Shop Now At Amazon

At this point why even listen to Howard?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Jul 5, 2012.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At this point why even listen to Howard? The show is not funny. They guy is a complete douche! He isn't truthful! isn't that what the shows main selling point was from the beginning? he hasn't been honest about anything in decades!! I haven't listened since the day agt went live and it is awesome. it was nothing but a habit! that's all it was and it feels good to brake a bad habit after 20 years. fuck howard stern, gary, john H, beth the low budget model and whore and of course the hamptons.

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. the MFL

the MFL New Member

Reputations:
    I canceled in 2009 but continued to pirate the show until recently. I too downloaded it out of habit, and it was nice to have 4 hours of content to listen to at my desk. But then the shows got so bad so fast (or rather, so worse so fast) that I found myself listening to an entire weeks worth of shows in 2 hours. Including the WUS. I got tired of skipping CONSTANT AGT talk and shitty guests. Switched to audiobooks and I couldnt be happier.

4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The way I see it, it's like watching a beautiful hot air balloon launch from the ground and soar to new heights. Then, for no goo reason, the pilot decides to just cut the basket off and starts to free fall. He keeps accelerating until he hits terminal velocity and then the fucker pulls out a jet pack, straps it on, aims straight down and starts it up.

If I were to tune out now, I'd miss the final act of hitting the ground. Although In Howard's case, I'd bet on him actually ramming into the earth and start tunneling through it before he stops his decline.

I no longer listen. At first I had Sirius, then the radios antenna broke. Then the power source. I cancelled. I thought about downloading it, but didn't think it was worth the minimal effort required. Sirius continues to offer me renewable deals of six months @ $0.99/mo and I take it. Not because of Howard, but because I get the ultra package which has all of the xm channels and Internet bundle. O&a have put howie to shame.

5. prefect

prefect New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Once upon a time, I was a true believer. Then I was determined to ride it out until things finally ended. But it got so unenjoyable and unpleasant that I finally quit cold turkey. I think it's been about a year now. I still listen to MP3s of old shows (mostly from back in the '90s), but I'm not even tempted to check out the current show. :(

6. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I ask myself this very question all the time. I guess, I still listen out of habit? Or to see if it can go any further?
    I have tried to cancel a few times, and Sirius keeps giving me 6 month free offers....so I stay.
    But you're right, why even bother?

7. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I never listen {haven't in many years} but love reading about this shitty sitcom here...To see the once mighty dog lose it's fangs and become old and decrepit is fun

8. chuk

chuk VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    To see what moronic thing he says next.

9. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard always said that he had huge ratings because of two things: The people who enjoyed his show, and they who hated it and listened to hear next insane thing Howard says.
    Many ex-fans listens to hear how shitty Howard have become.

Much is Sirius fault, so anybody supporting Sirius is a part of the problem.

10. smichal

smichal Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    piss on the fans
    the show has never been better
    hehe

11. BeetlesDiaper

BeetlesDiaper New Member

Reputations:
    I broke the habit recently myself and you are right, it does feel good. It was tough to do because the old Howard was fucking epic.

But, this douchebag that is on the radio now is a shell of his former self. I only come here every day hoping to read about someone releasing a sextape with Beff.

12. the MFL

the MFL New Member

Reputations:
    The worst part is, I actually think he knows how bad the show is now, and just doesn't care. You can hear it when the random "good" caller gets through. So long as he gets paid and there are Bobos and Sabeans to eat the corn out of his shit, why try harder? Save the sheckles for chimney 29.

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I hate to say this, but I skipped his last two shows because the endless AGT commercials became too much for me.

14. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wanna see how big the crater will be.

Only idiots listen to old stern shows. It's a current events show. You wouldn't watch a year old tonight show... Face it. You do it out of habit

15. clauge

clauge Member

Reputations:
    I was a regular listener up until Artie left, but now just DL the show occasionally if it looks good on Mark's Friggin.

16. Spoons

Spoons Active Member

Reputations:
    Listening out of habit for me too, I have been listening since the early 80's.. except when he was not being simulcast to the DC area..

17. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Because, in conjunction with this site, he's actually entertaining me...just not in the way he intended.

18. Pukyak Lover

Pukyak Lover New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    The show is like a flickering light bulb. It's about to go out, but there are still times when it burns brightly. Of course those times are fewer and farther between than they once were.

19. prefect

prefect New Member VIP

Reputations:
    You are incorrect. Howard yelling at Baba Booey is timeless.

20. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Active Member

Reputations:
    Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

21. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Active Member

Reputations:
    True

TRUER!