreen.

14. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    :haha:

C'mon, I'm afraid you're a bit "out of your wheelhouse" on that one! (another Booey saying...he's SUCH a fucking douchebag...)

The ONLY thing remotely funny that Benji EVER did was bust Gary's balls about the meaning of the "wheelhouse" phrase a few months ago on a WUS.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh man, Sabean might have Gary beat on all those middle mgmt Chicago speak and cliches'. I was watching Romney last night and I couldn't get Sabean's speak out of my head, he sounded exactly like him. Pitch, cadence, expressions, delivery everything.

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ahahhahhahah, I swear, I've actually cut down on my "douchebags" considerably because of shit like that. It's prob the most overused insult going now. I was on Greg Fitzsimmons show a few weeks ago and said "db" about Conan O'Brien and his 40 million dollar pity party, and when I listened back, even though the overall call went well I cringed in disappointment of myself the most in a very long time.

17. zoidborg

zoidborg New Member

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure 90% of Booey's sentences start with "I Mean..", "To be honest with you..", "At the end of the day.." or "Look..." He's like a fucking soundboard of retarded expressions. To me, the show jumped the shark when they started letting the ape speak without mocking his every word.

18. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    Point very well taken. I actually thought about "idiot" and "moron" as words to describe Gary, but as apt as those words are, I settled on "douchebag" because of his smarmy, condescending attitude towards everyone not named Howard or Jon Hein.

With that being said, db is getting over used quite a bit...

19. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    Sour Shoes KILLS that Gary impression using all of the above expressions (and "noine")

20. bigbump

bigbump Member

Reputations:
    Do you stand "on line" or "in line". That bugs me too. Howard says it all the time; "There were hundreds of people standing on line to get into my book signing.....". It's standing in line, right?