At this point, what is the better value for the money, RadioIO or SiriusXM?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TelegramSam, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm asking this question because I have two SXM subs, one lifetime and one one year they gave me for $40. Problem is, the one with the one year was in a car I just traded in (it was an older Direct Connect for a pioneer radio) and I didn't bother taking it out since the car that replaced it had a solid OEM stereo system. I want something other than FM for it, but SiriusXM has really pissed me off lately, and it's a Ford so I can sync it with my cell phone using SYNC (there is good cell service where I live, so I should be able to use it). I like Bubba, although his gouging his fans does piss me off, and SIriusXM has really neglected their music channels lately and RadioIO has some that interest me as part of the Audiophile subscription. Plus, I get access to the Bubba show archive.So, does anyone else out there have both, or just RadioIO? If so, could you give me a recommendation?

2. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Radioio....

... Because I have over 500,000 shares in it... Best $5k I ever spent

3. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    tune in and I heart radio

4. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If its the same RadioIO that Bubba and pack of scam artists are involved in i wouldnt touch it with a 565 ft pole!
    Sirius certainly has their issues but that pack of Florida thieves make the suits at Sirius look like upstanding citizens and besides that Bubba's been mailing it in since year two at Sirius and his show is nothing more than a vehicle to scam people and pimp his shitty merch!

5. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    tune in is absolutely AWESOME! :cheer:

http://tunein.com/

When I get bored with shuffling my favorites on my iPhone, I switch over and play tunein through it. It works pretty good, especially if you find a station (anywhere in the world) with a strong signal.

6. Beets Teeth

Beets Teeth Active Member

Reputations:
    I use Tunein and stream radio IO content through the Tunein app on my phone through the radio. Listen to Bubba, Shannon Burke, etc. Much better content than Sterns channels and it's free.

7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'm really torn on this, because I don't want to endorse SXM/Howard unless the quality improves, but I want more than regular FM/AM. I'm going to try out Tunein this week, but while I'm at it, has anyone used Pandora?